Topic: InfClass ideas

I love to play the mode called "InfClass". Its an infection mode with different classes.
Since I am playing it so much i thought i would post some ideas that came into my mind while playing.

Like in all other Infection modes, people prefer to play human and sometimes go afk when they are zombies.
To make being a zombie more fun:

- Everytime you die as a zombie you get a new class when you respawn (there can only be 1 witch and 1 undead)
  This way you will not be stuck with the 1 zombie class you hate for the rest of the game

- Zombies can see other zombies health. Like the medic class for human. (1 armor if they dont have full armor,
  1 heart if they dont have full health) This might increase the teamplay of the zombies. Often they dont hammer each
  other

- Higher walking speed for zombies, depending on the race. I dont think this will make
  much of a difference since you can always use the hook to gain more speed

- Slightly longer hook for hunters, spiders and smokers. Maybe also a stronger hook (depending on race)

- Engineer laser walls lose durability when a zombie dies. (2-5 seconds?) The shorter the time remaining the thiner the
  laser line gets. So Zombies and other Humans can see when the wall is close to disappearing. Laser walls sometimes
  make the game boring. You have to wait and cant do much else.

Sadly I dont have any ideas how to make humans more fun. If anyone has ideas, pls feel free to post them
thanks for reading

Re: InfClass ideas

Quatria wrote:

Everytime you die as a zombie you get a new class when you respawn (there can only be 1 witch and 1 undead)
  This way you will not be stuck with the 1 zombie class you hate for the rest of the game

The point of the game is that you can't choose your class as infected. That's why if you quit/join the game, you keep the same class.

Quatria wrote:

Zombies can see other zombies health. Like the medic class for human. (1 armor if they dont have full armor,
  1 heart if they dont have full health) This might increase the teamplay of the zombies. Often they dont hammer each
  other

I will consider it

Quatria wrote:

- Higher walking speed for zombies, depending on the race. I dont think this will make
  much of a difference since you can always use the hook to gain more speed

- Slightly longer hook for hunters, spiders and smokers. Maybe also a stronger hook (depending on race)

This will not affect the gameplay that much and it will not make infected more funny to play with. Maybe one class can get the longer hook, however, in order to surprise humans protected by a wall. But I'm not sure of the consequences in term of physics.

Quatria wrote:

Engineer laser walls lose durability when a zombie dies. (2-5 seconds?) The shorter the time remaining the thiner the
  laser line gets. So Zombies and other Humans can see when the wall is close to disappearing. Laser walls sometimes
  make the game boring. You have to wait and cant do much else.

I can't change the width of the laser (TW limitation). I like the idea of encourage laser/suicide to reduce the timer, but it's hard to calibrate. Maybe I can try with 1 second.

@necropotame thanks for replying

necropotame wrote:

The point of the game is that you can't choose your class as infected. That's why if you quit/join the game, you keep the same class.

Ok, maybe it would be annoying if everyone chooses ghosts and exploder.
What about a time limit, for example: You have 1 specific race for 1-2min and then if you die you get another race by random. Right now if the first 5 zombies get unlucky races it might be hard for them to infect new players.

necropotame wrote:

This will not affect the gameplay that much and it will not make infected more funny to play with. Maybe one class can get the longer hook, however, in order to surprise humans protected by a wall. But I'm not sure of the consequences in term of physics.

I think that longer hooks will also allow you to move faster (not sure). But moving around the map faster with longer hooks is fun. I remember playing on a server with some sort of infection mode that had longer hooks. But it was maybe 2 years ago and i cant remember the mode name anymore.

necropotame wrote:

I can't change the width of the laser (TW limitation).

I played on a server today with a mode called build. You need to login to play first (usr: aaa, pw: aaa). It allows you to make very thin laser walls. So you can only define 1 laser width and then cant change it? Anyways if you say it doesnt work i believe you smile

necropotame wrote:

I like the idea of encourage laser/suicide to reduce the timer, but it's hard to calibrate. Maybe I can try with 1 second.

I would love to see 1 second. Often the zombies suicide into the walls anyways smile

necropotame wrote:

I can't change the width of the laser (TW limitation). I like the idea of encourage laser/suicide to reduce the timer, but it's hard to calibrate. Maybe I can try with 1 second.

Actually you can, but you may have to search a bit.
Because look, if you change the laser bounce delay to a bigger value, the laser will get thiner before bouncing. So it IS actually possible, but I don't exactly know how.

I know that you can easily change the laser thickness where you Snap it ; all you have to do is modify the StartTick's value.

Look I'll show you some code

CNetObj_Laser *pObj = static_cast<CNetObj_Laser *>(Server()->SnapNewItem(NETOBJTYPE_LASER, m_ID, sizeof(CNetObj_Laser)));
    if(!pObj)
        return;
    pObj->m_X = (int)m_Pos.x;
    pObj->m_Y = (int)m_Pos.y;
    pObj->m_FromX = (int)m_From.x;
    pObj->m_FromY = (int)m_From.y;
    pObj->m_StartTick = Server()->Tick()-3;

the '-3' in the last line will help you to change the thickness of the laser, you should try modifying it

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

Why not. I'm just wondering about prediction of the reduction of the thickness. I've to try it.

@necropotame afaik there is no prediction for that.

Afaik the lazer gets thinner between being shot and being completely away (as animation). Usually happens very fast, but you could modify that and use that on the server. (actually, I think there is no prediction cause you don't have problems with fixed-size-lasers)

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)