1 (edited by NeXus_ 2017-06-17 18:09:51)

Topic: Teeskins - Comprehensive Teeworlds Database

https://www.teeskins.net/assets/img/Teeskins_logo_small.png

Welcome Community,

You may have heared about TeeDB.de. My previous project. People liked it and I thought that I should expand it.
So I created: Teeskins. My new and better Teeworlds Database with a lot more tools and functions!

Features:

Database:

• Skins, maps, mapres, emoticons, particles, cursors, clients, mods, auto mappers, sprite sheets

Tools:

• Search: Fast and easy to use searchsystem

• Maprenderer: Watch maps live in browser

• Skinrenderer: Render skin-images live in browser as they would look like ingame

• Topranks: See all maprecords with names and time on Unique-Servers (race)... Soon with DDnet-Servers too

• Teeworlds Search: Search online for Teeworlds Servers, names or maps

User-System:
Create an Account you are able to:

• Upload: Upload your own items to Teeskins!

• Like: Increase the statistics of items by liking them

Today I released the alpha v1.0. And I am happy to present it to you.
It would be a pleasure for me when you guys test this System and give me propper feedback, so I can improve on Teeskins.
If you find any bugs or issues. Please comment below. Thank you!
Keep in mind that this is not the final version.

NOTE: Teeskins will increase its database-Volume [Items in database] over time. I will upload as many items as I can so you guys can always find new stuff. If you have new items upload them and PLEASE fill out as many informations as you can (author, description, category...).

Enough said! Check it out yourself and let me know what you guys think about it  smile

Thank you.
Greetings NeXus.

Teeskins.net - Comprehensive Teeworlds Database

Re: Teeskins - Comprehensive Teeworlds Database

ROFL your preview-images are the original-images, this is more a gallery than a database

I will be banned if I troll again ...

And that is a problem? And why?
This is for having an idea how the map looks without using my maprenderer or downloading it.

4 (edited by Deepfinder 2017-06-17 20:50:31)

NeXus_ wrote:

And that is a problem? And why?
This is for having an idea how the map looks without using my maprenderer or downloading it.

Dude you never had a internet-speed below 1MBit/s Iam right?

I didn't mean only the map-previews but all your images (mapres, gameskins, emoticons, etc.): all the preview-images are the original-images; in fact one doesn't need the "download"-button. This is why I call it a gallery.
Scrolling through all this high-resolution images is also very hard on lower hardware

So how should I change that? Dont display any images?
I think thats very boring and not pretty at all.

NeXus_ wrote:

So how should I change that? Dont display any images?
I think thats very boring and not pretty at all.

??? LOL dude, a database is always "boring"
Just lower the resolution and give the user the choice between a version with images and without images

No I wont, I like it as it is. I dont want a boring list.. I didnt put so much work in it to change everything now.

Call it whatever you want, it is a gallery based database than.
Its funny how you dont say anything about the system. Just because I called it "database" it is "wrong".
If I would have said "gallery" it would be awesome or what?
This logic.

You have to understand that people with low internet-speed or low-hardware cant use your site. THIS is the reason why it should be called "gallery".

It makes me sad that you are so ignorant ):

I am not ignorant. I agreed with you that I should call it gallery-database. And I like the idea of a text-based version. But this will take time to implement.

I just thought that It wouldnt be a problem with all these images, because they arent even huge.
Nevertheless thanks for your feedback.

Well, hi there.

Here is a bunch of maps (beware, loading that page is several megabytes) http://heinrich5991.de/teeworlds/maps/maps/
A list of all of them is available here: http://heinrich5991.de/teeworlds/maps/LISTING
As well as thumbnails here: http://heinrich5991.de/teeworlds/maps/thumbs/

Additionally I am not sure where, I think somewhere in this folder there is a collection of thousands of mapres (basically, you could also scan the whole maps list from heinrich and export all the mapres)

Fixed thumbs URL // heinrich5991

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

NeXus_ wrote:

I agreed with you that I should call it gallery-database. And I like the idea of a text-based version. But this will take time to implement.

Okay cool! You should take this time, trust me

NeXus_ wrote:

I just thought that It wouldnt be a problem with all these images, because they arent even huge.

"Togehter we are strong"
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8144/7609660068_2497205186_b.jpg

I think the idea of Deepfinder is that you could downscale your images, so the browser displays a 100x100 image or so instead of a 1000x1000, in this example saving (literally ^^) 99% of the traffic. Then you can click the download button if you want the full-size image.

By the way, why can't I right-click the images on the front page? That seems a little annoying.

Yeah I will also make the resolution smaller.

I disabled right click for images, so people cant save images like that.
They have to use the download-button which is important for my statistics.

You know your web server probably creates logs. Put the download button directly to the url and parse the Webserver logs for statistics.

Or, if using a custom web server, just let it count each request globally.

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Or just downscale the preview-image!

Update: Many people suggested it:

Now you are able to toggle thumbnails on or off; for people with slow internet connection.

You will find the toggle switch on the upper right corner in the navigation section.

Toggle-Mode: "On": Displays any thubmnails.
Toggle-Mode: "Off": Displays no thumbnails.

Greetings smile

Hi, Good project!

I don't like your solution for thumbnails... hmm a button alone in the corner... and breaks the idea of initial design no?

To Know... Your page is vulnerable to XSS ... http://bit.ly/2skjvbS

Cheers!

@unsigned char regarding xss, you could have just used the script tag.

Yes, i can inject javascript code modifing URL... with time and study i can execute post/get ajax, for example, without CSRF protection. For a normal user isn't a problem... for a registered or admin is dangerous.. because i can invoke methods without explicit permission.

Oh thanks for informing me! Can you tell me how to fix this secure problem?

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/XSS_%28 … heat_Sheet

** Escape HTML

@Schwertspize using "script" tag cause errors from server... for this i use "img"... sry, I didn't understand it right the first time.

P.S: I see that "chromium" detect that i use javascript in the url and get an connection error smile

Yeah, unless you are using a database...... (it detects code that is both in the request url and the page) pretty nice except you want to demonstrate someone XSS.

On and, I believe, the "so much better and secure firefox" doesn't, btw tongue let the browser wars begin again!

24 (edited by Deepfinder 2017-06-21 16:07:52)

Schwertspize wrote:

On and, I believe, the "so much better and secure firefox" doesn't, btw tongue let the browser wars begin again!

Yes, Firefox lets his user decide what to do. This is calling "freedom of choice"!
Using Chromium is like having a baby-sitter for the whole internet (gets the standard-browser by default and so on, I think only noobs use it)

Updates:
-Users now have a settings page
-Users have a global rank on uploads and likes
-Global ranking system to show the top3 Users for uploads and likes
-Fixed some issues
-Uploaded new items smile