Topic: HELP FAST! Server hosting in USA!

Hi,i currently have a really cool city mod. I have forwarded my router and am currently running the server. A LOT of people are playing it and some people even donated to my server. But the problem is, I am running the server on my laptop, which means in order to run the server 24/7, i would also have to turn on my computer 24/7. i have already tried that and has pleasant outcomes of a blue screen of death when i got home from school. So! i am asking YOU guys who play teeworlds and own server, to be a bit generous here and help me out here. i have no intention on buying a vps sorry but for security reasons. big_smile but, i am calling for help. People who have server and would like to host a random server, contact me on skype and i will give everything you need for the server. Please help me guys. People on the server want my server to be 24/7 and i want the hoster to be located in the USA. Thanks guys and i need a fast reply on this one as i am getting busier! thanks on last time!

~nohack2win

skype - nohack2win555

Re: HELP FAST! Server hosting in USA!

Landil wrote:

Please do NOT open multiple threads with the same topic!
I deleted the other thread.

This is your last warning.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

yes i know about not doing 2 threads but i tried to find out how to close or deltete the post but dont know how? can you do it for me? i originally wanted this post to be posted here not modifications. sry big_smile

You can ask for topics to be moved, creating them over and over is discouraged. I've removed the other topic.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

nohack2win555 wrote:

i have no intention on buying a vps sorry but for security reasons.

Reasons to buy a VPS (for teeworlds hosting)
1) Secure, Hosting a teeworlds server on a VPS will hide your own IP from the serverlist, and usually comes with some form of (DDoS) protection.
2) Reliable, It's some guys job to keep your VPS running, if he does not do his job, you will get money (or something else, depending on the SLA).
3) Easy, Pay and Go, No wires attached.
4) Fast, Usually a VPS has a way better up speed than your home connection has, because of this, multiple people can also concurrently play on your server, instead of it going 1000 ping with 2 players (since city mods usually have large maps, you'll need a fast UP speed in order to provide for everyone).

nohack2win555 wrote:

and some people even donated to my server

Use that money to pay for your VPS?

nohack2win555 wrote:

i have already tried that and has pleasant outcomes of a blue screen of death when i got home from school.

Teeworlds will not give your computer a BSOD.
First thing I can think of is your laptop just overheats and it shuts down in order to safe itself. Disable automatic restart (probably somewhere in the BIOS), and google the STOP code the BSOD provides you with, then solve the problem. I bet it has to do with overheating.

nohack2win555 wrote:

People who have server and would like to host a random server

City servers are not just random servers, they are quite resource-intensitive.

Why would someone pay 10 bucks a month so that someone he doesn't know at all can host a server on there?
There's no such thing as a free meal.

privet