Topic: Teeworlds server not appearing on internet tab...

Hi, im trying to port forward my router, i keep doing it as it says, but my Teeworlds server is always LAN... Please help!

Router: Vodafone HG658c

Remote host:

External start point: 8303

External end point: 8303

internal host : 109.79.70.66 (public ip)

internal port: 8303

Port forwarding name: DDNet server

--------------------------------------------------------

Please help if you can, and thanks ! smile

I have not failed! I just found 10,000 ways that don't work!

Re: Teeworlds server not appearing on internet tab...

Does the message "ERROR: configure your firewall/nat to let through udp on port 8303" appear in the server output? If not, everything is working fine, you'll always see your own server in the LAN tab as well.

Internal host should be the intenral address of your computer

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

4 (edited by 2016-10-06 21:14:54)

Yes, it shows up in LAN, and it does say "ERROR: configure your firewall/nat to let through udp on port 8303" in the terminal...

I tried three ips, ( routers, public ip, and private ) .... which one do i use?

and does my internal port have to be the same as 8303 or my firewall ?

Sorry if i cannot reply sooner, i am in Britain so my time zones are different than the US . Thanks big_smile

-------------------------------
I am using ethernet cable.... so will my options be

ATM_TRO69.....
  OR
ETH_TRO69...
OR
PTM_TRO69....

---------------------------------
And to clarify, do i use port 8303 in my internal port?

Well.

The thing works this way. If someone in your lan accesses the Internet, the router saves that and sends the response to the right client.

Now, if someone from the outside makes a new connection to the public id, the router doesn't know any packet before that's valid so he doesn't know where to deliver that packet => drops it.

Now with packet forwarding, you set that any packet coming from a specific port to a specific port to send it to a specific port on a specific lan machine. You usually want every source port to a specific port.

Ie, you can have 5 machines in the lan, each one running a teeworlds server on 8303 and the router sends incoming packets coming to 8301 to the first machine (at port 8303) and packets coming to 8302 at the router to the second machine (still at port 8303)

So the outside sees 5 open ports.
8301 => first machine, port 8303
8302 => second machine, port 8303
8303 => third machine.....

In your case you need to set FROM ANY port TO 8303, apply the rule to FORWARD to LOCAL IP of the server TO PORT 8303

A short introduction to the alternative: DMZ. A DeMilitarized Zone is that you specify a certain machine in the lan to receive all packets that come from the outside without any request from the inside. So you are basically disabling the routers firewall and say, pass anything there WHICH IS NOT RECOMMENDED IN 90% OF THE USE CASES. Only do that if you really do know what you want (or probably want to circumvent the routers firewall because you do router cascading. But that's nothing for you wink

I hope it's now a bit clearer for you how these things work.

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

i know parts of this already, But i need to know what is my internal port and how to find it......

i am using the Ubuntu OS.... to be more precise smile

Thanks anyway big_smile

Your internal port is the one that you set in teeworlds. The port the teeworld server binds to on your machine

oh....

so if i set

sv_port 1000

will my internal port be 1000?

10 (edited by Quatria 2016-10-08 18:55:36)

The error message: "ERROR: configure your firewall/nat to let through udp on port 8303"
tells you wich port need to be forwarded (8303)

But yes you can also change the port to 1000

11 (edited by psliazas 2016-10-11 10:38:16)

It still doesn't work with the settings:

external port start:8303

external port end: 8310

internal ip: xxx.xxx.x.x

internal port: 22
-------------------------------------------
teeworlds server.config settings:

sv_port 22

sv_register 1

Would ethernet (cable transmitted internet)  be the problem here? sad

Your settings.cfg should be like this:

sv_port 8303
sv_register 1

And don't forget to start your server with the config file:

./teeworlds_srv -f ./settings.cfg

Once this is done, your server is listening to the port "8303" of your computer. If your router is correctly configured (your router must accept the UDP protocol for the port 8303), the error should disappear.

Apart from what necropotame said, sv_port 22 is not recommended because 1. You would need to start teeworlds as root to bind to that port and 2. It's commonly used by the ssh server.