1 (edited by Connection Lost 2017-03-23 17:21:38)

Topic: A Guide to Teeworlds: Teeworlds in All of its Difficultees [VIDEO]

Salutations!

So, some time ago I decided to browse YouTube for some basic tutorials on Teeworlds.
Because you never know what you can learn.

However, there was nothing helpful in all that pile of poo!

http://i.imgur.com/ooXfi64.png?1

That's where I said to myself: "Why not add your own poo to that pile?"

And so I did:

A Guide to Teeworlds: Teeworlds in All of its Difficultees

Thirty minutes of basics for your everyday CTF5 beginner you shoot at.
CLICK HERE.
http://i.imgur.com/gZQdkfQ.png
Professor Jericho discusses
Weapon Theory, Speed Exercises,
Roles, Bot Spotting and Settings Tips

I hope posting this here is okay, as I think some things I might teach
throughout the tutorial may seem incorrect to you/your opinion differs so you can discuss it here.

And if you really did watch that completely, wow!
Of course, criticism of any sorts are welcome!
That includes grammar mistakes.

23.03.2017 Update

If the above's video is blocked in your country you can watch this substitute:

Copyright free version

All copyright-claim inducing music has been replaced.
I do need to add that this will heavily influence the viewing experience for the worse.
The music had been chosen deliberately as they (in my editor's opinion) capture the feelings of the lessons in the way I wanted to.
The clips were edited accordingly and thus viewing this will not quite catch the viewing experience I wanted you to have.
So ask you to view the original video if you are able to.

Re: A Guide to Teeworlds: Teeworlds in All of its Difficultees [VIDEO]

aint that bad
didnt watch it to the end but its quite good as far as i have seen
now even i can become pro!

can't watch it in germany because of the fkin gema..

4 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2015-08-29 20:43:13)

all this phoenix wright *_*
and btw ive learned more on this video that furing all my years playing, ive watched the hole thing, really cool music, a really smart video and it had some really funny parts as well (like the BUSTED on the bots and the mlg joke) so ty a lot!
i am looking forward for the next video!

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Very nice video ! As an instagibs player I learned a lot about vanilla haha !

DerHase wrote:

Me too. It's best if one just uses royality-free music for YouTube videos, to avoid such things. sad

Loving TW since 2010 smile

Hey,
very nice tutorial but I have a question. Do I have to take the dynamic camera off? Because im better with dynamic than static big_smile

Newbe

Thanks for this great tutorial Connection Lost, it's indeed something I missed a long long time. However, the thing I fear is that (most of) those who need this video will not easily find it. Thus I would like to see it not only here. Maybe the Teeworlds-Forum Team could add a "Getting started" Section and add useful stuff like this. Additionally I guess adding this to Steam guides wouldn't be wrong; well there are tons of newbies that at least could get an idea of whole vanilla.

Luck is allowed

Zeref wrote:

Hey,
very nice tutorial but I have a question. Do I have to take the dynamic camera off? Because im better with dynamic than static big_smile

No, you don't have to. smile I also used dynamic camera for a really long time, because I liked it more. Then I someday deactivated it, because people said it would be better. I think I became better after that, but I also liked to use dynamic camera back then (although I can hardly play with it anymore today, to be honest big_smile ).

10 (edited by Connection Lost 2015-08-30 00:29:37)

DerHase wrote:

JonastheRoman wrote:
DerHase wrote:

Me too. It's best if one just uses royality-free music for YouTube videos, to avoid such things. sad

Damn. I really kept a close eye on this. I should've anticipated it - but it seems like the Intro is the cause this time.

However, I suggest you use a proxy, like ProxTube as an add-on
against blocked YouTube videos.

Zeref wrote:

Hey,

You would be better off you disabling it. Dynamic camera only has a crucial impact in instagib-mods when that split second advantage you get by seeing your enemy earlier can mean life and death.

