Re: [GAME] Ninslash - v0.5.0

Siile, how about repairing turrets automatically, by standing near them without moving or shooting?
That's easier to do on the server side I think.

Ninslash will turn 1 year next week! smile

version 0.3.1
  • 64 player support (max 16 for invasion)

• New droid enemy (invasion)

• improved map generation

• map generation for dm, tdm & ctf

• physic changes to movement & jetpack

• new base AI to invasion

• action spectator mode (survival only)

• Bug fixes

• Other minor fixes

Download (win & unix)

Ninslash Discord channel

http://ninslash.com/png/0.3.1.png

/me went redoing all screenshots, with blood disabled *sigh*.
Why, Google, why? At this point I might just put there three screenshots of the game main menu.
Meanwhile, you can grab Android version here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/libsdl … /Ninslash/

Hi Developers at pelya,

I reviewed Ninslash, ninslash.com, and had to reject it because it violates our metadata policy. If you submitted an update, the previous version of your app is still live on Google Play.

The flagged content in your Store listing relates to graphic violence prominently depicted in app icons, promotional images, text, or videos. Your Store listing can be seen by all users (signed-in or not) and needs to be appropriate for all audiences.

Here’s how you can submit your app for another review:

Read through the Metadata policy and adjust your app’s description, title, icon, screenshots, and/or promotional images to be appropriate for all audiences.
    Make sure your app is compliant with all policies listed in the Developer Program Policies. Remember additional enforcement could occur if there are further policy issues with your apps.
    Sign in to your Play Console and submit the app.

If you’ve reviewed our policies and feel this rejection may have been in error, please reach out to our policy support team. One of my colleagues will get back to you within 2 business days.

I appreciate your support of Google Play!

Best,

Vikram

Google Play Review Team

Special thanks to Ravie for once again supplying great graphics! cool

version 0.3.2
  • Armor pickups

• Menu background animation

• Background objects to generated level

• Rising acid level to survival mode (on timeout)

• New invasion maze type

• New enemies to invasion

• Other minor fixes

Download (win & unix)

Ninslash Discord channel

http://ninslash.com/png/0.3.2.png

version 0.4.0
  • Lots of improvements to weapons, level, movement etc. Try it!

Download (win & unix)

Ninslash Discord channel

http://ninslash.com/png/0.4.0.png

version 0.4.1
  • Weapon upgrades

Download (win & unix)

Ninslash Discord channel

http://ninslash.com/gifs/weapons.gif

is the android version updated?

No, I gave up. Too many shaders to convert to GLES2 syntax.

have you thinked about porting Ninslash into godot engine 3?

CarmineZ wrote:

have you thinked about porting Ninslash into godot engine 3?

You mean reworking the whole game and losing all advantages teeworlds's codebase offers? tongue

*limitations and disadvantages.

Sure. Tho I don't quite get the hype around Godot. Have to look at it a little bit closer maybe

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

287 (edited by CarmineZ 2018-04-13 21:28:38)

I know that teeworlds is like a tiny simplest easy customizable game, and I like for this... but with godot you can add more interactive objects with physic engine and publish for android

version 0.4.2
  • Battle Royale config(aka survival deathmatch)

• Bug fixes

• Minor optimization

• New level layout for pvp levels

• Small physics improvements

Download (win & unix)

Ninslash Discord channel

http://ninslash.com/png/0.4.2.png

So, what's going on with Ninslash?

0.4.0 took a lot longer than expected but I'm really happy with the result.
The new weapon system was the biggest change. It's not perfect, but it makes adding new weapons and items really fast and easy process, and I don't have to limit the number of items & weapons any more. I had to disable and rework some of the older features, but I'm adding them back with steady pace. There was lots of other minor improvements in 0.4.0 as well, to physics, levels, player size, sounds, visuals... I didn't include a single one manually created level in 0.4.0, all maps are generated by server.

