Topic: Cant run tw 0.7.2 once again

Hello guys, i have posted a topic that i cant run teeworlds 0.7 on XP, but as i understood its not compiled and i need higher version of windows. I upgraded my windows to Windows 7 and i still got a problem, now it doesnt write me any mistake, just opens black window like its running and then immediately closes, any advice? tried 0.7.2 and 0.7.1, the same thing goes on.

Re: Cant run tw 0.7.2 once again

From the FAQ (https://www.teeworlds.com/?page=docs&am … upport/faq) :

Q: The game stopped working, how do I fix it?

A: Probably something has gone wrong with the config. The easiest thing to try is deleting the settings.cfg. See Client Config to find the configuration file.

To find the configuration file (settings.cfg):

Windows
Run the file called config_directory.bat, that can be find in the Teeworlds directory, or enter %APPDATA%\Teeworlds in an Explorer window.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Didnt help, the same thing goes on...

Can you give us a console log?

In order to do this, shift+right click on the teeworlds folder. Click on "Open a console window here". Then, in the console, type "teeworlds.exe" to start teeworlds.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

It doesn't write anything, here is the screenshot https://imgur.com/a/H6X7BjM

So?..

The game has been giving me the same issue, ive followed all of these steps multiple times. Nothing has worked, please update a solution soon, i love this game and would love to actually play it.

Any progress?

Can you try to do this again, after writing in the f1 console (ingame):

show_console_window 3
Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

show_console_window 3

I believe he can't do that since the game doesn't even start for him

Sonix wrote:
Dune wrote:

show_console_window 3

I believe he can't do that since the game doesn't even start for him

Oh, right. Then he should add that line in the settings.cfg mentioned above

Not Luck, Just Magic.

12 (edited by arbok 2020-04-14 09:00:45)

interesting stuff going there. i added show_console_window 3 to settings.cfg as u said at the last line, but nothing happened. just black window and back to windows. but after checking settings.cfg that show_console_window 3 was not written. i did again and saw that the file is saved everything is ok, but after i run the game show_console_window 3 just disappears from the file

13 (edited by Sonix 2020-04-14 19:01:26)

Btw have you tried if the one from steam runs?

no, do u think it should help? i wanna try to install linux also and see how it goes there, otherwise i dont see any way else that can help me, it seems my computer is too old for this game

"it seems my computer is too old for this game" very unlikely
. TW should give lots of output when run from CMD. running a Live Linux OS might be fun though, then just install TW from the default repos. i would download a very old TW version & see what that does. my guess is your OS does not properly support your Graphics system.