Topic: Bad Android Control - A Suggestion

Hey people,

i know. To play Teeworlds on Android/Smartphone is not the best way to enjoy one of the best games. (Teeworlds)

However, with that actual control is it impossible to win a Match.
My Idea: Why not change the control to 2 Analog Sticks (like an ego-shooter game). One for the Movement of the character, and one to change the direction of the character face. And 4 Buttons. One for Jump, one to use the weapon, one to change the weapon and one to use the rope.

Maybe the game process will be slower, but its easier and and better to play then. You could choose a good location for the 4 Buttons.

What do you think dear Development-Team?

Re: Bad Android Control - A Suggestion

The android app is actually not developed by the official developer team afaik, so this is not going to have a big impact unless you link this to the developer of the android app.

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

There's already a Teeworlds Mod that supports the XBOX 360 gamepad, and let me tell you, it sucks.

It's way to hard to control the camera at the same time as walking and since Teeworlds is all around precision the best experience is with a keyboard and a mouse.

Just buy a USB Hub, a MicroUSB M - USB F cable and a Keyboard and mouse USB and your good to go...

Oh, here you go.
https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10115

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

I dont want a Teeworlds Mod.
I dont want buy a Xbox Controller.
I just want Teeworlds easy to play on Android.

Many Smartphones/Tablets doesnt support USB-Host. As example: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.
So, its useless to buy a Xbox Controller or USB-Mouse. It will not work.

So, the best idea is to make a good control for the Android Version.

5 (edited by Kompl.exe 2014-10-28 19:33:21)

You dont want a mod? Whatever you play there on ypur Android IS actually a mod, since the official devs did not optimized/compiled Teeworlds for any mobile plattform!

Edit: And the Android version works well with my ouya controller!

How to database by FFanta: http://puu.sh/jdPVk/fa37a95ac2.png

gamefreak wrote:

Many Smartphones/Tablets doesnt support USB-Host. As example: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.

Lies.
http://www.ledistronica.pt/image/cache/%7Bf76836b1-7edc-11e3-8697-002215da066e%7D-640x640.jpg

me wrote:

Just buy a USB Hub, a MicroUSB M - USB F cable and a Keyboard and mouse USB and your good to go...

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

7 (edited by gamefreak 2014-10-30 02:38:33)

I think you dont understand my words.
That aren't lies!!!

For example: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini doesn't support USB-Host mode/OTG.
That means it will not work with that cable.
Please inform yourself before you attack me. Thanks.
Many Smartphones/Tablets don't have that mode.

And now back to topic, please.
Discussion about a new better control for the android version.

HeroiAmarelo wrote:
gamefreak wrote:

Lies.

me wrote:

Hi.

I think I'll redo controls once again, with one setting as you suggested, and with another setting, which uses gyroscope for movement. Probably in two or three weeks.

I've published an update, with the control scheme you suggested. Suggestions?

10 (edited by Oblique. 2015-07-14 23:40:26)

pelya wrote:

I've published an update, with the control scheme you suggested. Suggestions?

Liked it the way it was. But nice job anyways. For some reason, I can change where I'm aiming, but when I press the hook or fire button, it automatically points it back to the right again. Because of this, I can pretty much only hook and aim in one direction.

EDIT: Oh wait, I just wasn't hitting the button. Instead I kept hitting the right side of the screen. Now, I actually think this layout is much easier to use.

By the way, that new server tab is AWESOME. Maybe something like that can be put into the standard client.

A is for Apple.

You can select the old controls layout in the game settings. And since I've already added the ability to switch controls scheme, it's not complicated to add yet another layout, so if you have any suggestions regarding controls, I could implement them.

It might seem hard to come up with a design the makes Teeworlds playable on touchscreen devices, but such a design probably exists. The blackberry port of Teeworlds seems to have better controls. I didn't try it myself, but a friend of mine, whom I know from Teeworlds, uses it and he plays pretty well. Judging by the way he plays, I wouldn't have thought he is on a smartphone except he told me. If I remember correctly, he said he tilts the screen for movement and uses two onscreen analogs for the rest of actions. Also, I've seen other guys playing well on smartphones, and they said they are playing on blackberry. So I think the blackberry's design is a good starting point.

Meuhmeuhmeuh xD

Eek, Blackberry version costs $1, how that developer dares to collect money for his work tongue
Could you please select 'One joystick + gyroscope' in Settings - General, and tell me if it's similar to Blackberry version? Would be also nice to record a video of your friend playing, and post it here.
I think I'll add seventh control mode, with accelerometer instead of gyroscope, because gyroscope loses horizon over time.

Neat, I didn't know about the gyroscope option because it seems I had an outdated version. I think it will take me some time to get used to it though big_smile
Here is a demo of my friend playing CTF5 on his playbook. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RbT4dvQ2wEM.

Meuhmeuhmeuh xD

Baklava wrote:

Neat, I didn't know about the gyroscope option because it seems I had an outdated version. I think it will take me some time to get used to it though big_smile
Here is a demo of my friend playing CTF5 on his playbook. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RbT4dvQ2wEM.

Wow, that's indeed really hard to distinguish from "normal" gameplay.

Loving TW since 2010 smile

Baklava wrote:

Wow nice, however this video tells me nothing about button layout on screen.
Is it too much to ask to make a video of your friend's hands while he plays?
I've found nothing on Youtube or Google that shows on-screen control layout for Blackberry version.