Topic: Problem with making server

Hello, first off I'm pretty sure (yes, not 100%) that I port forwarded correctly. So far I think everything is alright. But, when I look at tutorials on how to make a Teeworlds server, when I make the autoexec.cfg file and open the teeworlds_svr, there is an "error".

Ill try to type a few examples.

ERROR: the master server reports that clients can not connect to this server.

ERROR: configure your firewall/nat to let through udp on port 8303.

Thats pretty much it.. then it says that repeatedly. Can anyone give me some tips on how to fix this? My autoexec.cfg is currently a normal text document because when I save it as "All Files" I can't open it and the teeworlds_svr just closes right after I open it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem with making server

Need open UDP Port 8303 or perhaps check firewall restrictions... if uses Windows or other privative software, contact with the company for support smile

unsigned char* wrote:

Need open UDP Port 8303 or perhaps check firewall restrictions... if uses Windows or other privative software, contact with the company for support smile

Alright, I went into Firewall and made a port to allow access for Teeworlds. First of all, the message still shows up. But here's the thing. My autoexec document is named "autoexec.cfg". When it is named that and I open teeworlds_svr, it follows up with the error I already gave. When I rename the document autoexec (without the .cfg at the end, even though it's already a cfg document) the teeworlds_svr crashes right when I open it. I don't know how to fix these problems. I've spent hours trying..

first. you are probably behind a NAT or router, you have to configure their firewall.

second. I refer to another similar question where the port is simply used because you didn't stop the server right.

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

5 (edited by Purzedo 2015-10-14 22:06:29)

Schwertspize wrote:

first. you are probably behind a NAT or router, you have to configure their firewall.

second. I refer to another similar question where the port is simply used because you didn't stop the server right.

What do you mean I didn't stop the server right? I never really started it. Whenever I open the server it crashes right away. Also, the firewall says that port 8303 is not blocked. So I don't know why it's giving me this error. I'm not a computer geek, so any instructions you give me you will probably have to say it clear enough for me to understand. The main problem here is that the teeworlds_svr is closing right after I open it. I have a screenshot of what it says for a split second. Here's the link: https://gyazo.com/22c565a64eb5243dacfdb1e158d3cd15

I see what I did wrong. I copy and pasted the wrong things in the autoexec file. Now I hope everything works fine.

Edit: The same errors still show up.. What do I do D:

the image shows that your config is wrong. would you post it in a code block?

Having troubles finding servers in the serverlist? Go to Pastebin (its a referer cause there is daily a new pastebin) and add the lines to your settings.cfg (in %APPDATA%\teeworlds). Then open teeworlds and go to the favorites tab. (Note however, standard teeworlds client can only show 256 favorites, use ddnet instead)

7 (edited by Purzedo 2015-10-15 01:41:26)

Schwertspize wrote:

the image shows that your config is wrong. would you post it in a code block?

Yeah. I copy and pasted the wrong stuff in my autoexec. I fixed that, but I still see the same errors as before (configure your firewall/nat to let through udp on port 8303)

Edit: Ill post a screenshot of whats happening. https://gyazo.com/88521b1dc5ef19feea8552810930280e

OK. you are behind some sort of firewall. mostly,  it's a router, sometimes it's because you are sharing your op with someone else, I can't say. and I can't help you, that's one thing you have to do yourself. the only thing I can offer you to host the server for you (for free, of course)

9 (edited by Purzedo 2015-10-15 18:34:57)

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

I have no freaking idea what happened. It works now. I have no idea why. It works without any problems!! I didn't even do anything. Everything is the same as yesterday but everything works now. I'm so happy now.....

But I have one more thing. How do you make the server from TestDDr to just a normal DDrace? That's all the questions I have now smile

Edit: Sorry I'm talking about DDnet. Is this the wrong place to ask?

1. yeah. normally it's the wrong place. but I'm also ddnet dev (or not official, but still)  TestDDRaceNetwork is the name if sv_test_cmds is 1, turn it off and you can't use cheats but that's the setting.

2. about this thread. there is the possibility that you didn't do anything, you are not responsible for the "now it's working" but your system administrator just lifted the firewall restrictions and now it works.

Ok smile thank you for your help.