1 (edited by transcix 2019-11-26 23:06:59)

Topic: Weekly timeslots for pro ctf5 games: when are you available?

Heya all.. so.. you all know that DDrace sucks, OK, but that's all you can find on Teeworlds these days, even after clicking "reset servers" three times in rapid succession on Teeworlds version 6 (nobody is on version 7).. So you ask yourself why the best multiplayer video game isn't being played?.. Well sheesh I'm real busy but I'll get the ball rollin.. let's get together and get this shit straightened out! smile

When are you generally available to play? Also what is a good website where we can all enter our availability info so that it can spit out some compromise time slots that we can all agree on?

Come on peeps, in no particular order the ctf5 pros who I can recall names of who I want to see, here's a shout out to: [SORRY FOR BUTCHERING THE NAMES I SAY THIS OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD]
Megamba
Tiger X
kaLLeAgain!
oO
Troll
Celmar
Flubber
Teek
Useless Tee
ZONE
Dark Pikatchu
ZIMBABWE
Another
o_O
Jitty/Love
Krapau
Iom
Lag
Getty/Love
1st DayTeeWorlds
Gitter Bob (spelling?)
CHARO
Chirua
7C7C7
Mozart
Turgleist (sorry butchered spelling lol)
Wrath of Bob
Poopie
Vio ~ Damned
DEATH
Kirby
CyborgSmurf
bug
Suiluj
Tchoo
Pyranik
KIRA
DOS
e6ajloBcblPe
CrazyMonkey
Lanez
Brainless Tee
Pamparon
NORTH
aopst!
THOR
nagnag
Albatros
Shameless Tee
BenZ
m1c
Smirxeln
IStudyingU
Hotass
Topot
Fa
Nt

...and sorry if I forgot you! I know there's some I forgot, I haven't played much lately, broke my arm actually, anyways no worries on that. Please remind me if I forgot you, we can like make a list, we can have a sticky thread here to coordinate times and stuff.. and also non-pros who want to become pros can maybe hang around like before and after the times and try to join the games if they're good enough..

PRO GAME. NO MERCY. WHO'S GAME? smile

Re: Weekly timeslots for pro ctf5 games: when are you available?

Yo what's up dude, i even had to make a new account cuz ive forgot my old account password big_smile it was really nice to play with you, you are such a skilled player, after so many years trying to find some people to play some CTF / DM it was soo hard to find anybody, but if there will be some " new " community that would enjoy to play with eachother even some tournaments that would be awesome to me, im up to play some CTF or DM stuff dude, whenever you are ready to play we can catch eachother, so i really wish that people will start to read our old forum and see that topic mate. Thanks again for writing my nickname there, as i said im up to play some whenever you all want ! Peace.

Maybe teeworlds, the best videogame in the world, will just die off. It's possible. Hopefully not.

There is a discord for competitive vanilla games and it's decently active. I don't think they play on ctf5 though...

Not Luck, Just Magic.

5 (edited by transcix 2019-08-31 01:57:31)

In defense of ctf5:

Why is it the best map of the current maps thus far?.. Because there isn't a single way of playing that's best.. there are several.. depends on your specialties and how you configure your stuff like mouse max distance etc.. if you try to be the best 1v1 ctf5 player then I guarantee you won't be the best 8v8 ctf5 player, and vice-versa. I seem to have helped encourage a bit of different way of playing.. I suck at hammer and sort of suck on laser lol, I concentrate on other things!.. ("wow he must be a bad player if he sucks at hammer and laser" - um I'm playing ctf5 k pls tks).. hopefully clans aren't hoarding knowledge, because at some point you won't have any use for that knowledge if the game dies lol.. a pro can always adapt.. I can kill any flag carrier, eventually.. occasionally a flag carrier's strategy is so good at evading that I just have to run in with the pistol, constantly, and die like that constantly and wear em out, pick up more weapons first, do everything faster.. and it's only with using the pistol primarily that I can kill them lol! ..some good flag carriers you can know where they are by the sound of their hooks.. they haven't learned to changed that up yet lol.. maybe I'll need dynamic camera one day?!.. it's curious how pros would often say I get lucky when I drag them down with hook and die myself also.. like do you even know ctf5?.. do you know how easily I can drag you down from your perch when you defend the flag from above your base?.. do you know how easily I can drag you down when you try going through the tunnel (it's not luck, it's why I suck at hammer and laser!)?.. do you know how often I return the flag with exactly 1hp left?.. do you know how often it comes down to the most split second decision?.. do you know how fucking intense it is when it's a real pro game?.. ctf5 isn't just about reflexes, it's about all the moves that led up to that split-second decision.. hey, ctf3 ain't bad either.. but like.. why don't more people realize the possibilities?.. if life is art, ctf5 is the best Tee canvas there is...

Ctf5 isn't played competitively because the base is completely fucked and you need more players than the entire scene has to offer. Love your post though.

7 (edited by transcix 2019-08-30 20:09:56)

Soup wrote:

Ctf5 isn't played competitively because the base is completely fucked and you need more players than the entire scene has to offer. Love your post though.

I don't understand what you want to say by the base being completely fucked. What base?

Also known as the area around the flag. Normally you have some kind of barriers for the defense there but ctf5 is completely open.

9 (edited by transcix 2019-08-31 00:04:33)

Yeah I know what the base is, but since I mainly play ctf5 I didn't understand your reference. I didn't know that all the other bases had defenses. In ctf5 it's the Tees who defend the base, and it's actually cool because it requires a different playing style compared to the other roles of, say, flag carrier, or chasing the flag carrier, or mid, so it allows for more variety i think which makes it a more interesting experience. To boil it down it down with an over-simplified analogy (because there are many different types of playing styles), if you're best with hammer and laser then in ctf5 you're better at defense than offense, and I would argue (although I may get some pushback here lol) that you get weaker the more the amount of players increases from 1v1 to 8v8 and vice-versa.

Hey transcix!
I remember your name but you forgot mine hmm I'm fa by the way : I miss those days when there were ctf5 servers with 15 players waiting me to join! When there were some pros in it... Those games were intense. Just run with the flag cause those fellas will catch you!

Hello,
Actually, I play only on ctf5. Couple of weeks ago I've found some time to come back to teeworlds and am playing regularly since. Since then only once ctf5 servers were empty and around 12 players are there on regular basis when I played teeworlds so I hope to see you fa and you guys there!

nt

Gah "fa" is such an ambiguous, unmemorable name, that I did indeed forget it! teehee >.<