Re: [GAME] Ninslash - v0.5.0

Siile wrote:

Anyone wanna help me with coding? I could use good looking liquid (poison & lava pools) and modular map generation (combining two or more small maps into a single map).

Here is a video of water in teeworlds that looks really good. And I found this gamedev.stackexchange thread on how to make a system like this. here is a direct link to the tutorial the guy uses for the water system.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

52 (edited by Siile 2016-09-11 17:36:22)

Time to boot your servers and update the client: Download (win & unix, Dropbox)

2 new maps, new tiles and backgrounds for both: factory1 & lab1

Flame traps:
https://ninslash.com/lab1.png

Sliding improved:
https://ninslash.com/factory1.png

brandconnell wrote:

crashes when i try to start it

This has now been fixed. Ground blood using multiple rendering buffers is now disabled by default, as it caused issues for some players. It can be enabled from settings -> custom

...And some other fixes and improvements I'm too lazy to list.

I've tried playing with turrets today, and it's confusing.

We have two identical lists for normal weapons, and another  list for turret parts, switching between them is a pain - when I select the wrench, someone invariably starts shooting me, and I cannot select any normal weapon while holding the wrench. Pressing mouse wheel scrolls through these 3 lists by 2 lists at a time, which does not help

I would suggest having just one weapon list, with wrench inside it. You can remove some duplicate weapons, like that blue auto cannon, which shoots exactly like the assault rifle, but in blue.

About the blue auto cannon. It explodes at the target and slows down whoever it reaches

Flame traps sounds awesome but didn't we already have these laser beams appearing randomly?

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Schwertspize wrote:

About the blue auto cannon. It explodes at the target and slows down whoever it reaches

Flame traps sounds awesome but didn't we already have these laser beams appearing randomly?

~3.5 seconds interval isn't random. tongue

Flame traps are much more friendly than death ray, they "just" burn you instead of killing instantly.

pelya wrote:

I've tried playing with turrets today, and it's confusing.

We have two identical lists for normal weapons, and another  list for turret parts, switching between them is a pain - when I select the wrench, someone invariably starts shooting me, and I cannot select any normal weapon while holding the wrench. Pressing mouse wheel scrolls through these 3 lists by 2 lists at a time, which does not help

I would suggest having just one weapon list, with wrench inside it. You can remove some duplicate weapons, like that blue auto cannon, which shoots exactly like the assault rifle, but in blue.

Two identical weapon lists = primary & secondary weapon. Electro launcher (blue weapon) doesn't do that much damage, but it slows whatever it hits (great effect with chainsaw as secondary weapon).

Building is currently confusing, as it lacks all hand holding and GUI for actually placing the buildings / parts. I'm going to add more parts & buildings, so even with more instructions it will feel a bit strange at first. You're not the only one that has suggested changing the tool to be part of weapon group.

I am out of ammo in this game too often to care about primary and secondary weapons, I usually want just to quickly select something that shoots.

Auto-switching weapons when out of ammo would be nice.

I have a problem. When i start up the game, nothing weird happens, but i cant move my cursor to the bottom right corner. I think it has something to do with the resolution not being right. I wanted to change this is the settings, but the "graphical" part of the settings is out of reach for my cursor, so i cant change the it. Do you have a solution?

58 (edited by Netherland 2016-09-16 02:24:38)

samdewit02 wrote:

I have a problem. When i start up the game, nothing weird happens, but i cant move my cursor to the bottom right corner. I think it has something to do with the resolution not being right. I wanted to change this is the settings, but the "graphical" part of the settings is out of reach for my cursor, so i cant change the it. Do you have a solution?

Open file explorer and enter the following path: "%appdata%\ninslash"
Edit the settings.cfg file and change the following settings
gfx_screen_width 1920
gfx_screen_height 1080
To your screen size

privet

Netherland wrote:
samdewit02 wrote:

Open file explorer and enter the following path: "%appdata%\ninslash"
Edit the settings.cfg file and change the following settings
gfx_screen_width 1920
gfx_screen_height 1080
To your screen size

Thanks, i'm gonna try that when i get home

60 (edited by Siile 2016-09-17 08:49:29)

Ninslash.com just reached it's first 1000 sessions! cool
Counting started on monday (12.9).

https://ninslash.com/first1000.png

Writing this helped a lot. smile

http://ninslash.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/electric.gif

Do you mean, website stats? I'm more interested in the amount of games played.

62 (edited by android272 2016-09-17 02:10:13)

You think about making it so that if two players are a certain distance from each other and swing their swords at the same that they would parry?

Also here is that Jason mask I told you about.

http://orig02.deviantart.net/9a4a/f/2016/260/0/b/teeworlds_hockey_mask_by_android272-dahyrge.png

Source SVG for Jason Mask from my DeviantArt here

Here is the leatherface mask you asked for. I could not decide on how to make the stitches so I am leaving it up to you. If you download the files from my deviant art there are leatherface1 and leatherface2 at the right image scale.

http://orig07.deviantart.net/85e8/f/2016/260/f/6/leatherface_by_android272-dahz4b2.png

Source SVG for Leatherface Mask from my DeviantArt here

Let me know if you want any changes.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

Thanks android272!

Sometimes windows version crashes when you join game for first few times, I'll try to fix this asap.

Is this a bit much?
http://ninslash.com/blood.gif

I would like to play this game (it looks great!), but after compiling it in Ubuntu 16.04 and executing the resulting binary, the game seems to start normally but then it crash.

- These are my pc details:

Memory: 2.9 GiB
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70Ghz x 2
Graphics: Intel® G33 x86/MMX/SSE2
OS type:  32-bit
Disk: 48.2 GB

- This is the information of the compilation process:

[james@James Ninslash-master]$ sudo ~/Desktop/bam-0.5.0/bam game_release
[sudo] password for james: 
auto configuration

configuration:
AUTO  compiler             gcc
AUTO  stackprotector       yes
AUTO  minmacosxsdk         no
AUTO  macosxppc            no
AUTO  zlib                 (in system path)
AUTO  sdl2                 using sdl2-config
AUTO  freetype             using freetype-config
AUTO  glew                 using pkg-config

notes:
saved configuration to 'config.lua'

