251 (edited by Deepfinder 2017-05-06 23:18:41)

Re: [GAME] Ninslash - v0.5.0

Siile wrote:
Deepfinder wrote:
Siile wrote:

Big thanks to unsigned char * for helping with this version! Small part of MineTee is now included in Ninslash. cool

Would it be possible to have a "CTF-Break"-mod in Ninslash?

No idea what's that. tongue

It's a mod made by unsigned char* some years ago - normal CTF on normal maps like CTF5 expect the fact, that you can destroy the map with grenades (like minecraft)!

I will be banned if I troll again ...

Deepfinder wrote:
Siile wrote:
Deepfinder wrote:

Would it be possible to have a "CTF-Break"-mod in Ninslash?

It's a mod made by unsigned char* some years ago - normal CTF on normal maps like CTF5 expect the fact, that you can destroy the map with grenades (like minecraft)!

Ah, nope. tongue

Siile wrote:
Deepfinder wrote:
Siile wrote:

Ah, nope. tongue

Why? It would be very funny!

254 (edited by pelya 2017-05-07 20:48:13)

Because it's complicated.
And that would be general setting, not CTF-only.

pelya wrote:

And that would be general setting, not CTF-only.

Why you want do destroy the old Ninslash? IMO it would be better when the player can choose what he wants (different servers with different ninslash-mods u know)

pelya wrote:

Because it's complicated.

Oh come on pelya, the whole life is complicated! That's no reason for a selfkill / no try! Ask unsigne char* for help, he is the master of map-destroy-teeworlds! Maybe he has even the old ctf-break source?

The reason why CTF-Break and MineTee died is the fact, that you need a custom client to play it. But Ninslash is the perfect solution for this problem!
I actually don't play Ninslash because it is more or less boring for me, but with a DM/CTF/etc./BREAK-mod it would be much funnier!

There's lots of other stuff I'd rather add. smile

Why you want do destroy the old Ninslash?

Eh, what? The 'setting' means that you can turn it on and off on the server as you wish.
Aside from that, Ninslash is still very much in the development, and I did not yet see any regular players aside from Siile, so we can change the gameplay in any way that Siile decides.

Oh come on pelya, the whole life is complicated! That's no reason for a selfkill / no try!

I would love this feature, and I want it in Ninslash.
Unfortunately, I cannot yet do programming without PC, and my phone does not have full-size slide-out keyboard, or Android SDK and build tools installed.
And I think that unsigned char* have other important things in life than digging up some old code he probably forgot about already, and adapting it to some heavily modified codebase created not by himself, for a game which rarely has more that two online players at the same time.
So go and ask him yourself, maybe you'll be lucky.
If I'll have free time, I'll try to find his CTF-Break repo and adapt his changes, but don't expect it tomorrow. Or this week. Or this month. So maybe this year. And only if Siile will like it enough to merge it.

pelya wrote:

And only if Siile will like it enough to merge it.

I would reject the PR without a second thought. tongue

Siile wrote:
pelya wrote:

Ruling Ninslash codebase with an iron fist, oppressing contributors (which would be me) by brutally ignoring PRs tongue (of which I currently have two, one of them is outdated)

pelya wrote:
Siile wrote:
pelya wrote:

Ruling Ninslash codebase with an iron fist, oppressing contributors (which would be me) by brutally ignoring PRs tongue (of which I currently have two, one of them is outdated)

Oh, that's the way, uh-huh uh-huh
I like it, uh-huh, uh-huh ♪♫♫♪

wink

This update makes higher levels in invasion a bit more playable.

version 0.2.6
  • New core mechanic: hanging

• Warning lines for death rays

• Loud speakers to invasion, environmental music

• 2 new map templates for invasion

• Minor fixes

Download (win & unix)

Ninslash Discord channel

http://ninslash.com/png/0.2.6.png

Music sounds like screams from hell on mobile, I guess some buffer value is too small.

Could you disable it by default? snd_environmental 0

On the popular request, I've added fixed touchscreen joystick to Android version, you can enable it in Settings - General.

