1 (edited by Neox 2016-10-28 01:35:11)

Topic: [MOD] NX|Idle

Hello Communitee!

Today, I'm gonna talk about my brand new mod called NX|Idle!
It's called "Idle" because it's an idle game, as you may have guessed it...

So what's an idle game?
It's these games like clicker heroes, or cookie clicker, where you have to click on something to get money, then buy stuff (upgrades, buildings) with that money, then those upgrades/buildings will give you money each second. Usually in such games, your goal is to... ehm... well, can we skip this part? haha
Joke aside, the goal is to get as rich as possible. The goal seems dumb, but a lot of people love such games smile

The more buildings you get, the more expensive will the next building be!
So first you'll start spending like 100$.. then 1k.. 1m... etc.

It took me some time to code that mod, so please give it a try smile

You can try it out at nx-lab.com:8310

NB : This mod is private, I'm neither gonna give sources nor binaries. So please don't ask for them.

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

2 (edited by Schwertspize 2016-10-28 07:09:04)

Re: [MOD] NX|Idle

Please excuse me, I don't want to make you down.

I just want to stress how far the community has driven teeworlds. It's now a pointless phone game (oh gosh, so many phone games are pointless) whose aim is to generate money for Neox through having the server private and selling ingame money for real life money. Have you considered displaying Google ads below every player?

Neox wrote:

NB : This mod is private, I'm neither gonna give sources nor binaries. So please don't ask for them.

Of course you can't give that away, cause others would run a server and ruin your concept.

I know that's not all of teeworlds, but that's what teeworlds is too now.....

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Looks funny, I will try to find the server!

I will be banned if I troll again ...

4 (edited by Neox 2016-10-28 15:24:30)

Schwertspize wrote:

Please excuse me, I don't want to make you down.

I just want to stress how far the community has driven teeworlds. It's now a pointless phone game (oh gosh, so many phone games are pointless) whose aim is to generate money for Neox through having the server private and selling ingame money for real life money. Have you considered displaying Google ads below every player?

Neox wrote:

Of course you can't give that away, cause others would run a server and ruin your concept.

I know that's not all of teeworlds, but that's what teeworlds is too now.....

What you're talking about is another of my mods, I'm not even selling anything in that mod. Funny, but it looks like you're arguing about it without even having tested it yikes (if you did, please tell me where am I selling anything for real life money, on this mod, because otherwise it's not the same topic.)

Schwertspize wrote:

cause others would run a server and ruin your concept

That's not a valid argument, you're talking as if I was the only coder in Teeworlds, and that noone else will do such a mod later, unless I'm sharing the binaries/sources.
And btw, Teeworlds always had private mods. I'm releasing public and opensource mods too, why should I not keep some of my work private?

Deepfinder wrote:

Looks funny, I will try to find the server!

Thanks smile And have fun! big_smile
Btw it was down, now it's up again. There was a crashbug wink Fixed now

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

I love these fun gametypes!!!

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

Oh wow, no! Neox, you and your crazy mods are still around?! This stuff is too well made for just an idle mod. yikes
Also, the printer printing dollar signs looks really cute. big_smile

Niki49 wrote:

Oh wow, no! Neox, you and your crazy mods are still around?! This stuff is too well made for just an idle mod. yikes
Also, the printer printing dollar signs looks really cute. big_smile

Hahaha nice to see you again!! Thank you for your feedback smile
I even have a crazier mod than this one, but it's really not user friendly so idk if I'll ever release it. I worked on that other mod for months.. but meh smile
Btw I'm wondering why you're never online in Skype yikes

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.