[  1/168] [1] network_header > src/game/generated/protocol.h
[  2/168] [2] client_content_header > src/game/generated/client_data.h
[  3/168] [1] server_content_header > src/game/generated/server_data.h
[  4/168] [2] cmd5 src/game/generated/nethash.cpp
[  5/168] [1] c src/engine/external/zlib/crc32.c
[  6/168] [2] c src/engine/external/zlib/uncompr.c
[  7/168] [2] c src/engine/external/zlib/trees.c
[  8/168] [1] c src/engine/external/zlib/adler32.c
[  9/168] [1] c src/engine/external/zlib/deflate.c
[ 10/168] [2] c src/engine/external/zlib/inflate.c
[ 11/168] [1] c src/engine/external/zlib/inftrees.c
[ 12/168] [1] c src/engine/external/zlib/infback.c
[ 13/168] [2] c src/engine/external/zlib/inffast.c
[ 14/168] [1] c src/engine/external/zlib/compress.c
[ 15/168] [2] c src/engine/external/zlib/zutil.c
[ 16/168] [1] c++ src/game/generated/nethash.cpp
[ 17/168] [2] c++ src/game/gamecore.cpp
[ 18/168] [1] c++ src/game/layers.cpp
[ 19/168] [1] c++ src/game/localization.cpp
[ 20/168] [1] c++ src/game/pathfinding.cpp
[ 21/168] [2] c++ src/game/astar.cpp
[ 22/168] [2] c++ src/game/collision.cpp
[ 23/168] [1] c src/base/system.c
[ 24/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/engine.cpp
[ 25/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/mapchecker.cpp
[ 26/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/network_conn.cpp
[ 27/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/network_server.cpp
[ 28/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/network_client.cpp
[ 29/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/netban.cpp
[ 30/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/network_console_conn.cpp
[ 31/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/filecollection.cpp
[ 32/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/packer.cpp
[ 33/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/map.cpp
[ 34/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/console.cpp
[ 35/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/masterserver.cpp
[ 36/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/config.cpp
[ 37/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/network.cpp
[ 38/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/kernel.cpp
[ 39/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/storage.cpp
[ 40/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/network_console.cpp
[ 41/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/memheap.cpp
[ 42/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/datafile.cpp
[ 43/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/stream.cpp
[ 44/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/econ.cpp
[ 45/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/linereader.cpp
[ 46/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/snapshot.cpp
[ 47/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/ringbuffer.cpp
[ 48/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/jobs.cpp
[ 49/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/huffman.cpp
[ 50/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/compression.cpp
[ 51/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/demo.cpp
[ 52/168] [2] server_content_source > src/game/generated/server_data.cpp
[ 53/168] [2] network_source > src/game/generated/protocol.cpp
[ 54/168] [2] c++ src/game/generated/protocol.cpp
[ 55/168] [1] client_content_source > src/game/generated/client_data.cpp
[ 56/168] [2] c++ src/game/generated/server_data.cpp
[ 57/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp
[ 58/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/entities/superexplosion.cpp
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool IGameController::OnEntity(int, vec2)’:
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:487:14: warning: unused variable ‘pSawblade’ [-Wunused-variable]
   CBuilding *pSawblade = new CBuilding(&GameServer()->m_World, Pos, BUILDING_SAWBLADE, TEAM_NEUTRAL);
              ^
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:492:14: warning: unused variable ‘pSawblade’ [-Wunused-variable]
   CBuilding *pSawblade = new CBuilding(&GameServer()->m_World, Pos+vec2(0,6), BUILDING_MINE1, TEAM_NEUTRAL);
              ^
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:497:14: warning: unused variable ‘pSawblade’ [-Wunused-variable]
   CBuilding *pSawblade = new CBuilding(&GameServer()->m_World, Pos+vec2(0,6), BUILDING_MINE2, TEAM_NEUTRAL);
              ^
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:502:14: warning: unused variable ‘pSawblade’ [-Wunused-variable]
   CBuilding *pSawblade = new CBuilding(&GameServer()->m_World, Pos+vec2(0,-12), BUILDING_BARREL, TEAM_NEUTRAL);
              ^
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:507:14: warning: unused variable ‘pLazer’ [-Wunused-variable]
   CDeathray *pLazer = new CDeathray(&GameServer()->m_World, Pos+vec2(0, -20));
              ^
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:512:16: warning: unused variable ‘pLazer’ [-Wunused-variable]
   CPowerupper *pLazer = new CPowerupper(&GameServer()->m_World, Pos+vec2(0, 12));
                ^
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:530:13: warning: unused variable ‘pMonster’ [-Wunused-variable]
   CMonster *pMonster = new CMonster(&GameServer()->m_World, Pos+vec2(0, 16));
             ^
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void IGameController::OnPlayerInfoChange(CPlayer*)’:
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:783:12: warning: unused variable ‘aInfectedColor’ [-Wunused-variable]
  const int aInfectedColor = 0;
            ^
[ 59/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/entities/staticlaser.cpp
[ 60/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/entities/spinlaser.cpp
[ 61/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/entities/building.cpp
[ 62/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/entities/pickup.cpp
[ 63/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/entities/smokescreen.cpp
[ 64/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/entities/monster.cpp
[ 65/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/entities/turret.cpp
[ 66/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/entities/bomb.cpp
src/game/server/entities/turret.cpp: In member function ‘bool CTurret::FindTarget()’:
src/game/server/entities/turret.cpp:245:84: warning: suggest parentheses around ‘&&’ within ‘||’ [-Wparentheses]
   if (!pCharacter->IsAlive() || pCharacter->GetPlayer()->GetCID() == m_OwnerPlayer && !GameServer()->m_pController->IsTeamplay())
                                                                                    ^
[ 67/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/entities/flag.cpp
[ 68/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/entities/arrow.cpp
[ 69/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/entities/projectile.cpp
[ 70/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/entities/electro.cpp
[ 71/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/entities/deathray.cpp
[ 72/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/entities/character.cpp
[ 73/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/entities/lightning.cpp
[ 74/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/entities/powerupper.cpp
[ 75/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/entities/laser.cpp
[ 76/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/gamemodes/texasrun.cpp
[ 77/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/gamemodes/base.cpp
[ 78/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/gamemodes/dm.cpp
[ 79/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/gamemodes/ctf.cpp
[ 80/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/gamemodes/tdm.cpp
[ 81/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/gameworld.cpp
[ 82/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/eventhandler.cpp
[ 83/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/ai.cpp
[ 84/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp
src/game/server/ai.cpp: In member function ‘bool CAI::UpdateWaypoint()’:
src/game/server/ai.cpp:315:9: warning: variable ‘LastPos’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
    vec2 LastPos = m_Pos;
         ^
src/game/server/ai.cpp:316:19: warning: unused variable ‘Next’ [-Wunused-variable]
    CWaypointPath *Next = m_pPath;
                   ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp: In member function ‘bool CGameContext::AddBuilding(int, vec2)’:
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:197:61: warning: suggest parentheses around operand of ‘!’ or change ‘&’ to ‘&&’ or ‘!’ to ‘~’ [-Wparentheses]
  if (!Collision()->GetCollisionAt(Pos.x-24, Pos.y+24+OffsetY)&CCollision::COLFLAG_SOLID || 
                                                             ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:198:58: warning: suggest parentheses around operand of ‘!’ or change ‘&’ to ‘&&’ or ‘!’ to ‘~’ [-Wparentheses]
   !Collision()->GetCollisionAt(Pos.x+24, Pos.y+24+OffsetY)&CCollision::COLFLAG_SOLID)
                                                          ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:254:15: warning: unused variable ‘pBuilding’ [-Wunused-variable]
    CBuilding *pBuilding = new CBuilding(&m_World, Pos+vec2(0, -12+OffsetY), BUILDING_BARREL, TEAM_NEUTRAL);
               ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:260:15: warning: unused variable ‘pBuilding’ [-Wunused-variable]
    CBuilding *pBuilding = new CBuilding(&m_World, Pos+vec2(0, OffsetY), BUILDING_BASE, TEAM_NEUTRAL);
               ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp: In static member function ‘static void CGameContext::ConShuffleTeams(IConsole::IResult*, void*)’:
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:2161:6: warning: unused variable ‘CounterRed’ [-Wunused-variable]
  int CounterRed = 0;
      ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:2162:6: warning: unused variable ‘CounterBlue’ [-Wunused-variable]
  int CounterBlue = 0;
      ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp: In member function ‘int CGameContext::DistanceToHuman(vec2)’:
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:2747:7: warning: unused variable ‘Valid’ [-Wunused-variable]
  bool Valid = true;
       ^
In file included from src/game/server/gamecontroller.h:6:0,
                 from src/game/server/gamecontext.h:14,
                 from src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:10:
src/base/vmath.h: In member function ‘void CGameContext::CreateChainsawHit(int, int, vec2, vec2, CCharacter*, CBuilding*)’:
src/base/vmath.h:28:73: warning: ‘Dir.vector2_base<float>::<anonymous>.vector2_base<float>::<anonymous union>::x’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
  vector2_base operator *(const T v) const { return vector2_base(x*v, y*v); }
                                                                         ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:310:9: note: ‘Dir.vector2_base<float>::<anonymous>.vector2_base<float>::<anonymous union>::x’ was declared here
    vec2 Dir;
         ^
src/base/vmath.h:28:73: warning: ‘Dir.vector2_base<float>::<anonymous>.vector2_base<float>::<anonymous union>::y’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
                                                                         ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:310:9: note: ‘Dir.vector2_base<float>::<anonymous>.vector2_base<float>::<anonymous union>::y’ was declared here
    vec2 Dir;
         ^
src/base/vmath.h:28:73: warning: ‘Dir.vector2_base<float>::<anonymous>.vector2_base<float>::<anonymous union>::x’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
                                                                         ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:288:9: note: ‘Dir.vector2_base<float>::<anonymous>.vector2_base<float>::<anonymous union>::x’ was declared here
    vec2 Dir;
         ^
src/base/vmath.h:28:73: warning: ‘Dir.vector2_base<float>::<anonymous>.vector2_base<float>::<anonymous union>::y’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
                                                                         ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:288:9: note: ‘Dir.vector2_base<float>::<anonymous>.vector2_base<float>::<anonymous union>::y’ was declared here
    vec2 Dir;
         ^
[ 85/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/player.cpp
[ 86/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/entity.cpp
[ 87/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/ai/texas_ai.cpp
[ 88/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/ai/ctf_ai.cpp
[ 89/168] [1] c++ src/game/server/ai/tdm_ai.cpp
src/game/server/ai/ctf_ai.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void CAIctf::DoBehavior()’:
src/game/server/ai/ctf_ai.cpp:62:6: warning: unused variable ‘f’ [-Wunused-variable]
  int f = 1000+m_EnemiesInSight*100;
      ^
src/game/server/ai/ctf_ai.cpp:64:7: warning: variable ‘SeekEnemy’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  bool SeekEnemy = false;
       ^
[ 90/168] [2] c++ src/game/server/ai/dm_ai.cpp
[ 91/168] [1] c++ src/engine/server/server.cpp
src/engine/server/server.cpp: In member function ‘void CServer::ProcessClientPacket(CNetChunk*)’:
src/engine/server/server.cpp:889:27: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    if(Chunk < 0 || Offset > m_CurrentMapSize)
                           ^
src/engine/server/server.cpp:892:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    if(Offset+ChunkSize >= m_CurrentMapSize)
                        ^
[ 92/168] [2] c++ src/engine/server/register.cpp
[ 93/168] [2] c src/engine/external/json-parser/json.c
[ 94/168] [2] c src/engine/external/wavpack/float.c
[ 95/168] [2] c src/engine/external/wavpack/unpack.c
[ 96/168] [1] c src/engine/external/wavpack/metadata.c
[ 97/168] [1] c src/engine/external/wavpack/wputils.c