I've also set up statistics webpage for dedicated servers, it shows the amount of online players:

http://69.12.73.163/munin/ninslash-week.html

It shows 500M players where there should be 2, I think it's because the database is not yet populated.

Great!

Next update is going to be a bigger one. I've been experimenting with weapon upgrades, new buildings and some other new stuff.

http://ninslash.com/gifs/laser2.gif

Help with graphics would be greatly appreciated. Items, buildings, traps, weapon upgrades etc.

Google Play review team is on fire today. They checked http://ninslash.com/ , did not find any references to the Android app, and rejected my latest update. So from now on, Android app will be known as "Unofficial Client For Ninslash".

Siile wrote:

Help with graphics would be greatly appreciated. Items, buildings, traps, weapon upgrades etc.

You have more chances of getting help if you tell us what exactly do you need. Like, a bear trap or a big mouse trap, two images - open and closed with some animation lines.
Or a silencer and a scope for a grenade launcher tongue

Gameplay wise, I would like to avoid any items that you carry around, because I'll then need to make a separate screen button for using the item.
It would be okay if you use the item automatically, for example medkit can be used automatically on low health, or a key can open some door when you are near that door.

As for weapons, I am hoping to see a guided missile someday, and maybe a zoomed scope window for a sniper rifle.  But please no dirt-spawning weapons. I'm still not sure if we need destructable terrain, it does not add much gameplay-wise, but complicated to implement.

pelya wrote:

Google Play review team is on fire today. They checked http://ninslash.com/ , did not find any references to the Android app, and rejected my latest update. So from now on, Android app will be known as "Unofficial Client For Ninslash".

I can add link to ninslash.com, no problem. smile

I'm sure we don't need destructible terrain. It would just complicate everything, and there's enough 2d minecraft clones already. I could add some homing weapons, I'll just need to rethink some parts of projectile prediction for that. The current one doesn't really give any tools for this.

Unfortunately my plan for item system was carry one item with you, use it when you want.

The more complex thing to make "destructible maps" is send the current status of the map to the new users.... for the rest you have all necessary stuff currently in the source.

P.S: You have the credits in map generation... i only do the "infrastructure" wink

Cheers!

Okay I can manage just one game item, I have added separate buttons for building turrets and using mines after all.

But please make those items usable outside of combat. As my OpenArena experience has shown, you will just forget to use a medkit or a teleport during battle, because you are concentrating on other things, and after that you are dead and your medkit is wasted.

I would more like specialty items, such as cloak of invisibility, which you use outside of the combat to sneak to the enemy base and build three surprise turrets there, or maybe 'runes' that give you a permanent boost, like you run faster but can carry only one weapon etc.

Haven't posted here for a while, so here we go again.

version 0.3.0
  • New mode: Reactor Defence

• New main menu (first version, more menu rework coming in future)

• New building: teslacoil

• Turrets can now be placed on ceiling

• Another new skin (by Ravie)

• New tileset (by Ravie) cool

• New skin for sword (by Ravie)

• Improved pathfinding for AI

• Minor fixes

version 0.2.7 & 0.2.8
  • Weapon upgrades (2 upgrades for each weapon)

• Lightning walls

• New skin (by Ravie)

• Lots of small improvements and fixes

Download (win & unix)

Ninslash Discord channel

http://ninslash.com/png/0.3.0.png

"0.3 will be released in 2018"

Yeah, sure

Hello Siile, will you by any chance add a car to your game?

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

wappsify wrote:

Hello Siile, will you by any chance add a car to your game?

It cool?

http://ninslash.com/png/it_custom_it_cool.png

ATV looks good, but I would prefer it with a turret on the roof.
Will it have Mototrials-style controls?

siile good siile contunue to create it good your game smile

Hello tee am angelfrans1 me love teeworlds it cool game it great me a clan. Me a tee pokéball, invisible tee, me skin it angelfrans1.Me love create a tee and moding color.Me use teeworld gamer it very easy me love teeworld and tee neutral