Topic: Is someone from the "old school" still alive?

Hi! i don't see any movement in this forum.... no body wants to share new stupid mods? or ugly pictures?

The 97% of the activity are bots? sad

Hope see you say "hi" here!! ¬¬

Re: Is someone from the "old school" still alive?

Seems that a lot of people have moved to the Discord, or just that the popularity of the forums is shrinking (and hopefully not teeworlds'.)
It is true that the forums haven't seen a spark in activity for a while, which is not really a good thing considering it is THE teeworlds forum.

I believe the lack of activity in the forum is due to

- forums being less popular than they used to be in general
- non-ddnet based mods being less popular than they used to be

The bot activity is becoming an increasing % of the forum activity, to the point where I'm thinking we should make new accounts go through a whitelist. PunBB is unfortunately not maintained for long and at this point changing the forum software is a large task that would (imo) take too much focus away from the development of the game.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

unsigned char* wrote:

Hi! i don't see any movement in this forum.... no body wants to share new stupid mods? or ugly pictures?

The 97% of the activity are bots? :(

Hope see you say "hi" here!! ¬¬

hi

GOOGLE TRANSLATE big_smile:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

Vanilla has a down currently but at least ddnet has a big boom due to the steam release. Nice to see you still alive unsigned char* if you want to join the action come join #ddnet and #teeworlds on irc they are even linked to discord nowerdays.

#yemDX is a known troll!
but onbgy is the biggest troll
and deen always trolls, he just makes it so perfect that u think hes not

Hello,
I am an old teeworlds player. I started in 2012 maybe.
Didn't play for a long time though and now coming back.
I mostly play DDrace and fng, but want to make a mod.

ideally would be nice to have a mobile friendly responsive forum,
and recaptcha or similar to decrease automated bot post

CarmineZ wrote:

ideally would be nice to have a mobile friendly responsive forum,
and recaptcha or similar to decrease automated bot post

The issue with that:

Dune wrote:

PunBB is unfortunately not maintained for long and at this point changing the forum software is a large task that would (imo) take too much focus away from the development of the game.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

So should be a choice for the future to change the software, for example in the same time when releasing a new version like 0.8

I don't know how much difficult could be to transfer the contents from one forum to another version

Glad to see you all again! smile i'm not very familiar with Discord... and for "dev" stuff i prefer use github issues tongue

I'm with CarmineZ, maybe teeworlds forum needs a new 'modern' look...

What about close this and open a new fresh one? close != delete
It is not necessary that all the migration is ready the first day... the only necessary part is the users (name + email) and that the new system is in charge of sending the activation email.

There's a lot of dev talk going on at http://discord.gg/teeworlds. Discord is much what you would expect from a modern IRC, though it requires an account. You can also talk through the bridge from quakenet https://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#teeworlds

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Hi! There are lot of people from old school still alive. It's very old game and many oldies are still there.

We're at discord mostly. So try that dune's link first and we will invite you to mod-specific servers from there.

Forum isn't popular for many reason. It's engine is ancient. It doesn't even supports image upload and youtube embedding. Also it have an annoying delay when you post or comment which leaves newcomers an impression that it doesn't work at all or rejecting new content.

But honestly I don't think anyone will invest his time into fixing this. As the best solution would be to take the more recent engine and then migrate all posts and profiles which is a lot of job and script-writing.

https://infnext.tw/ a classic infection mod experience evolved

I do not want to dig up the old posts. But I am still alive somehow ...

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Stayin' Alive

Visit our clan: =Eagle= !

I still alive. I started playing this game in 2012. I see here many talks about ddnet and its pupality. Is it ddnet as mod or as steam?

DreamTee wrote:

I still alive. I started playing this game in 2012. I see here many talks about ddnet and its pupality. Is it ddnet as mod or as steam?

I think DDNet is directly available on Steam. It is still technically a modification of Teeworlds

Not Luck, Just Magic.