[ 98/168] [2] c src/engine/external/wavpack/bits.c
[ 99/168] [1] c src/engine/external/wavpack/words.c
[100/168] [2] c src/engine/external/pnglite/pnglite.c
[101/168] [1] c++ src/game/editor/auto_map.cpp
[102/168] [2] c++ src/game/editor/layer_tiles.cpp
[103/168] [2] c++ src/game/editor/layer_game.cpp
[104/168] [1] c++ src/game/editor/popups.cpp
[105/168] [2] c++ src/game/editor/layer_quads.cpp
[106/168] [2] c++ src/game/editor/editor.cpp
[107/168] [1] c++ src/game/editor/io.cpp
[108/168] [1] c++ src/engine/client/serverbrowser.cpp
[109/168] [1] c++ src/engine/client/glshader.cpp
[110/168] [2] c++ src/engine/client/input.cpp
[111/168] [2] c++ src/engine/client/friends.cpp
[112/168] [2] c++ src/engine/client/sound.cpp
[113/168] [2] c++ src/engine/client/client.cpp
[114/168] [1] c++ src/engine/client/text.cpp
src/engine/client/text.cpp: In member function ‘int CTextRender::RenderGlyph(CFont*, CFontSizeData*, int)’:
src/engine/client/text.cpp:329:19: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    for(py = 0; py < pBitmap->rows; py++) // ignore_convention
                   ^
src/engine/client/text.cpp:330:20: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
     for(px = 0; px < pBitmap->width; px++) // ignore_convention
                    ^
src/engine/client/text.cpp:335:19: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                   ^
src/engine/client/text.cpp:336:20: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                    ^
[115/168] [1] c++ src/engine/client/gamepad.cpp
[116/168] [2] c++ src/engine/client/graphics_threaded.cpp
[117/168] [1] c++ src/engine/client/backend_sdl.cpp
[118/168] [2] c++ src/game/generated/client_data.cpp
[119/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/render_map.cpp
[120/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/ui.cpp
[121/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/animdata.cpp
[122/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/gameclient.cpp
[123/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/spine.cpp
src/game/client/gameclient.cpp: In member function ‘void CGameClient::ProcessEvents()’:
src/game/client/gameclient.cpp:717:11: warning: unused variable ‘Angle’ [-Wunused-variable]
     float Angle = ev->m_Angle;
           ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp: In member function ‘bool CSpineReader::Load(const char*, array<CSpineBone>*, array<CSpineSlot>*, SkinMap*, std::map<string_base<allocator_default<char> >, CSpineAnimation>*)’:
src/game/client/spine.cpp:103:20: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
   for(int i = 0; i < rBones.u.array.length; i++)
                    ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:125:20: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
   for(int i = 0; i < rSlots.u.array.length; i++)
                    ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:144:20: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
   for(int i = 0; i < rSkins.u.object.length; i++)
                    ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:149:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    for(int j = 0; j < rSkin.u.object.length; j++)
                     ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:154:22: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
     for(int k = 0; k < rAttachments.u.object.length; k++)
                      ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:224:27: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
        for(int uv = 0; uv < rAttachment["uvs"].u.array.length; uv++)
                           ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:230:25: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
        for(int t = 0; t < rAttachment["triangles"].u.array.length; t++)
                         ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:236:25: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
        for(int v = 0; v < rAttachment["vertices"].u.array.length; v++)
                         ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:244:25: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
        for(int v = 0; v < rAttachment["edges"].u.array.length; v++)
                         ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:266:21: warning: unused variable ‘rEvents’ [-Wunused-variable]
   const json_value& rEvents = (*pJsonData)["events"];
                     ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:274:20: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
   for(int i = 0; i < rAnimations.u.object.length; i++)
                    ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:285:22: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
     for(int j = 0; j < rSlots.u.object.length; j++)
                      ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:296:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       for(int k = 0; k < rSlotAttachments.u.array.length; k++)
                        ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:317:22: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
     for(int j = 0; j < rBones.u.object.length; j++)
                      ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:328:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       for(int k = 0; k < rBoneTranslations.u.array.length; k++)
                        ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:351:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
         for(int l = 0; l < rCurve.u.array.length; l++)
                          ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:363:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       for(int k = 0; k < rBoneRotations.u.array.length; k++)
                        ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:386:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                          ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:399:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       for(int k = 0; k < rBoneScales.u.array.length; k++)
                        ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:423:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                          ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp: In member function ‘bool CSpineReader::LoadAtlas(const char*, CSpineAtlas*)’:
src/game/client/spine.cpp:612:17: warning: unused variable ‘pFilter’ [-Wunused-variable]
     const char *pFilter = pLine + str_length("rotate: ");
                 ^
[124/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/spark.cpp
[125/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/items.cpp
In file included from src/game/client/spine.cpp:5:0:
src/game/client/spine.h:301:7: warning: ‘Page.CSpineAtlasPage::Repeat’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
 class CSpineAtlasPage
       ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:504:20: note: ‘Page.CSpineAtlasPage::Repeat’ was declared here
    CSpineAtlasPage Page;
                    ^
[126/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/skins.cpp
[127/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/light.cpp
[128/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/sounds.cpp
[129/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/mapimages.cpp
[130/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/players.cpp
[131/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/controls.cpp
src/game/client/components/players.cpp: In member function ‘void CPlayers::RenderPlayer(const CNetObj_Character*, const CNetObj_Character*, const CNetObj_PlayerInfo*, const CNetObj_PlayerInfo*)’:
src/game/client/components/players.cpp:430:9: warning: variable ‘Recoil’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
   float Recoil = 0.0f;
         ^
src/game/client/components/players.cpp:269:15: warning: variable ‘s_LastGameTickTime’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  static float s_LastGameTickTime = Client()->GameTickTime();
               ^
src/game/client/components/players.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void CPlayers::OnRender()’:
src/game/client/components/players.cpp:989:8: warning: variable ‘TeamColor’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
   vec3 TeamColor = GetColorV3(aTeamColors[TEAM_RED]);
        ^
src/game/client/components/players.cpp:982:12: warning: unused variable ‘aTeamFeetColors’ [-Wunused-variable]
  const int aTeamFeetColors[2] = {65280, 10354432};
            ^
[132/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/nameplates.cpp
[133/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/scoreboard.cpp
[134/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/countryflags.cpp
[135/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/maplayers.cpp
[136/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/debughud.cpp
[137/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/menus_browser.cpp
[138/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/splatter.cpp
[139/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/spectator.cpp
[140/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/console.cpp
src/game/client/components/spectator.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void CSpectator::OnRender()’:
src/game/client/components/spectator.cpp:263:18: warning: variable ‘TeeInfo’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
   CTeeRenderInfo TeeInfo = m_pClient->m_aClients[i].m_RenderInfo;
                  ^
[141/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/menus_settings.cpp
[142/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/hud.cpp
src/game/client/components/hud.cpp: In member function ‘void CHud::RenderScoreHud()’:
src/game/client/components/hud.cpp:158:22: warning: variable ‘Info’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
       CTeeRenderInfo Info = m_pClient->m_aClients[ID].m_RenderInfo;
                      ^
[143/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/menus_demo.cpp
[144/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/particles.cpp
[145/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/damageind.cpp
[146/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/camera.cpp
[147/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/monsters.cpp
[148/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/chat.cpp
[149/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/menus.cpp
[150/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/motd.cpp
[151/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/menus_ingame.cpp
[152/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/flow.cpp
src/game/client/components/menus_ingame.cpp: In member function ‘void CMenus::RenderPlayers(CUIRect)’:
src/game/client/components/menus_ingame.cpp:179:18: warning: variable ‘Info’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
   CTeeRenderInfo Info = m_pClient->m_aClients[Index].m_RenderInfo;
                  ^
[153/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/effects.cpp
[154/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/killmessages.cpp
[155/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/picker.cpp
[156/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/buildings2.cpp
src/game/client/components/picker.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void CPicker::OnRender()’:
src/game/client/components/picker.cpp:617:11: warning: variable ‘Screen’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
   CUIRect Screen = *UI()->Screen();
           ^
[157/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/broadcast.cpp
[158/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/buildings.cpp
[159/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/voting.cpp
[160/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/components/blood.cpp
[161/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/components/binds.cpp
[162/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/skelebank.cpp
[163/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/customstuff.cpp
[164/168] [2] c++ src/game/client/render.cpp
[165/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/lineinput.cpp
[166/168] [1] c++ src/game/client/customstuff/playerinfo.cpp
src/game/client/render.cpp: In member function ‘void CRenderTools::RenderPortrait(CTeeRenderInfo*, vec2, int)’:
src/game/client/render.cpp:754:25: warning: variable ‘pSlotTimeline’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
     CSpineSlotTimeline *pSlotTimeline = 0x0;
                         ^
src/game/client/render.cpp: In member function ‘void CRenderTools::RenderMonster(vec2, float, int, int)’:
src/game/client/render.cpp:921:25: warning: variable ‘pSlotTimeline’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
                         ^
src/game/client/render.cpp: In member function ‘void CRenderTools::RenderPlayer(CPlayerInfo*, CTeeRenderInfo*, int, int, vec2, vec2)’:
src/game/client/render.cpp:1054:7: warning: variable ‘Direction’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  vec2 Direction = Dir;
       ^
src/game/client/render.cpp:1060:7: warning: variable ‘FeetOffset’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  vec2 FeetOffset = PlayerInfo->m_FeetOffset;
       ^
src/game/client/render.cpp: In member function ‘void CRenderTools::RenderSkeleton(vec2, CTeeRenderInfo*, CSkeletonAnimation*, float, CAnimSkeletonInfo*, CTextureAtlas*, CPlayerInfo*)’:
src/game/client/render.cpp:1231:25: warning: variable ‘pSlotTimeline’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
                         ^
src/game/client/render.cpp: In member function ‘void CRenderTools::RenderBuilding(vec2, CAnimSkeletonInfo*, CTextureAtlas*, int, int)’:
src/game/client/render.cpp:1558:25: warning: variable ‘pSlotTimeline’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
                         ^
[167/168] [1] link ninslash_srv
[168/168] [2] link ninslash
bam: done (0:55)

