Re: [GAME] Ninslash - v0.5.0

samdewit02 wrote:
android272 wrote:
pelya wrote:

Edit file ninslash.cfg in the text editor.

I dont seem to have the files ninslash.cfg or settings.cfg. I do have a autoexec.cfg file but when I open it I don't see the lines 'gfx_screen_width 1920' or 'gfx_screen_height 1080'.

Go to your windows search thingy and type %AppData%, then go to Ninslash, then edit the file

About map making, how do the bots work? There are 4 different icons in the game menu when holding spacebar, what do they do? 2 with blue eyes, 2 with purple eyes.

Also, how do you make the bots spawn in different waves? Is there some sort of trigger?

Now you can put as many enemies as you want to map, but only 12 of them can be alive at the same time. When you kill them new enemies spawn, first enemy type 1 (basic aliens), then all 2 (angry aliens), after that 3 (laser robot), and finally 4 (chainsaw robots). Then there's the entity id order.

As invasion requires infinite number of maps, I'm planning to give it to it.

22 maps are pretty okay I think. The last map could be something like 'You win!' text using map tiles, and no enemies.

pelya wrote:

22 maps are pretty okay I think. The last map could be something like 'You win!' text using map tiles, and no enemies.

Erhm, i'm not sure about that. I've played through the thing at least 3 times now, and i can already feel it becoming stale after some time. Also Sille if you need new maps for the invasion i'd gladly help.

samdewit02 wrote:

Erhm, i'm not sure about that. I've played through the thing at least 3 times now, and i can already feel it becoming stale after some time. Also Sille if you need new maps for the invasion i'd gladly help.

I never managed to go path fourth map, even when one another player was present.
This requires some dedication if you're playing on a phone.

BTW I've set up a second US server, this one is at New Jersey, so hopefully the whole of US is covered now. The first US server is at Los Angeles, on an opposite edge of the continent.

Most of installs on Play Store are from US.
There are 25 users from US, out of 180 total users, measured by current installs. There are 1480 all-time downloads of the app so far, which does not count uninstalls.
The next country in the list is Russia, with 18 users, Germany with 16, and Mexico with 14.
And there's no Japan on the list at all sad

I totally agree that 20 maps for invasion is not enough. 100 maps wouldn't be enough. I'm planning on adding map generating, but that will take some time to get up and working.

samdewit02, if you create maps of the same quality (or better) than the existing ones, I'll add them to rotation. Maps for tdm & ctf preferred, but wouldn't mind invasion maps either. Next version has doubled max fuel, so ppl can fly higher and longer. I'll change ai behavior eventually as well.

For all inkscape artists out there: New skin prototypes

I'm usually online at discord, which might be the place place to discuss the details.

And pelya, thanks again for great effort! cool

version 0.2.4
  • New skins

• New jetpack & turbo effect

• Fuel max doubled

• Gamepad (xbox 360) bindings updated

• Bug fixes and minor improvements

Download (win & unix)

Ninslash Discord channel

http://ninslash.com/png/0.2.4.png

pelya wrote:

On a totally unrelated note, I've found a wonderful hosting provider at http://lowendspirit.com/  which offers 128 Mb VPS server for €3.50 per year.
I'm a bit excited, although I wonder if  their ping is total crap for such a price.

What could you tell me about the data transfer limit?

Android version updated.

Looks like something is wrong with nethash between Android client and 'BEST SERVER', I'll wait for my other servers to auto-update.

CarmineZ wrote:

What could you tell me about the data transfer limit?

It's 75 Gb per month. Ninslash server did not even use one gigabyte so far, it's at 600 Mb.

pelya wrote:

Ninslash server did not even use one gigabyte so far, it's at 600 Mb.

Typical Ninslash

I will be banned if I troll again ...

Deepfinder wrote:
pelya wrote:

Typical Ninslash

It's just the brilliant network optimization, not the lack of players. tongue

Siile wrote:
Deepfinder wrote:
pelya wrote:

Typical Ninslash

It's just the brilliant network optimization, not the lack of players. tongue

In fact it's that people always always have strange impressions about realistic traffic and many hoster sell incredible amounts where those who don't use it pay for those few who uses that all.

Just about anything the size of teeworlds would fit in that 75gb traffic, be it webserver, master server for all players ore a server frequently played on.

