Re: [SUGGESTION] Ideas for the next version

Something that would change the way Teeworlds can be modded:

Binding image / texture from map's embedded images to entity. The entitity would need image's id or name of some sort, position, angle and flip / mirror texture status (maybe draw order too, before or after game layer). All the other functionality could be handled server side. If the map would lack the image, the entity wouldn't be rendered.

This would enable buildings, traps, vehicles, switches, doors, different enemies, crazy weapons etc.

/Siile

Move logic and such stuff to server side, make server more complicated while client simpler, to achieve higher modding possibilities.

Orange is my faver color.
Orange and tangerine is my faver fruit.
I never get stuff done, just coz I'm lazy.

Idk is other tell it but... improve votes system... nearby users outweigh the distant users.

unsigned char* wrote:

Idk is other tell it but... improve votes system... nearby users outweigh the distant users.

Do you mean by physical closeness in the map, or by ping?

Clan: Riot (I'm one of three leaders: Mile, Deku, pie)
Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat

pielover88888 wrote:
unsigned char* wrote:

physical closeness in the map.

unsigned char* wrote:
pielover88888 wrote:
unsigned char* wrote:

OK now what does that mean to outweigh another Tee?

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

android272 wrote:
unsigned char* wrote:
pielover88888 wrote:

OK now what does that mean to outweigh another Tee?

'TeeA' init call vote for 'TeeB'
'TeeA', 'TeeC' and 'TeeD' are closer to 'TeeB' than 'TeeG', 'TeeH' and 'TeeJ'
When 'TeeA' or 'TeeC' or 'TeeD' press F3 or F4 increase (or decrease) "the kick score" in 10 points
When  'TeeG' or 'TeeH' or 'TeeJ' press F3 or F4 increase (or decrease) "the kickscore" in 1 point

I would like to see Teeworlds use Steamworks for network play on Steam. You could still keep the old system to stay compatible with non-steam clients. But give people on Steam the option to use Steam servers if they want.

https://partner.steamgames.com/documentation/api

The Steam networking API is a simple set of functions to let the game send data directly between two Steam users. To make connections from behind home NAT's, it uses the libjingle NAT-punching library or, if no direct connection can be made, through the Steam relay servers.

What does this mean? It means that it you used the Steam networking API it would be a lot easier to host server for Teeworlds on Steam.

It means you could host a server even if you are behind a firewall or a NATed router. You could invite Steam friends and they would be able to join your game instantly without any trouble. No need to set up port forwarding in your router or renting a server or something like that.

1,484 (edited by Deku / mint-pi 2016-01-10 03:45:35)

I have a 'flaw report'/suggestion about the editor...

So, it is possible to move the corners of a quad's texture relative to the corners of a quad itself. That's awesome. But there is no way to do this exactly, unlike every other setting in a map I can think of that can be adjusted. There's no field listed for it on the corner points, center point, quad layer... the only way to adjust it is inaccurate eye-balling as you adjust it until it looks like its probably correct. What!? Can this please be fixed in 0.7 (or 0.6.4 if that arrives first)? It would be far more useful if mappers could actually see the relative texture displacement in numerical form rather than just a potentially deceiving visual preview.

(I know that the editor is probably getting massively overhauled in 0.7 because the whole thing doesn't follow the KISS principle very well, but this feature is very non-obvious and basically useless in its current form, despite the fact that it could be extremely useful)

Edit: Unfortunately for this to actually be truely useful, quad handling would have to be changed from splitting quads into two triangles to splitting them into four, using the green point as the center on which the four triangles converge. I think this makes more intuitive sense than the current method anyway, but it requires more work on the developer's end...

Edit2: found a case where vanilla editor disagrees strongly with actual in-game on vanilla. Using clipping groups to only show small sections of an image appears to work (with some issues at the edges) in the editor, but the whole image still shows up in the actual game. example map

I've got two FNG maps which are close to ready for public release, hopefully they'll be on the forums soon! Aforementioned maps are on the back burner. Still doing mapping, but have higher priority map projects.
It should never take 45 seconds to download a map for anyone with a decent connection.

I would like to see a feature like the proposed #1426: When downloading the list from the master servers or pinging each server, don't remove the old list so we can still view the servers while it is loading, only remove them if they're no longer on the master's list or if they don't respond to pings.
This would also make the "refresh" seem much more smooth IMO.

heinrich5991 wrote:

I would like to see a feature like the proposed #1426: When downloading the list from the master servers or pinging each server, don't remove the old list so we can still view the servers while it is loading, only remove them if they're no longer on the master's list or if they don't respond to pings.
This would also make the "refresh" seem much more smooth IMO.

Seems like quite an improvement indeed.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

1,487 (edited by Sonix 2016-04-11 14:33:34)

- Get rid of the translations

Sonix wrote:

Why?

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. Praise be unto God for giving us a way to live with him.

Check out my DeviantArt for all my TeeWorlds art and ideas for Teeoworlds

Sonix wrote:

Quite extreme measure...
Once 0.7 or any other release is ready, announce a deadline for translations.
Those updated and maintained at least to (let's say) 70% are kept with a few strings untranslated. The others are discarded for said release.

I know that as soon as I were to hear something about 0.7 being ready, I could finish the portuguese translation in one day.

check out these maps: infiltrate - choco - dustycloud

standarize a system for reveal server specifications (variables, game modes, default game mode, etc..) usign external files or by arguments in '_srv' binary...
standarize binaries names... you, modder of teeworlds, you are in a 'ecosystem'... can be good if all play at the same game... if you don't use for example.. '_srv' for identify the server... you're complicating the realization of other ideas ... having to be trying your mod in a special way, because not respecting the standard.
wink

This as new background Music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGcIryjpJdo

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and benchmarks.

Hi !

Can you add RGB keyboard integration ?

I have a fresh Cosrair K95, and I would love to have some keyboard integration of ingame status (team, health, armor, ammo...)

A project that has some good ingame and keyboards integration is https://github.com/antonpup/Aurora/

Hi,
Teeworlds is regarding the playstyle a wonderful games, but i think the concept around it has to improve:
1. Its necessary to create Teeworlds Account, so you have to log-in and cant change your name and so on everytime, it makes the game more personal.
2. Its difficult for intermediates or pros to find good servers in ctf or ictf. I think its possible to create a queue and regarding to the persons the mapsize is chosen automatically. This also prevents long waiting times and disagreements.
3. Reducing the maps back to approximately 10 standard maps.
4. a small ranked system, that helps balancing the teams in the queue.

steam server connections and other steam support like add friends to the game