Topic: Internal Sprite Sheet for ModAPI

Hi everyone,

ModAPI can display custom sprites for compatible clients. There is two modes for that, similarly to maps : internal images and external images. For internal images, there is for now only the official game.png. I think it could be very interesting for the community to have some internal images with good sprites. Sprites can be any things like boss, weapons, projectiles or vehicles.

We can discuss here the content of these new internal images, and share our sprites. The only constraint is that the result must be teeish, like if they are made for vanilla teeworlds. If Landil want to join the party, at least as a judge, it would be perfect smile

I think we can start with weapons, like 2 or 3 alternatives for each classical weapon. Bombs and turrets could be also appropriate. Some mods already use such object and good graphics are missing here. Please provide png and svg.

Re: Internal Sprite Sheet for ModAPI

@Landil do you have the original resources for these?  If not I can recreate them.

Guns

cross_hair

ammo

Landil wrote:

Graphics were done by Lappi (green and blue gun) and me seven yrs ago. We've done it for the teestrike mod.
I'm not sure, but in those days we released lots of our gfx with a (cc) by-nc-sa license.

Which means: graphics by Landil and Lappi (cc) by-nc-sa
Should do it

Edit: this is the original post of the modified graphic you are using. Read the discussion to see why we disliked the changes!
https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtop … 586#p42586

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

I know you didn't specifically request this type of item, but you've mentioned vehicles so I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. I think vehicles need tires. here is my design, done in GIMP (thus, no SVG). I've used css3 animations to see how it looks when spinning, and honestly the only issue is that it's not quite round enough (particularly the innermost circle) and needs a teeish outline. Here (svg http://piecode.tk/video/private/circle.svg ) is something similar by AthiestCat, done in, I believe, inkscape.

Clan: Riot (I'm one of three leaders: Mile, Deku, pie)
Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat

pielover88888 wrote:

I know you didn't specifically request this type of item, but you've mentioned vehicles so I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring. I think vehicles need tires. here is my design, done in GIMP (thus, no SVG). I've used css3 animations to see how it looks when spinning, and honestly the only issue is that it's not quite round enough (particularly the innermost circle) and needs a teeish outline. Here (svg http://piecode.tk/video/private/circle.svg ) is something similar by AthiestCat, done in, I believe, inkscape.

I am working on two vehicles right now. I will post them soon.

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

The svg sources for these weapons would be perfect !

pielover88888 wrote:

Thanks to participate wink Yes, images must be in svg to facilitate collaboration on it. It helps also to make things more teeish.

I'm open to any type of sprite, as long as it is integrable in ModAPI and generic enough to be a default sprite sheet. But be careful with vehicle. It's hard to make them teeish smile

6 (edited by android272 2016-01-04 04:45:15)

TeeWorlds vehicles

Hornet Motorcycle
Hornet Motorcycle
Red Motorcycle
Red Motorcycle
Uno Motorcycle
Uno Motorcycle

When on these motorcycle the motorcycle(not wheel) and the tee will move up and down slightly to make it look like the engine is vibrating.

When the tee moves left or right on the motorcycle the motorcycle leans forward slightly and smoke(like firing a grenade launcher) would come out the back.

When the tee moves left the tee and the motorcycle flips the the left.

The shadows are removed to be more teeish when put together correctly there would be a thick outline around the whole tee and the motorcycle.

download links can be found by following the links above all the motorcycles and clicking the big green download button to the right of the page.

7 (edited by necropotame 2015-12-31 11:11:45)

Very nice smile In particular the red one.

Graphical issues:
* The outline made by the shadow must be of the same size everywhere, for the tee like for the motorcycle. Right now, it's seems a bit too small for the motorcycle.

Gameplay issues:
* How to move with this vehicle on no flat map ? Maybe the motorcycle can jump a little, or use the hook smile

ModAPI issues:
* I'm not sure if it's easy to add new tee animation. We need for that a generic descriptor, and it seems hard to do. Maybe I'm wrong.

necropotame wrote:

Very nice smile In particular the red one.

Thanks

necropotame wrote:

Graphical issues:
* The outline made by the shadow must be of the same size everywhere, for the tee like for the motorcycle. Right now, it's seems a bit too small for the motorcycle.

Im not exactly sure if the outline/teebody and everything is standardized.  Meaning it would be different depending on the users skin.

necropotame wrote:

Gameplay issues:
* How to move with this vehicle on no flat map ? Maybe the motorcycle can jump a little, or use the hook smile

I think the motorcycle should be able to jump like half the height that a Tee can.  I think that shooting and hooking could be done as well.  Slops could work as well.  I was working on some slop graphics a little while ago.  I will woke on it a bit more.

necropotame wrote:

ModAPI issues:
* I'm not sure if it's easy to add new tee animation. We need for that a generic descriptor, and it seems hard to do. Maybe I'm wrong.

What do you mean "We need for that a generic descriptor" are you talking about a gun.xml like file you are working on now?

I think that the outline must be of the same size for all objects : weapons, armor, hearts, ... It must be coherent (I think). All default tee skin have the same size for the outline, this means that it's a kind of standard.

b.t.w., I will work on vehicles later, so you will not see an implementation soon sad . The next step for ModAPI are weapons.

necropotame wrote:

I think that the outline must be of the same size for all objects : weapons, armor, hearts, ... It must be coherent (I think). All default tee skin have the same size for the outline, this means that it's a kind of standard.

b.t.w., I will work on vehicles later, so you will not see an implementation soon sad . The next step for ModAPI are weapons.

There is a standard style but its not a documented style. All the vanilla skin have the same outline thickness I think. What I am taking about is custom skins. I will modify this so that the thickness of the bikes are the same as the default skins.

I will start working on some guns. I already have one done I just need to find it in my drive.

Still waiting for Teeworlds 2 by android272...
Awesome work again

privet

Netherland wrote:

Still waiting for Teeworlds 2 by android272...
Awesome work again

wink

I just updated the motorcycles to have what seems to be the right thickness of an outline. I looked at all the skins and they did look like they had the same outline thickness.  In Inksape 6.5 seems to be a good stroke width for the Tees.

It still looks a bit off but I think that is because of how the both the object and its shadow has an out line.  the object having a much thinner outline and the shadow having about a 6.5 outline.  If you look at the game file there are small outlines in the guns, flags, ammo, and even the Tees.  I will try to add some outlines to the motorcycle to make them look even more Teeish.

http://s8.postimg.org/wmu1sw285/ellipse4170.png