Topic: "wget" Command Corrupts Map?

Hi,

My FTP server recently went down, so I'm trying to move my maps to my Teeworlds server using another method. I originally tried uploading it to MediaFire, then using the “wget” command to fetch the file. But when I start the server, it gives me this:

[15-09-12 19:38:37][datafile]: wrong signature. 20 3c 21 44
[15-09-12 19:38:37][server]: failed to load map. mapname='map'

Any ideas on how this happens and how I can fix this?

A is for Apple.

Re: "wget" Command Corrupts Map?

ever tried sftp?

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Ummm perhaps wget are writing some header... if you can connect via ssh try using "scp"....

Oblique. wrote:

Hi,

My FTP server recently went down, so I'm trying to move my maps to my Teeworlds server using another method. I originally tried uploading it to MediaFire, then using the “wget” command to fetch the file. But when I start the server, it gives me this:

[15-09-12 19:38:37][datafile]: wrong signature. 20 3c 21 44
[15-09-12 19:38:37][server]: failed to load map. mapname='map'

Any ideas on how this happens and how I can fix this?

Python tells me that the signature "20 3c 21 44" is actually " <!D", so you probably downloaded a website instead of your map. Just look into that file, you'll probably see some HTML source code.

Yep, you're right. Do you know how to download it as a map instead of a HTML file?

A is for Apple.

Use the correct URL. Give me the link you used and I will fix it for you smile

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

Ok, I just realized what I did wrong. The MediaFire link I've been using only takes me to the webpage to download the map. I forgot to copy the link location of the actual download button. I think its fixed now, and it's not a wget issue.

A is for Apple.