Topic: Starting Teeworlds without full screen: Start PXE over IPv4

Hello.

Teeworlds is a great game, exceptional in fact, but I've come across a problem which I'd like to report, and request assistance in case anyone knows of a quick fix (otherwise I'll consult a dedicated Ubuntu community).

For the first time I selected the option of playing Teeworlds without full screen, which requires a restart of the game to be implemented. Upon restart of the game my computer was rendered completely unresponsive.. I had heard about this bug before, but never experienced it first hand. Anyways, I proceeded to restart my whole computer, but upon restart I immediately received the following message:

>>Checking Media Presence . . . . . .
>>Media Present . . . . . .
>>Start PXE over IPv4.

During this process I'm unable to get any response from pressing any keys such as F2, F12, etc so I just have to wait. After about five minutes I receive the following message:

Boot Device Not Found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk.

Hard Disk - (3F0)

F2 - System Diagnostics

For more information, please visit: http://www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup

Selecting system diagnostics under F2 brings me only to HP's BIOS, not Ubuntu's BIOS:

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI

Version 1.9.0.0 - BIOS

For more information, please visit: www.hp.com/go/techcenter/PCDiags

[  Memory Test  ]

[  Hard Drive Check  ]

[  Language  ]

[  Exit  ]

Exiting this menu only leads to the following error message:

ERROR: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed.

On this screen I remain unable to find any key combination to bring up Ubuntu's BIOS.

I assume that I must attempt to start the computer from a live Ubuntu disk and then either access Ubuntu's BIOS that way and toggle some options, or install a fresh copy of Ubuntu while hopefully retaining all the files previously saved on the computer.

So in conclusion I just wanted to report this bug, to help the community, as well as on the off chance that someone would immediately know of a quick fix. Thanks and take care.

2 (edited by Netherland 2016-02-28 21:43:53)

Re: Starting Teeworlds without full screen: Start PXE over IPv4

Hello, it seems like your motherboards BIOS does not detect your hard drive (as the main boot option) anymore (never heard of a Ubuntu BIOS, but then I never really used any linux distro).
Could you run the Hard Drive check from the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics kit and report the results back?

edit

transcix wrote:

upon restart I immediately received the following message:

>>Checking Media Presence . . . . . .
>>Media Present . . . . . .
>>Start PXE over IPv4.

During this process I'm unable to get any response from pressing any keys such as F2, F12, etc so I just have to wait.

Pressing the BIOS key before going into PXE boot should do the trick

transcix wrote:

As well as on the off chance that someone would immediately know of a quick fix. Thanks and take care.

The possible causes could be corrupted boot sectors on the hard drive, or a broken hard drive, but I can't say for sure.

privet