Topic: tee starts to move itself to the right / left

I downloaded the portable version of the game 0.7.3.1 and launched it on kubuntu 18.04. During the game, the left / right arrow keys are constantly jammed, and the tee starts to move itself to the right / left. This was not on version 0.6.4. How to fix it?

Re: tee starts to move itself to the right / left

KOT040188 wrote:

I downloaded the portable version of the game 0.7.3.1 and launched it on kubuntu 18.04. During the game, the left / right arrow keys are constantly jammed, and the tee starts to move itself to the right / left. This was not on version 0.6.4. How to fix it?

That is strange, first time I hear of that issue.
What if you change the bind to some other keys, does it happen again? (Settings > Controls)
Is it possible for you to reset binds to see if something was messed up?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I reassigned to the wasd keys, but nothing has changed. but now I have exactly figured out how to reproduce this bug: you have to press to the left and not releasing to press to the right - tee will run to the right until I press to the right. And vice versa.

KOT040188 wrote:

you have to press to the left and not releasing to press to the right - tee will run to the right until I press to the right

I do not understand, could you re-explain that?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

press left, do not release it, press right and release all keys - tee runs to the right. if you press it again to the right, it will stop. the same can be done the other way around.

How to fix it???

I have not heard of this problem and it looks quite easy to run into it so it must be something very rare with your setup.

Maybe with your keyboard. Are you using a laptop? It may be that the keyboard is not registering simultaneous key presses well.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I use a stationary pc. I use this keyboard for a long time. I have never experienced similar problems in other games. I repeat that this problem is missing in the old version of teeworlds.

9 (edited by 2019-05-12 15:02:22)

I connected a keyboard from another manufacturer to the PC. nothing has changed, the keys are still jammed. I can add that after the death of tee, the stuck keys do not jam until the next time.

Do I have to use the old version of the game all my life ???

So the keyboard is definitely not at fault.
My best guess would be an issue with Kubuntu and SDL 2. I think Kubuntu 18.04 ships libsdl 2.0.5? I may be wrong on that.
Could you maybe update your libsdl2 package?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

11 (edited by KOT040188 2019-05-14 18:34:04)

I don't quite understand what ships you are talking about. I have this version of libsdl https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic-upda … sdl2-2.0-0 I do not know how to update it.

Will there be any solution?

I don't know enough to help you further with that. Maybe Oy would have a clue, I'll ask if I see him.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

When will the corrections be made???

I'm still waiting for a solution!!!

You may want to delete (or rename) the "settings.cfg" file that you can find in ~/.teeworlds or ~/.config/teeworlds, to reset your settings. Your SDL version seems fine, maybe you have an odd config.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

KOT040188 wrote:

It did not help. I'm still waiting for correction.

KOT040188 wrote:
KOT040188 wrote:

It did not help. I'm still waiting for correction.

Did it ask you to enter a name again after you did that?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Yes.

It's happening to me as well, and a lot of people are complaining about that.
They say the problem is Teeworlds servers.

When I ping google.com, it reads min ping: 11ms, and average ping: 20 ms, so it's not my connectivity. Also, my computer is new and I've built it with really good pieces. I haven't got any problem and everything is really fast, but Teeworlds...
It happened to me when they updated, and I can't go back to the older version because they triggered a spoofing attack and everything is full of annoying bots.

I want to play Teeworlds. I want to use the new version of the game. But I can’t do it. I almost abandoned the game ... Dear developers, do something !!!!!!!!!!!

Any news???????

If you have a gamepad plugged in, unplug it.

lordskelethom - want to reach me quickly? https://discord.gg/teeworlds

Also, this gamepad issue should be fixed in 0.7.4, so try the new version.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

25 (edited by 2020-05-03 20:05:37)

The problem is still in version 0.7.5 and it does not depend on the connected gamepad.

When will this bug be fixed? How old do I have to endure it?