Had I made better design choices along the way this update could've been released a year ago. This was the third time I reworked the weapon system, and hopefully the last. The development pace hasn't been that fast (reworking existing features is far from rewarding), but I still enjoy working with Ninslash, even more than before since now I can focus more on the content instead of the underlying systems / infra.

What's next?

I'm currently working to improve overall gameplay feel. This means getting rid of bugs and small things that annoys everybody. While I'm at it, I'm also working on new content: items, weapons, enemies, gamemodes...

New powerful items have a huge potential gameplay impact. Not necessarily in invasion (PvE), but in PvP gamemodes, especially in survival mode. Powerful grenades, shield & laser wall generators, buffs like invisibility and rampage etc. Aim is that one well placed trap can cause more harm than whole team spraying with random weapons.

New gamemodes I've been looking into are race, domination, murder mystery and horde modes. With 0.4.0 I hid reactor defense. Gun game and chainsaw infection were disabled as well (inf even earlier) as I wasn't happy with how they played (and gun game doesn't make that much sense with all the new weapons. Sorry Henningstone for wrecking your work).

Once I feel really happy with the gameplay and overall feel, content & stability, I'm going for Steam release.

I've been working with Ninslash for two years now, and stay assured, I'm not stopping here. This is where it all started, this is where we're now.

That's my thoughts, feel free to share yours!

290 (edited by Siile 2018-04-21 12:45:00)

http://ninslash.com/gifs/bazooka.gif

version 0.4.3
  • Screenshake is back

• Can't shoot through thin walls no more

• Player's weapon data is sent in spectator mode

• Pickups have better physics

• Shield item

• Weapon levels are now displayed in inventory

• Overcharger item  - you can use it in inventory to level up a weapon

• Enemies in invasion now get stronger as you go

• Roll dash now gives a fuel boost

• ...and other minor fixes

Download (win & unix)

Ninslash Discord channel

http://ninslash.com/png/overcharge.png

I like many extension you have add into Teeworlds base game... but I don't understand why the player is not able to walk or climb on a 45° slope, while he can easily walk on a vertical wall

version 0.4.4
  • Building blocks

• Some physics to some of the buildings

• New bouncer projectile explosion sound

• Separate key for opening building menu (default: R)

• Map toolboxes to 99, picking one now gives 4 boxes

Download (win & unix)

Ninslash Discord channel

http://ninslash.com/png/0.4.4.png

293 (edited by Siile 2018-05-01 19:17:46)

version 0.4.5
  • Laser walls now open for allies

• New laser wall sprite

• Usable item that resurrects one dead ally

• Bazooka's max damage reduced to 90

• Grenade's damage increased to 120

• Server stability fixes

Download (win & unix)

Ninslash Discord channel

http://ninslash.com/png/0.4.5.png

Such a shame, i quite enjoyed playing this mod. If this was released before DDNet destroyed Teeworlds i think a lot of players would be playing. Good effort.

== off topic ==

Ddnet didn't destroy teeworlds, teeworlds did it in its entirety itself. Ddnet just collected what was left. Just saying average gamer today is totally overwhelmed by a serverlist with filters and teeworlds doesn't have the best defaults. (that's just one reason)

== / off topic ==

But yeah, ninslash is cool, especially those vending machines. Ai is as always, siile, chapeau! (they still tend to like to to get stuck in slope ceilings, but who cares)

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

El BobLex wrote:

Good effort.

You think I'm done already? big_smile

Siile wrote:
El BobLex wrote:

Good effort.

Yes? No? Maybe?

El BobLex wrote:
Siile wrote:
El BobLex wrote:

Good effort.

Yes? No? Maybe?

Definitely not. After two years I'm just slowly picking up the development speed. wink

Next big milestone would be Steam launch (in 3-6 months).

Siile wrote:
El BobLex wrote:
Siile wrote:

Yes? No? Maybe?

Definitely not. After two years I'm just slowly picking up the development speed. wink

Next big milestone would be Steam launch (in 3-6 months).

Wow that would be pretty cool man, I wish you all the best. smile

Good job. Keep it up, keep up the good work!