Topic: [Question] Updating mods from 0.6 to 0.7

Hey guys, I have a very limited knowledge to coding (my main knowledge is writing in gsc, <--- call of duty mods). My question is what exactly needs to be updated in a mod from 0.6 for it to work on 0.7? I'm looking at trying to update eeeee's and fstd's DDWar mod to support 0.7. I have a few friends who know a lot more about C and C++ than I do.

Re: [Question] Updating mods from 0.6 to 0.7

I guess that, with the mod .patch file, you can adapt it into the new code style, step by step

You need to "merge" the old code with the new code. You can do this with git:
- add teeworlds github master as remote branch
- merge

The mergeing however requires a good knowledge of the code and take a long time

El BobLex wrote:

Hey guys, I have a very limited knowledge to coding (my main knowledge is writing in gsc, <--- call of duty mods). My question is what exactly needs to be updated in a mod from 0.6 for it to work on 0.7? I'm looking at trying to update eeeee's and fstd's DDWar mod to support 0.7. I have a few friends who know a lot more about C and C++ than I do.

Your programming skills are probably not enough to port those modifications. There are a lot of code modifications from 0.6 to 0.7 so the common way of doing it is rewriting the mods based on 0.7.

Assa wrote:

- merge

That's not really a good idea, you are better off trying to replay 0.6 patches on 0.7 than trying to merge 0.7 onto a 0.6 branch

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
El BobLex wrote:

Your programming skills are probably not enough to port those modifications. There are a lot of code modifications from 0.6 to 0.7 so the common way of doing it is rewriting the mods based on 0.7.

Assa wrote:

- merge

That's not really a good idea, you are better off trying to replay 0.6 patches on 0.7 than trying to merge 0.7 onto a 0.6 branch

Ah, im out of luck then. Well thanks for the info anyway