You'll notice that with faster gameplay you won't be ably to keep track while in intensive combat.

HA lol that was me in the k/d pic
i am soo fame

Enjoyable to watch wink

Visit our clan: =Eagle= !

JonastheRoman wrote:

No, you don't have to. smile I also used dynamic camera for a really long time, because I liked it more. Then I someday deactivated it, because people said it would be better. I think I became better after that, but I also liked to use dynamic camera back then (although I can hardly play with it anymore today, to be honest big_smile ).

Thank you for your anwser it helped me smile

Connection Lost wrote:

You would be better off you disabling it. Dynamic camera only has a crucial impact in instagib-mods when that split second advantage you get by seeing your enemy earlier can mean life and death.

You'll notice that with faster gameplay you won't be ably to keep track while in intensive combat.

Year, but im better in long distance, or im wrong with this?

Newbe

14 (edited by Connection Lost 2015-08-30 10:07:36)

Zeref wrote:

Year, but im better in long distance, or im wrong with this?

You're not wrong. Generally people get comfortable with the laser first.

It's just that when you've got no other choice than going short-range (a shotgun for example) you sort of penalize yourself, you get less flexible when it comes to weapon pick-ups. There are 20 weapon pick-ups total on CTF5 and 8 of those force you into short range. This is like a bad habit to me.

But of course, there is no need to adjust because I've seen people pull this off with dynamic camera. Whatever suits you best in the end.

And thanks everyone for the nice feedback! smile
It really made my day, didn't really expect such good comments.

very nice tutorial indeed. when it started, i thought it will be like in the pokemon games with prof oak... sry, nostalgic moments big_smile

do you mind if we place this in the useful part of the clanzone? i am sure that this vid will get a load of hits.
of course, the credits go 100% to you smile

Really nice work!

I don't project my insecurities on other people.

TW-Clanzone wrote:

very nice tutorial indeed. when it started, i thought it will be like in the pokemon games with prof oak... sry, nostalgic moments big_smile

do you mind if we place this in the useful part of the clanzone? i am sure that this vid will get a load of hits.
of course, the credits go 100% to you smile

Sure, go ahead!

Great work smile

19 (edited by Netherland 2015-08-30 20:10:14)

wasn't sure if I wanted to waste 30 minutes watching some teeworlds tutorial movie, but after just 30 seconds I immediatly saw that this isn't just wasting time watching a shietty movie.

-5 minutes in
This should be included in every client of teeworlds.

edit: Such a shame that you didn't use correctly transparent images, at some points you can see white lines (and even the occasional white parts), and too bad for the low quality Professor Jericho.
For the rest this is a very high quality and very nicely made tutorial with a lot of detailed information.

privet

It's pretty well made, great ideas and lot of effort into it, but I really really dislike the mention of bots.
I wonder if there's anything one can do to give more exposure to this Teeworlds introduction. As is, it will probably drawn in the mass of Teeworlds YouTube videos.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

It's pretty well made, great ideas and lot of effort into it, but I really really dislike the mention of bots.
I wonder if there's anything one can do to give more exposure to this Teeworlds introduction. As is, it will probably drawn in the mass of Teeworlds YouTube videos.

One could post it as a guide on the Teeworlds community hub on Steam.

To quote myself:

HMH wrote:

... However, the thing I fear is that (most of) those who need this video will not easily find it. Thus I would like to see it not only here. Maybe the Teeworlds-Forum Team could add a "Getting started" Section and add useful stuff like this. Additionally I guess adding this to Steam guides wouldn't be wrong; well there are tons of newbies that at least could get an idea of whole vanilla.

I would highly appreciate a Getting started / Tutorials section, it could be advertised at the frontpage.

Luck is allowed

Well, it certainly beats my crappy trailer, so I would recommend putting it on the frontpage.

A is for Apple.

It's not a trailer though.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Do you wanna post it on the Steam community hub, Connection Lost? I think that is a good idea!