1 (edited by Neox 2015-08-17 16:03:29)

Topic: [MOD] Monster, 0.7

Hello !

I developped the monster mod a bit long ago now and never updated it even if there were many requests.

So I would like to tell you all that I will recode the monster mod for 0.7, adding and changing MANY things.

A more teamplay oriented server

As you all may know, in the current version of the monster mod, it's the one that kills the most that is the more powerful. And the other players just stay powerless while the waves are becoming harder, which destroys the game once the most powerful player leaves or dies.

So my idea is that when a monster gets killed, everybody get the points... even the players coming while the game is already started !
There will be a count of the killed monsters, that will be transformed to points and distributed to everybody.
So your team mate cannot be more powerful than you, and this, in any case !

More monsters, better AI

Currently there are 16 monsters in game. The rest are queued.
I wanted to make like there are more monsters already, but the server was lagging... because of the calculations.
Now that I improved my coding skills, I'm able to increase this max monster number (almost) as much as I want.
You can set the number of max monsters yourself. Therefor, there will be a default number of 64 monsters in game (and the rest will sure be queued).
I will also improve the AI as much as I can, since I don't have the server lag problems anymore.

Different gameplays

As it was requested a lot, there will be a last wave with a boss in it. I will also keep the current gameplay, with waves never ending and the difficulty always increasing. This will be a server configuration, so either the administrator can set it or he can add a vote for that the players decide of the gameplay.

More administrator commands

You requested it a lot ! There will be commands to add skillpoints to players, to revive players and some more OP commands... but I DO NOT advice you to set them as vote, as it simply destroys the game. I even thought about closing the sources of this mod just because some people edited the sources to add votes to allow players to get as much skillpoints as they want, to make them revive themselves, and much more... which simply made the monster servers becoming EMPTY. So please, think about what you are currently reading, and DON'T do it, just don't.

Bug fixing, adding and removing (or changing) some features, and more...

The health of the monsters will be displayed with hearts above them. There will be 10 hearts, which will decrease when the monster will loose hp. These hearts represent the percentage over 10 of the hp of the monster.
I will remove/change some (a bit) useless features like buying ninja/getting all weapons. I think that they will still exist, but I have to think about a way to get them.

There will also be a github repository for this mod, so that you can follow the updates and bug fixes.

If you have ideas to improve the mod, write them here in this topic. If they look good, I may add them here.

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

2 (edited by SandSnake 2015-08-17 17:47:52)

Re: [MOD] Monster, 0.7

I remember when in the first days after created Monsters, mod was hosted on CTF5 map wrong as CTF server. That's was great time - always elite from CTF5 and 16 players big_smile. But after 10-20 rounds everybody bought "SUPER EXTRA WEAPON", stood whole round in one spot and shoot - that was terrible. Shop unrelated with number of players and with OP wepons was that thing I've stopped play in this mod. I'm hopeful that new version will better and I will back to play Good Luck smile

Sounds fun, can't wait to see what 0.7 will bring.
I highly suggest looking at how Siile handles bots (the special entities to control it's path), so creating custom maps is somewhat doable.

privet

Netherland wrote:

Sounds fun, can't wait to see what 0.7 will bring.
I highly suggest looking at how Siile handles bots (the special entities to control it's path), so creating custom maps is somewhat doable.

My bots are done the laziest possible way. big_smile

I'm struggling with real path finding algorithms.

I'd like to implement A* pathfinding tho, that's the best pathfinding algorithm. It's better than anything I could code, and then... just handling that hooking stuff, but this should not be too hard.

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

Neox wrote:

I'd like to implement A* pathfinding tho, that's the best pathfinding algorithm. It's better than anything I could code, and then... just handling that hooking stuff, but this should not be too hard.

Imperfect aiming, reaction times and stuff like that makes them feel a bit more human like, keep that in mind. wink

Siile wrote:
Neox wrote:

Imperfect aiming, reaction times and stuff like that makes them feel a bit more human like, keep that in mind. wink

True but you can make this after you found the good algorithm for the pathfinding, and well in a mod such as monster this could only be a difficulty difference. (First waves stupid monsters, then they get a bit smarter and then they just get really strong)

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

A bot with pretty good pathfinding algorithm is here, ask author for sources: https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11397

pelya wrote:

A bot with pretty good pathfinding algorithm is here, ask author for sources: https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11397

I don't like copying sources but... wellll...

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

Neox wrote:
pelya wrote:

That's the point of having open-source stuff, is it not?
Just credit them where credit is due.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
Neox wrote:
pelya wrote:

That's the point of having open-source stuff, is it not?
Just credit them where credit is due.

You're right smile

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

Downloadlink?!

Krypton wrote:

Downloadlink?!

Teeworlds 0.7 isn't out yet. So it isn't coded yet.

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

?!

So, please remove the "[MOD]" in the title.

I will be banned if I troll again ...

Dont make a god damn post if you are not going to release anything, goes for all private mods.

Real programmers don't comment their code - it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
Proudly verkeckt since 2010.

Hey Neox smile if you update your nice mod in 0.7 version, will it be able to be used in 0.6 ?

i think this is dead

his last post was in 2017

GOOGLE TRANSLATE big_smile:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D: