Topic: Offtopic discussion of xush and heinrich5991

I can confirm and reproduce it, I just deactivated the overlay though as it is stupid for teeworlds anyways... Not sure if there is another solution.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

Re: Offtopic discussion of xush and heinrich5991

switchus wrote:
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/switchus/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.

Mh.. I wonder if this is related. I'll test this tomorrow.

xush wrote:

[...] as it is stupid for teeworlds anyways... [...]

You seem to be very quick to call anything that doesn't work useless. Potential use case: See and respond to Steam chat.

So uh, why not use alt+Tab for chatting? I said useless, but i rather should habe said "not necessary" as teeworlds does not use the steam API, sorry for my inprecision right there.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

xush wrote:

So uh, why not use alt+Tab for chatting? I said useless, but i rather should habe said "not necessary" as teeworlds does not use the steam API, sorry for my inprecision right there.

It's a nice touch if it works inside the game. For example, you can still see the game while chatting, and you can see new chat messages while playing. smile