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

237 (edited by CarmineZ 2017-04-14 19:02:06)

then is possible to run more than one server in the same vps?
do you know how is the ping?

Yes it should be possible - ninslash_srv uses only 5% of those 128 Mb RAM on my lowendspirit host, however there's still just one CPU, so they might overlap a bit.

I can only ping my other servers using tw_api.py script. us and us2 servers are on the opposite sides of US - at LA and NJ, jp server is in Japan, and odro2 server is in Ukraine, so these ping values are the worst you can get, and I cannot do the proper test because I'm not in US or Japan.

For some reason BEST SERVER is down today, 164.132.46.180 is somewhere in France.

Results from jp server

Server ('164.132.46.180', 8303) Ninslash - vote server ping 239
Server ('78.27.177.68', 8303) odro2 - vote server ping 286
Server ('69.12.73.163', 8303) us - vote server ping 107
Server ('172.93.103.204', 21501) us2 - vote server ping 157

Results from us2 server:

Server ('164.132.46.180', 8303) Ninslash - vote server ping 73
Server ('45.32.248.224', 17101) jp - vote server ping 159
Server ('78.27.177.68', 8303) odro2 - vote server ping 125
Server ('69.12.73.163', 8303) us - vote server ping 82

239 (edited by CarmineZ 2017-04-16 15:21:25)

at this link https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/ca … amp;pid=84 I should configure before buying,
can you help me? What I need to put in the form? (Hostname, ns1 prefix, ns2 prefix, Additional Required Information: Torrents or Tor) ??? Maybe I must have a domain or something else?
I'm from Italy and want to put a mod under construction for some online test, thanks for your support big_smile

Make sure to use the correct link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/cart.php?gid=13 - you want to pay 3.50 per year, not per month.
If you are not planning to use DNS (you will access the server only by it's IP address), you may put whatever servername you want into the 'hostname' field, 'server1' will work fine, and you don't need to fill ns1 and ns2 then.
For 'Torrents or Tor', write 'No'.
Don't put any special symbols into the root password, only letters and numbers (that's a bug in their web panel).
They will allocate only 20 ports for their external IPv4 address, it's a bit tricky to set up, but nothing too complicated, they will send a email with instructions. IPv6 address does not have such restrictions, so I'm connecting via SSH using IPv6 address.
What are you planning to host there? Only TeeWorlds, or something else?

Thanks for your note: I put the right link now (page changed address after loaded)...
and yes, initially, I would put only one teeworlds server, but, do you know what else i can put togheter, without decrease the performance?
as always, your information is very useful smile

Quake server? It's a  bit underpowered for anything else to be honest. You can install Apache and put some static webpage there, but you can use Google Sites for that with less hassle.

ok, you're right... We're already lucky to have found this provider, suitable for small projects.
Another question:
a long time that I have an idea of a "mod" with interaction between servers (of the same mod) , it would be good to put the MasterServer there (at lowendspirit miniVPS)?
have you ever thought of making your own masterserver? do you know if this is possible?
if not, I will make a classic mod

Please continue with private messages.

Testing some new "eyes" for next release:
http://ninslash.com/png/robovoid.png

Btw Pelya, I played with mobile version and it has taken huge steps forward from when I last time tested it. Works really well now, but how do I access menu from in game?

Press Back button on your phone to access game menu. If you don't have Back button, swipe from the bottom of the screen.

Big thanks to unsigned char * for helping with this version! Small part of MineTee is now included in Ninslash. cool

version 0.2.5
  • Procedural map generation in Invasion mode

• New core mechanic, slide jump kick (down + jump)

• New eyes & hats / hairs

• Reworked walker AI

• Lots of minor fixes & improvements

Download (win & unix)

Ninslash Discord channel

http://ninslash.com/png/0.2.5.png

Android version will be updated after Tuesday.
Jumpkick should work with touchscreen controls in theory, but let's see.

Siile wrote:

Big thanks to unsigned char * for helping with this version! Small part of MineTee is now included in Ninslash. cool

Would it be possible to have a "CTF-Break"-mod in Ninslash?

I will be banned if I troll again ...

Deepfinder wrote:
Siile wrote:

Would it be possible to have a "CTF-Break"-mod in Ninslash?

No idea what's that. tongue