- And finally, the information given in the Terminal after executing the binary:

[james@James Ninslash-master]$ ./ninslash
[57dd6ea7][engine]: running on unix-linux-ia32
[57dd6ea7][engine]: arch is little endian
[57dd6ea7][storage]: added path '$USERDIR' ('/home/james/.ninslash')
[57dd6ea7][storage]: added path '$DATADIR' ('data')
[57dd6ea7][storage]: added path '$CURRENTDIR' ('/home/james/Escritorio/Ninslash-master')
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound f1 (58) = toggle_local_console
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound f2 (59) = toggle_remote_console
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound tab (43) = +scoreboard
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound u (24) = +show_chat
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound f10 (67) = screenshot
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound s (22) = +down
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound a (4) = +left
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound d (7) = +right
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound space (44) = +jump
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound mouse1 (285) = +fire
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound mouse2 (286) = +turbo
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound e (8) = +picker
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound q (20) = +lastweapon
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound mouse3 (287) = +switch
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound f (9) = +dropweapon
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound lshift (225) = +emote
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound rshift (229) = +spectate
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound right (79) = spectate_next
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound left (80) = spectate_previous
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound &301 (301) = +gamepadjump
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound &302 (302) = +gamepadleft
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound &303 (303) = +gamepadright
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound &311 (311) = +gamepadfire
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound &310 (310) = +gamepadturbo
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound &312 (312) = +gamepadpicker
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound &308 (308) = +gamepadweapon1
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound &309 (309) = +gamepadweapon2
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound &299 (299) = +gamepadscoreboard
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound 1 (30) = +weapon1
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound 2 (31) = +weapon2
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound 3 (32) = +weapon3
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound 4 (33) = +weapon4
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound 5 (34) = +weapon5
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound mousewheelup (293) = +prevweapon
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound mousewheeldown (294) = +nextweapon
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound t (23) = chat all
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound y (28) = chat team
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound f3 (60) = vote yes
[57dd6ea7][binds]: bound f4 (61) = vote no
[57dd6ea7][console]: failed to open 'settings.cfg'
[57dd6ea7][console]: failed to open 'autoexec.cfg'
[57dd6ea7][client]: starting...
[57dd6ea7][gfx]: shaders ok!
[57dd6ea7][client/sound]: sound init successful
[57dd6ea7][engine/mastersrv]: refreshing master server addresses
[57dd6ea7][textrender]: loaded pFont from 'data/fonts/DejaVuSans.ttf'
[57dd6ea7][textrender]: default pFont set 0xa1d2f01c
[57dd6ea7][]: pFont memory usage: 2097152
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[james@James Ninslash-master]$ 

James_Trj wrote:

I would like to play this game (it looks great!), but after compiling it in Ubuntu 16.04 and executing the resulting binary, the game seems to start normally but then it crash.

- These are my pc details:

Thanks, I've been hunting for this crash for a while.

@Siile Is this enough info for you to fix it? Don't you need, like, a backtrace or something?

@James_Trj  could you please run these commands

bam
gdb ninslash_d
run   (inside gdb shell)

Then, when it crashes

bt

And copy here the output

pelya wrote:

@Siile Is this enough info for you to fix it? Don't you need, like, a backtrace or something?

@James_Trj  could you please run these commands

bam
gdb ninslash_d
run   (inside gdb shell)

Then, when it crashes

bt

And copy here the output

Here you have the output:

