Topic: [help with bam 0.4.0 compiling]

hello, i have 2 errors when I try to build Bam 0.4.0 with MinGW

gcc: error: src/lua/src/*.c: No such file or directory
   gcc: error: src/lua/src/lib/*.c: No such file or directory

what i must do?

Re: [help with bam 0.4.0 compiling]

LINK : fatal error LNK1123: errore durante la conversione in COFF: file non vali
do o danneggiato
bam: 'teeworlds.exe' error 1123
bam: error: a build step failed

Why da hell you want to compile BAMMM with MingGW?

I will be banned if I troll again ...

ok, i have found a solution, with installation of service pack 1 for visual c++ express 2010

CarmineZ wrote:

gcc: error: src/lua/src/*.c: No such file or directory
   gcc: error: src/lua/src/lib/*.c: No such file or directory

I've been getting these errors too when i start building bam. t's possible to build, compile and code using the vc++ compiler but I would really prefer MinGW over Visual Studio. Anybody else know what to do?

Are you using "bam-0.4.0" as the working directory?

If yes perhaps this thread can help....
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/393 … c-wildcard
** Use mingw-w64

unsigned char* wrote:

Are you using "bam-0.4.0" as the working directory?

If yes perhaps this thread can help....
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/393 … c-wildcard
** Use mingw-w64

I've removed all mingw/bin from my PATH folder, installed mingw-w64 and i still get this error. I see why this error only pops 2 out of 3 ...\*.c paths out. It's because there are no src/lua/src and src/lua/src/lib  directories and thus throwing out errors.
the only path existing and containing *.c files is src/ and src/lua (which is used in src and thus not compiled (?). When I remove these two paths and only leave src/*.c as input files then it throws a compiler error saying "lua.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated." even though it is right in src/lua. I tried moving them to the src folder but I still get the same compiler error. I do not know what do to anymore at this point.

Update: I found a weird way to compile bam on Windows using the last line of the make_unix.sh script and amazingly it works.
After about 100 hours of my brain thinking I noticed they are nearly the same. The only difference is that the make_win32_mingw.bat file is likely deprecated, because it wants to compile folders that don't exist and does not compile the ones that are there. To compile bam with mingw just change the last (third) line of the script to

@gcc -Wall -ansi -pedantic src/lua/*.c src/*.c -o bam

the -I was more or less redundant. src/lua/src, src/lua/src/lib are nonexistant folders. the folder where everything is contained in src/lua