1 (edited by Nesqui 2014-04-05 11:11:45)

Topic: C++ modding server

Hello, i want to change hp and score bar and can not found this code in sourse. Someonecan help me?
PunBB bbcode test
PunBB bbcode test

Re: C++ modding server

Hey,

src/game/client/components/hud.cpp

can i change value only in server?
for example i want to change in 2nd screen value "score" to value "health"

4 (edited by ghost 2014-04-01 15:17:37)

I suggest you try learning more about the teeworlds code before you start modding. It is really no use if we tell you how to do it exactly. You need to understand how to do it and for this, you need more knowledge. Is suggest you simply start looking through the teeworlds code and try to understand how things work. You can adjust the values of some variables and see what changes. I don't know how competent you are in c++, but it might be worth to work through some tutorials and read in some books, if you don't have a lot of experience.

Btw: this probably belongs in the modding section instead of support...

Easy, download a mod wink

Something I can, however, would like to know if it is real only do this by editing the server?

Nesqui wrote:

Something I can, however, would like to know if it is real only do this by editing the server?

No, you cannot change the display of hearts from the server, the client has full control over that.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

hm, can i change value to custom?

Nesqui wrote:

hm, can i change value to custom?

Yes.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

so i want it and cant found in source...
someone can help?

ghost wrote:

I suggest you try learning more about the teeworlds code before you start modding. It is really no use if we tell you how to do it exactly. You need to understand how to do it and for this, you need more knowledge. Is suggest you simply start looking through the teeworlds code and try to understand how things work. You can adjust the values of some variables and see what changes. I don't know how competent you are in c++, but it might be worth to work through some tutorials and read in some books, if you don't have a lot of experience.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Have a look at this:
https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/ … r.cpp#L821

Anyway ghost and Dune are right, if you want to create your own mod you should get an overview about source code. For experiments character.cpp is a nice start, btw. smile

Luck is allowed

ty, If where there is good information about the source code please share it

more qustion

i have win64 and want conpile to linux/unix/mac how can i do it?

may be virtual box?

Yeah, it's the only solution.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

15 (edited by ghost 2014-04-05 22:29:07)

EDIT: Sorry, misread something, please ignore this post wink

ty so much

17 (edited by tareq123 2020-08-29 15:24:31)

Hello i am new here but tell me how i can mod with C++

Learn C++. Don't learn Teeworlds. No, seriously, go out and buy some books about C++ and learn that first. Take your time with it, you wont learn in in a week or a month, so really take it slowly and make other (basic) things first.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.