[james@James Ninslash-master]$ bam
[  1/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/demo.cpp
[  2/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/compression.cpp
[  3/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/huffman.cpp
[  4/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/jobs.cpp
[  5/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/ringbuffer.cpp
[  6/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/snapshot.cpp
[  7/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/linereader.cpp
[  8/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/econ.cpp
[  9/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/stream.cpp
[ 10/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/datafile.cpp
[ 11/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/memheap.cpp
[ 12/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/network_console.cpp
[ 13/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/storage.cpp
[ 14/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/kernel.cpp
[ 15/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/network.cpp
[ 16/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/config.cpp
[ 17/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/masterserver.cpp
[ 18/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/console.cpp
[ 19/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/map.cpp
[ 20/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/packer.cpp
[ 21/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/filecollection.cpp
[ 22/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/network_console_conn.cpp
[ 23/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/netban.cpp
[ 24/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/network_client.cpp
[ 25/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/network_server.cpp
[ 26/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/network_conn.cpp
[ 27/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/mapchecker.cpp
[ 28/161] #1 c++ src/engine/shared/engine.cpp
[ 29/161] #1 c src/base/system.c
[ 30/161] #1 c++ src/engine/server/register.cpp
[ 31/161] #1 c++ src/engine/server/server.cpp
src/engine/server/server.cpp: In member function ‘void CServer::ProcessClientPacket(CNetChunk*)’:
src/engine/server/server.cpp:889:27: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    if(Chunk < 0 || Offset > m_CurrentMapSize)
                           ^
src/engine/server/server.cpp:892:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    if(Offset+ChunkSize >= m_CurrentMapSize)
                        ^
[ 32/161] #1 c++ src/game/collision.cpp
[ 33/161] #1 c++ src/game/astar.cpp
[ 34/161] #1 c++ src/game/pathfinding.cpp
[ 35/161] #1 c++ src/game/localization.cpp
[ 36/161] #1 c++ src/game/layers.cpp
[ 37/161] #1 c++ src/game/gamecore.cpp
[ 38/161] #1 c++ src/game/generated/nethash.cpp
[ 39/161] #1 c++ src/game/generated/protocol.cpp
[ 40/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/ai/dm_ai.cpp
[ 41/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/ai/tdm_ai.cpp
[ 42/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/ai/ctf_ai.cpp
src/game/server/ai/ctf_ai.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void CAIctf::DoBehavior()’:
src/game/server/ai/ctf_ai.cpp:62:6: warning: unused variable ‘f’ [-Wunused-variable]
  int f = 1000+m_EnemiesInSight*100;
      ^
src/game/server/ai/ctf_ai.cpp:64:7: warning: variable ‘SeekEnemy’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  bool SeekEnemy = false;
       ^
[ 43/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/ai/texas_ai.cpp
[ 44/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entity.cpp
[ 45/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/player.cpp
[ 46/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp: In member function ‘bool CGameContext::AddBuilding(int, vec2)’:
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:197:61: warning: suggest parentheses around operand of ‘!’ or change ‘&’ to ‘&&’ or ‘!’ to ‘~’ [-Wparentheses]
  if (!Collision()->GetCollisionAt(Pos.x-24, Pos.y+24+OffsetY)&CCollision::COLFL
                                                             ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:198:58: warning: suggest parentheses around operand of ‘!’ or change ‘&’ to ‘&&’ or ‘!’ to ‘~’ [-Wparentheses]
   !Collision()->GetCollisionAt(Pos.x+24, Pos.y+24+OffsetY)&CCollision::COLFLAG_
                                                          ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:254:15: warning: unused variable ‘pBuilding’ [-Wunused-variable]
    CBuilding *pBuilding = new CBuilding(&m_World, Pos+vec2(0, -12+OffsetY), BUI
               ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:260:15: warning: unused variable ‘pBuilding’ [-Wunused-variable]
    CBuilding *pBuilding = new CBuilding(&m_World, Pos+vec2(0, OffsetY), BUILDIN
               ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp: In static member function ‘static void CGameContext::ConShuffleTeams(IConsole::IResult*, void*)’:
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:2161:6: warning: unused variable ‘CounterRed’ [-Wunused-variable]
  int CounterRed = 0;
      ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:2162:6: warning: unused variable ‘CounterBlue’ [-Wunused-variable]
  int CounterBlue = 0;
      ^
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp: In member function ‘int CGameContext::DistanceToHuman(vec2)’:
src/game/server/gamecontext.cpp:2747:7: warning: unused variable ‘Valid’ [-Wunused-variable]
  bool Valid = true;
       ^
[ 47/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/ai.cpp
src/game/server/ai.cpp: In member function ‘bool CAI::UpdateWaypoint()’:
src/game/server/ai.cpp:315:9: warning: variable ‘LastPos’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
    vec2 LastPos = m_Pos;
         ^
src/game/server/ai.cpp:316:19: warning: unused variable ‘Next’ [-Wunused-variable]
    CWaypointPath *Next = m_pPath;
                   ^
[ 48/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/eventhandler.cpp
[ 49/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/gameworld.cpp
[ 50/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/gamemodes/tdm.cpp
[ 51/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/gamemodes/ctf.cpp
[ 52/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/gamemodes/dm.cpp
[ 53/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/gamemodes/base.cpp
[ 54/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/gamemodes/texasrun.cpp
[ 55/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/laser.cpp
[ 56/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/powerupper.cpp
[ 57/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/lightning.cpp
[ 58/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/character.cpp
[ 59/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/deathray.cpp
[ 60/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/electro.cpp
[ 61/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/projectile.cpp
[ 62/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/arrow.cpp
[ 63/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/flag.cpp
[ 64/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/bomb.cpp
[ 65/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/turret.cpp
src/game/server/entities/turret.cpp: In member function ‘bool CTurret::FindTarget()’:
src/game/server/entities/turret.cpp:245:84: warning: suggest parentheses around ‘&&’ within ‘||’ [-Wparentheses]
 er->IsAlive() || pCharacter->GetPlayer()->GetCID() == m_OwnerPlayer && !GameSer
                                                                     ^
[ 66/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/monster.cpp
[ 67/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/smokescreen.cpp
[ 68/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/pickup.cpp
[ 69/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/building.cpp
[ 70/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/spinlaser.cpp
[ 71/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/staticlaser.cpp
[ 72/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/entities/superexplosion.cpp
[ 73/161] #1 c++ src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool IGameController::OnEntity(int, vec2)’:
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:487:14: warning: unused variable ‘pSawblade’ [-Wunused-variable]
   CBuilding *pSawblade = new CBuilding(&GameServer()->m_World, Pos, BUILDING_SA
              ^
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:492:14: warning: unused variable ‘pSawblade’ [-Wunused-variable]
   CBuilding *pSawblade = new CBuilding(&GameServer()->m_World, Pos+vec2(0,6), B
              ^
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:497:14: warning: unused variable ‘pSawblade’ [-Wunused-variable]
   CBuilding *pSawblade = new CBuilding(&GameServer()->m_World, Pos+vec2(0,6), B
              ^
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:502:14: warning: unused variable ‘pSawblade’ [-Wunused-variable]
   CBuilding *pSawblade = new CBuilding(&GameServer()->m_World, Pos+vec2(0,-12),
              ^
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:507:14: warning: unused variable ‘pLazer’ [-Wunused-variable]
   CDeathray *pLazer = new CDeathray(&GameServer()->m_World, Pos+vec2(0, -20));
              ^
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:512:16: warning: unused variable ‘pLazer’ [-Wunused-variable]
   CPowerupper *pLazer = new CPowerupper(&GameServer()->m_World, Pos+vec2(0, 12)
                ^
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:530:13: warning: unused variable ‘pMonster’ [-Wunused-variable]
   CMonster *pMonster = new CMonster(&GameServer()->m_World, Pos+vec2(0, 16));
             ^
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void IGameController::OnPlayerInfoChange(CPlayer*)’:
src/game/server/gamecontroller.cpp:783:12: warning: unused variable ‘aInfectedColor’ [-Wunused-variable]
  const int aInfectedColor = 0;
            ^
[ 74/161] #1 c++ src/game/generated/server_data.cpp
[ 75/161] #1 c src/engine/external/zlib/zutil.c
[ 76/161] #1 c src/engine/external/zlib/compress.c
[ 77/161] #1 c src/engine/external/zlib/inffast.c
[ 78/161] #1 c src/engine/external/zlib/infback.c
[ 79/161] #1 c src/engine/external/zlib/inftrees.c
[ 80/161] #1 c src/engine/external/zlib/inflate.c
[ 81/161] #1 c src/engine/external/zlib/deflate.c
[ 82/161] #1 c src/engine/external/zlib/adler32.c
[ 83/161] #1 c src/engine/external/zlib/trees.c
[ 84/161] #1 c src/engine/external/zlib/uncompr.c
[ 85/161] #1 c src/engine/external/zlib/crc32.c
[ 86/161] #1 link ninslash_srv_d
[ 87/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/customstuff/playerinfo.cpp
[ 88/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/lineinput.cpp
[ 89/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/render.cpp
src/game/client/render.cpp: In member function ‘void CRenderTools::RenderPortrait(CTeeRenderInfo*, vec2, int)’:
src/game/client/render.cpp:754:25: warning: variable ‘pSlotTimeline’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
                         ^
src/game/client/render.cpp: In member function ‘void CRenderTools::RenderMonster(vec2, float, int, int)’:
src/game/client/render.cpp:921:25: warning: variable ‘pSlotTimeline’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
                         ^
src/game/client/render.cpp: In member function ‘void CRenderTools::RenderPlayer(CPlayerInfo*, CTeeRenderInfo*, int, int, vec2, vec2)’:
src/game/client/render.cpp:1054:7: warning: variable ‘Direction’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  vec2 Direction = Dir;
       ^
src/game/client/render.cpp:1060:7: warning: variable ‘FeetOffset’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  vec2 FeetOffset = PlayerInfo->m_FeetOffset;
       ^
src/game/client/render.cpp: In member function ‘void CRenderTools::RenderSkeleton(vec2, CTeeRenderInfo*, CSkeletonAnimation*, float, CAnimSkeletonInfo*, CTextureAtlas*, CPlayerInfo*)’:
src/game/client/render.cpp:1231:25: warning: variable ‘pSlotTimeline’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
                         ^
src/game/client/render.cpp: In member function ‘void CRenderTools::RenderBuilding(vec2, CAnimSkeletonInfo*, CTextureAtlas*, int, int)’:
src/game/client/render.cpp:1558:25: warning: variable ‘pSlotTimeline’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
                         ^
[ 90/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/customstuff.cpp
[ 91/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/skelebank.cpp
[ 92/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/binds.cpp
[ 93/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/blood.cpp
[ 94/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/voting.cpp
[ 95/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/buildings.cpp
[ 96/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/broadcast.cpp
[ 97/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/buildings2.cpp
[ 98/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/picker.cpp
src/game/client/components/picker.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void CPicker::OnRender()’:
src/game/client/components/picker.cpp:617:11: warning: variable ‘Screen’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
   CUIRect Screen = *UI()->Screen();
           ^
[ 99/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/killmessages.cpp
[100/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/effects.cpp
[101/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/flow.cpp
[102/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/menus_ingame.cpp
src/game/client/components/menus_ingame.cpp: In member function ‘void CMenus::RenderPlayers(CUIRect)’:
src/game/client/components/menus_ingame.cpp:179:18: warning: variable ‘Info’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
   CTeeRenderInfo Info = m_pClient->m_aClients[Index].m_RenderInfo;
                  ^
[103/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/motd.cpp
[104/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/menus.cpp
[105/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/chat.cpp
[106/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/monsters.cpp
[107/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/camera.cpp
[108/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/damageind.cpp
[109/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/particles.cpp
[110/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/menus_demo.cpp
[111/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/hud.cpp
src/game/client/components/hud.cpp: In member function ‘void CHud::RenderScoreHud()’:
src/game/client/components/hud.cpp:158:22: warning: variable ‘Info’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
       CTeeRenderInfo Info = m_pClient->m_aClients[ID].m_RenderInfo;
                      ^
[112/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/menus_settings.cpp
[113/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/console.cpp
[114/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/spectator.cpp
src/game/client/components/spectator.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void CSpectator::OnRender()’:
src/game/client/components/spectator.cpp:263:18: warning: variable ‘TeeInfo’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
   CTeeRenderInfo TeeInfo = m_pClient->m_aClients[i].m_RenderInfo;
                  ^
[115/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/splatter.cpp
[116/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/menus_browser.cpp
[117/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/debughud.cpp
[118/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/maplayers.cpp
[119/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/countryflags.cpp
[120/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/scoreboard.cpp
[121/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/nameplates.cpp
[122/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/controls.cpp
[123/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/players.cpp
src/game/client/components/players.cpp: In member function ‘void CPlayers::RenderPlayer(const CNetObj_Character*, const CNetObj_Character*, const CNetObj_PlayerInfo*, const CNetObj_PlayerInfo*)’:
src/game/client/components/players.cpp:430:9: warning: variable ‘Recoil’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
   float Recoil = 0.0f;
         ^
src/game/client/components/players.cpp:269:15: warning: variable ‘s_LastGameTickTime’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  static float s_LastGameTickTime = Client()->GameTickTime();
               ^
src/game/client/components/players.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void CPlayers::OnRender()’:
src/game/client/components/players.cpp:989:8: warning: variable ‘TeamColor’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
   vec3 TeamColor = GetColorV3(aTeamColors[TEAM_RED]);
        ^
src/game/client/components/players.cpp:982:12: warning: unused variable ‘aTeamFeetColors’ [-Wunused-variable]
  const int aTeamFeetColors[2] = {65280, 10354432};
            ^
[124/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/mapimages.cpp
[125/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/sounds.cpp
[126/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/light.cpp
[127/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/skins.cpp
[128/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/items.cpp
[129/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/components/spark.cpp
[130/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/spine.cpp
src/game/client/spine.cpp: In member function ‘bool CSpineReader::Load(const char*, array<CSpineBone>*, array<CSpineSlot>*, SkinMap*, std::map<string_base<allocator_default<char> >, CSpineAnimation>*)’:
src/game/client/spine.cpp:103:20: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
   for(int i = 0; i < rBones.u.array.length; i++)
                    ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:125:20: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
   for(int i = 0; i < rSlots.u.array.length; i++)
                    ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:144:20: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
   for(int i = 0; i < rSkins.u.object.length; i++)
                    ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:149:21: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    for(int j = 0; j < rSkin.u.object.length; j++)
                     ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:154:22: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
     for(int k = 0; k < rAttachments.u.object.length; k++)
                      ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:224:27: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
        for(int uv = 0; uv < rAttachment["uvs"].u.array.length; uv++)
                           ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:230:25: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
        for(int t = 0; t < rAttachment["triangles"].u.array.length; t++)
                         ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:236:25: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
        for(int v = 0; v < rAttachment["vertices"].u.array.length; v++)
                         ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:244:25: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
        for(int v = 0; v < rAttachment["edges"].u.array.length; v++)
                         ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:266:21: warning: unused variable ‘rEvents’ [-Wunused-variable]
   const json_value& rEvents = (*pJsonData)["events"];
                     ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:274:20: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
   for(int i = 0; i < rAnimations.u.object.length; i++)
                    ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:285:22: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
     for(int j = 0; j < rSlots.u.object.length; j++)
                      ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:296:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       for(int k = 0; k < rSlotAttachments.u.array.length; k++)
                        ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:317:22: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
     for(int j = 0; j < rBones.u.object.length; j++)
                      ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:328:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       for(int k = 0; k < rBoneTranslations.u.array.length; k++)
                        ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:351:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                          ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:363:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       for(int k = 0; k < rBoneRotations.u.array.length; k++)
                        ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:386:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                          ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:399:24: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
       for(int k = 0; k < rBoneScales.u.array.length; k++)
                        ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp:423:26: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                          ^
src/game/client/spine.cpp: In member function ‘bool CSpineReader::LoadAtlas(const char*, CSpineAtlas*)’:
src/game/client/spine.cpp:612:17: warning: unused variable ‘pFilter’ [-Wunused-variable]
     const char *pFilter = pLine + str_length("rotate: ");
                 ^
[131/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/gameclient.cpp
src/game/client/gameclient.cpp: In member function ‘void CGameClient::ProcessEvents()’:
src/game/client/gameclient.cpp:717:11: warning: unused variable ‘Angle’ [-Wunused-variable]
     float Angle = ev->m_Angle;
           ^
[132/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/animdata.cpp
[133/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/ui.cpp
[134/161] #1 c++ src/game/client/render_map.cpp
[135/161] #1 c++ src/game/generated/client_data.cpp
[136/161] #1 c++ src/engine/client/backend_sdl.cpp
[137/161] #1 c++ src/engine/client/graphics_threaded.cpp
[138/161] #1 c++ src/engine/client/gamepad.cpp
[139/161] #1 c++ src/engine/client/text.cpp
src/engine/client/text.cpp: In member function ‘int CTextRender::RenderGlyph(CFont*, CFontSizeData*, int)’:
src/engine/client/text.cpp:329:19: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                   ^
src/engine/client/text.cpp:330:20: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                    ^
src/engine/client/text.cpp:335:19: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                   ^
src/engine/client/text.cpp:336:20: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
                    ^
[140/161] #1 c++ src/engine/client/client.cpp
[141/161] #1 c++ src/engine/client/sound.cpp
[142/161] #1 c++ src/engine/client/friends.cpp
[143/161] #1 c++ src/engine/client/input.cpp
[144/161] #1 c++ src/engine/client/glshader.cpp
[145/161] #1 c++ src/engine/client/serverbrowser.cpp
[146/161] #1 c++ src/game/editor/io.cpp
[147/161] #1 c++ src/game/editor/editor.cpp
[148/161] #1 c++ src/game/editor/layer_quads.cpp
[149/161] #1 c++ src/game/editor/popups.cpp
[150/161] #1 c++ src/game/editor/layer_game.cpp
[151/161] #1 c++ src/game/editor/layer_tiles.cpp
[152/161] #1 c++ src/game/editor/auto_map.cpp
[153/161] #1 c src/engine/external/pnglite/pnglite.c
[154/161] #1 c src/engine/external/wavpack/words.c
[155/161] #1 c src/engine/external/wavpack/bits.c
[156/161] #1 c src/engine/external/wavpack/wputils.c
[157/161] #1 c src/engine/external/wavpack/metadata.c
[158/161] #1 c src/engine/external/wavpack/unpack.c
[159/161] #1 c src/engine/external/wavpack/float.c
[160/161] #1 c src/engine/external/json-parser/json.c
[161/161] #1 link ninslash_d
bam: done (0:52)
[james@James Ninslash-master]$ gdb ninslash_d
GNU gdb (Ubuntu 7.11.1-0ubuntu1~16.04) 7.11.1
Copyright (C) 2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-linux-gnu".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
Para las instrucciones de informe de errores, vea:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Leyendo símbolos desde ninslash_d...hecho.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/james/Escritorio/Ninslash-master/ninslash_d 
[Depuración de hilo usando libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
[57ddb492][engine]: running on unix-linux-ia32
[57ddb492][engine]: arch is little endian
[Nuevo Thread 0xb6d38b40 (LWP 3730)]
[57ddb492][storage]: added path '$USERDIR' ('/home/james/.ninslash')
[57ddb492][storage]: added path '$DATADIR' ('data')
[57ddb492][storage]: added path '$CURRENTDIR' ('/home/james/Escritorio/Ninslash-master')
[57ddb492][binds]: bound f1 (58) = toggle_local_console
[57ddb492][binds]: bound f2 (59) = toggle_remote_console
[57ddb492][binds]: bound tab (43) = +scoreboard
[57ddb492][binds]: bound u (24) = +show_chat
[57ddb492][binds]: bound f10 (67) = screenshot
[57ddb492][binds]: bound s (22) = +down
[57ddb492][binds]: bound a (4) = +left
[57ddb492][binds]: bound d (7) = +right
[57ddb492][binds]: bound space (44) = +jump
[57ddb492][binds]: bound mouse1 (285) = +fire
[57ddb492][binds]: bound mouse2 (286) = +turbo
[57ddb492][binds]: bound e (8) = +picker
[57ddb492][binds]: bound q (20) = +lastweapon
[57ddb492][binds]: bound mouse3 (287) = +switch
[57ddb492][binds]: bound f (9) = +dropweapon
[57ddb492][binds]: bound lshift (225) = +emote
[57ddb492][binds]: bound rshift (229) = +spectate
[57ddb492][binds]: bound right (79) = spectate_next
[57ddb492][binds]: bound left (80) = spectate_previous
[57ddb492][binds]: bound &301 (301) = +gamepadjump
[57ddb492][binds]: bound &302 (302) = +gamepadleft
[57ddb492][binds]: bound &303 (303) = +gamepadright
[57ddb492][binds]: bound &311 (311) = +gamepadfire
[57ddb492][binds]: bound &310 (310) = +gamepadturbo
[57ddb492][binds]: bound &312 (312) = +gamepadpicker
[57ddb492][binds]: bound &308 (308) = +gamepadweapon1
[57ddb492][binds]: bound &309 (309) = +gamepadweapon2
[57ddb492][binds]: bound &299 (299) = +gamepadscoreboard
[57ddb492][binds]: bound 1 (30) = +weapon1
[57ddb492][binds]: bound 2 (31) = +weapon2
[57ddb492][binds]: bound 3 (32) = +weapon3
[57ddb492][binds]: bound 4 (33) = +weapon4
[57ddb492][binds]: bound 5 (34) = +weapon5
[57ddb492][binds]: bound mousewheelup (293) = +prevweapon
[57ddb492][binds]: bound mousewheeldown (294) = +nextweapon
[57ddb492][binds]: bound t (23) = chat all
[57ddb492][binds]: bound y (28) = chat team
[57ddb492][binds]: bound f3 (60) = vote yes
[57ddb492][binds]: bound f4 (61) = vote no
[57ddb492][console]: failed to open 'settings.cfg'
[57ddb492][console]: failed to open 'autoexec.cfg'
[57ddb492][client]: starting...
[Nuevo Thread 0xb4a46b40 (LWP 3731)]
[57ddb492][gfx]: shaders ok!
[Nuevo Thread 0xabcfbb40 (LWP 3733)]
[Nuevo Thread 0xa32fdb40 (LWP 3734)]
[57ddb492][client/sound]: sound init successful
[57ddb492][engine/mastersrv]: refreshing master server addresses
[57ddb492][textrender]: loaded pFont from 'data/fonts/DejaVuSans.ttf'
[57ddb492][textrender]: default pFont set 0xa262f01c
[57ddb492][]: pFont memory usage: 2097152

