1 (edited by wkhalid 2016-04-21 04:41:34)

Topic: help playing teeworlds (linux)

Hi guys, I'm totally new here, and I have a big problem. So I got the linux version of teeworlds (teeworlds 6.3) and extracted the folder and everything. But I can't seem to run the executable "teeworlds" I tried doing the chmod +x command, and nothing happened. I click the file and nothing happens I then did ./teeworlds in terminal and it said that I need to install libassound79 or something like that. Any help here? I'm a little new to linux.  sad

My linux version is ubuntu 14.04 (trusty) and my desktop is kde.

p.s. I'm running linux on a acer c720 chromebook

2 (edited by Schwertspize 2016-04-21 10:49:36)

Re: help playing teeworlds (linux)

teeworlds is already deployed in Debian repos, delete the directory and install the package teeworlds (sudo apt install teeworlds)

This should also fix dependency issues and such

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Schwertspize wrote:

teeworlds is already deployed in Debian repos, delete the directory and install the package teeworlds (sudo apt install teeworlds)

This should also fix dependency issues and such

It's

sudo apt-get install teeworlds

@heinrich it doesn't matter which one you use

Explanation here: http://askubuntu.com/q/445384/436905

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

Schwertspize wrote:

@heinrich it doesn't matter which one you use

Explanation here: http://askubuntu.com/q/445384/436905

Ah, sorry! This was news to me, when I last used Ubuntu, there was no command called `apt`, so I assumed it was a typo.