Thread 3 "ninslash_d" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Cambiando a Thread 0xb4a46b40 (LWP 3731)]
0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000000 in ?? ()
#1  0x0812729f in LoadShader (vertex_path=0x8177aec "data/shaders/basic.vert", 
    fragment_path=0x8177ad1 "data/shaders/electric.frag")
    at src/engine/client/glshader.cpp:36
#2  0x08111c6c in CCommandProcessorFragment_OpenGL::Cmd_LoadShaders (
    this=0x874100c, pCommand=0x8749210)
    at src/engine/client/backend_sdl.cpp:403
#3  0x08112540 in CCommandProcessorFragment_OpenGL::RunCommand (
    this=0x874100c, pBaseCommand=0x8749210)
    at src/engine/client/backend_sdl.cpp:563
#4  0x08112afb in CCommandProcessor_SDL_OpenGL::RunBuffer (this=0x8741008, 
    pBuffer=0x8574c98) at src/engine/client/backend_sdl.cpp:712
#5  0x08110d7d in CGraphicsBackend_Threaded::ThreadFunc (pUser=0x8546ed0)
    at src/engine/client/backend_sdl.cpp:33
#6  0xb7fa62b5 in start_thread (arg=0xb4a46b40) at pthread_create.c:333
#7  0xb79b516e in clone () at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/clone.S:114
(gdb) 

Wait we have clear back traces I teeworlds? Wow, I'm impressed girls wink

@james thanks for the output, it helps a lot. I know, better too much input than too less, but in that case the hunt was for the backtrace (bt) which gives you a reference to the code which produces the crash tongue

And @everyone, there are enough targets that let you build only required stuff. bam game would be enough (or is it game_debug VS game_release?)

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

@James_Trj I added a bit more logging to client. Can you build & run again?

Blood is also updated in next version (or current in GitHub). Needs ground blood check box enabled in settings -> custom.

Max blood looks something like this:
http://ninslash.com/fluids.png

@Siile that looks like your shaders cannot be loaded, possibly because of old gfx drivers, or maybe because you did not specify GLSL version in your shader code.

Intel G33 supports OpenGL 1.4 and GLSL 2.0.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ … 05524.html

@Siile there is an error while compiling the lastest sources on GitHub (19/09/16 7:00 PM), here is the code:

In step 43/168: (and 46/168 I think)

james@James Ninslash-master]$ sudo ~/Escritorio/bam-0.5.0/bam game_release
[  1/168] [2] network_header > src/game/generated/protocol.h
[  2/168] [1] client_content_header > src/game/generated/client_data.h
[  3/168] [2] server_content_header > src/game/generated/server_data.h
[  4/168] [1] cmd5 src/game/generated/nethash.cpp
[  5/168] [2] c src/engine/external/zlib/crc32.c
[  6/168] [2] c src/engine/external/zlib/uncompr.c
[  7/168] [2] c src/engine/external/zlib/trees.c
[  8/168] [1] c src/engine/external/zlib/adler32.c
[  9/168] [1] c src/engine/external/zlib/deflate.c
[ 10/168] [2] c src/engine/external/zlib/inflate.c
[ 11/168] [1] c src/engine/external/zlib/inftrees.c
[ 12/168] [1] c src/engine/external/zlib/infback.c
[ 13/168] [2] c src/engine/external/zlib/inffast.c
[ 14/168] [1] c src/engine/external/zlib/compress.c
[ 15/168] [2] c src/engine/external/zlib/zutil.c
[ 16/168] [1] c++ src/game/generated/nethash.cpp
[ 17/168] [1] c++ src/game/gamecore.cpp
[ 18/168] [2] c++ src/game/layers.cpp
[ 19/168] [2] c++ src/game/localization.cpp
[ 20/168] [2] c++ src/game/pathfinding.cpp
[ 21/168] [1] c++ src/game/astar.cpp
[ 22/168] [2] c++ src/game/collision.cpp
[ 23/168] [1] c src/base/system.c
[ 24/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/engine.cpp
[ 25/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/mapchecker.cpp
[ 26/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/network_conn.cpp
[ 27/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/network_server.cpp
[ 28/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/network_client.cpp
[ 29/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/netban.cpp
[ 30/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/network_console_conn.cpp
[ 31/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/filecollection.cpp
[ 32/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/packer.cpp
[ 33/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/map.cpp
[ 34/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/console.cpp
[ 35/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/masterserver.cpp
[ 36/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/config.cpp
[ 37/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/network.cpp
[ 38/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/kernel.cpp
[ 39/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/storage.cpp
[ 40/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/network_console.cpp
[ 41/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/memheap.cpp
[ 42/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/datafile.cpp
src/engine/shared/datafile.cpp: In member function ‘int CDataFileWriter::Finish()’:
src/engine/shared/datafile.cpp:562:112: error: format ‘%lu’ expects argument of type ‘long unsigned int’, but argument 5 has type ‘unsigned int’ [-Werror=format=]
 (%lu)", i, m_pItems[i].m_Size, m_pItems[i].m_Size+sizeof(CDatafileItem));
                                                                        ^
[ 43/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/stream.cpp
[ 44/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/econ.cpp
[ 45/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/linereader.cpp
[ 46/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/snapshot.cpp
cc1plus: some warnings being treated as errors
bam: 'c++ src/engine/shared/datafile.cpp' error 256
[ 47/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/ringbuffer.cpp
[ 48/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/jobs.cpp
[ 49/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/huffman.cpp
[ 50/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/compression.cpp

bam: error: a build step failed

72 (edited by Siile 2016-09-20 14:41:23)

James_Trj wrote:

@Siile there is an error while compiling the lastest sources on GitHub (19/09/16 7:00 PM), here is the code:

In step 43/168: (and 46/168 I think)

[ 42/168] [2] c++ src/engine/shared/datafile.cpp
src/engine/shared/datafile.cpp: In member function ‘int CDataFileWriter::Finish()’:
src/engine/shared/datafile.cpp:562:112: error: format ‘%lu’ expects argument of type ‘long unsigned int’, but argument 5 has type ‘unsigned int’ [-Werror=format=]
 (%lu)", i, m_pItems[i].m_Size, m_pItems[i].m_Size+sizeof(CDatafileItem));
                                                                        ^
[ 43/168] [1] c++ src/engine/shared/stream.cpp

bam: error: a build step failed

Thanks for reporting! Pelya, can you have a look? Related to this commit: https://github.com/Siile/Ninslash/commi … a223cda06d

edit. Circleci & windows build works fine..

Sorry about that error, here's the fix.

pelya wrote:

Sorry about that error, here's the fix.

Thanks for replying! Here is the given output after running the binary of the fixed compilation:

[james@James Ninslash-compilation-fix]$ gdb ninslash_d
GNU gdb (Ubuntu 7.11.1-0ubuntu1~16.04) 7.11.1
Copyright (C) 2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-linux-gnu".
Type "show configuration" for configuration details.
Para las instrucciones de informe de errores, vea:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>.
Find the GDB manual and other documentation resources online at:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Leyendo símbolos desde ninslash_d...hecho.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/james/Escritorio/Ninslash-compilation-fix/ninslash_d 
[Depuración de hilo usando libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".
[57e17529][engine]: running on unix-linux-ia32
[57e17529][engine]: arch is little endian
[Nuevo Thread 0xb6d38b40 (LWP 25561)]
[57e17529][storage]: added path '$USERDIR' ('/home/james/.ninslash')
[57e17529][storage]: added path '$DATADIR' ('data')
[57e17529][storage]: added path '$CURRENTDIR' ('/home/james/Escritorio/Ninslash-compilation-fix')
[57e17529][binds]: bound f1 (58) = toggle_local_console
[57e17529][binds]: bound f2 (59) = toggle_remote_console
[57e17529][binds]: bound tab (43) = +scoreboard
[57e17529][binds]: bound u (24) = +show_chat
[57e17529][binds]: bound f10 (67) = screenshot
[57e17529][binds]: bound s (22) = +down
[57e17529][binds]: bound a (4) = +left
[57e17529][binds]: bound d (7) = +right
[57e17529][binds]: bound space (44) = +jump
[57e17529][binds]: bound mouse1 (285) = +fire
[57e17529][binds]: bound mouse2 (286) = +turbo
[57e17529][binds]: bound e (8) = +picker
[57e17529][binds]: bound q (20) = +lastweapon
[57e17529][binds]: bound mouse3 (287) = +switch
[57e17529][binds]: bound f (9) = +dropweapon
[57e17529][binds]: bound lshift (225) = +emote
[57e17529][binds]: bound rshift (229) = +spectate
[57e17529][binds]: bound right (79) = spectate_next
[57e17529][binds]: bound left (80) = spectate_previous
[57e17529][binds]: bound &301 (301) = +gamepadjump
[57e17529][binds]: bound &302 (302) = +gamepadleft
[57e17529][binds]: bound &303 (303) = +gamepadright
[57e17529][binds]: bound &311 (311) = +gamepadfire
[57e17529][binds]: bound &310 (310) = +gamepadturbo
[57e17529][binds]: bound &312 (312) = +gamepadpicker
[57e17529][binds]: bound &308 (308) = +gamepadweapon1
[57e17529][binds]: bound &309 (309) = +gamepadweapon2
[57e17529][binds]: bound &299 (299) = +gamepadscoreboard
[57e17529][binds]: bound 1 (30) = +weapon1
[57e17529][binds]: bound 2 (31) = +weapon2
[57e17529][binds]: bound 3 (32) = +weapon3
[57e17529][binds]: bound 4 (33) = +weapon4
[57e17529][binds]: bound 5 (34) = +weapon5
[57e17529][binds]: bound mousewheelup (293) = +prevweapon
[57e17529][binds]: bound mousewheeldown (294) = +nextweapon
[57e17529][binds]: bound t (23) = chat all
[57e17529][binds]: bound y (28) = chat team
[57e17529][binds]: bound f3 (60) = vote yes
[57e17529][binds]: bound f4 (61) = vote no
[57e17529][console]: failed to open 'settings.cfg'
[57e17529][console]: failed to open 'autoexec.cfg'
[57e17529][client]: starting...
[Nuevo Thread 0xb4a46b40 (LWP 25562)]
[57e17529][gfx]: shaders ok!
[Nuevo Thread 0xabcfbb40 (LWP 25564)]
[Nuevo Thread 0xa32fdb40 (LWP 25565)]
[57e17529][client/sound]: sound init successful
[57e17529][engine/mastersrv]: refreshing master server addresses
[57e17529][textrender]: loaded pFont from 'data/fonts/Future n0t Found Regular.ttf'
[57e17529][textrender]: default pFont set 0xa262f01c
[57e17529][gameclient]: init all components
[57e17529][]: pFont memory usage: 2097152

Thread 3 "ninslash_d" received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Cambiando a Thread 0xb4a46b40 (LWP 25562)]
0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000000 in ?? ()
#1  0x081279f5 in LoadShader (vertex_path=0x81784ac "data/shaders/basic.vert", 
    fragment_path=0x8178491 "data/shaders/electric.frag")
    at src/engine/client/glshader.cpp:36
#2  0x08112396 in CCommandProcessorFragment_OpenGL::Cmd_LoadShaders (
    this=0x872eccc, pCommand=0x874c228)
    at src/engine/client/backend_sdl.cpp:403
#3  0x08112c96 in CCommandProcessorFragment_OpenGL::RunCommand (
    this=0x872eccc, pBaseCommand=0x874c228)
    at src/engine/client/backend_sdl.cpp:564
#4  0x08113251 in CCommandProcessor_SDL_OpenGL::RunBuffer (this=0x872ecc8, 
    pBuffer=0x8649140) at src/engine/client/backend_sdl.cpp:713
#5  0x081114a7 in CGraphicsBackend_Threaded::ThreadFunc (pUser=0x8547d90)
    at src/engine/client/backend_sdl.cpp:33
#6  0xb7fa62b5 in start_thread (arg=0xb4a46b40) at pthread_create.c:333
#7  0xb79b516e in clone () at ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/i386/clone.S:114
(gdb) 

I added versions (#version 120) to shaders. Try once more?