1 (edited by Lucky Guichi 2015-07-03 23:33:28)

Topic: MyTw.eu - Free EU/US server hosting, no registration

Hello folks!

I've been working for the past few days on a service that allows anyone to get their own Teeworlds server running within a minute. Perfect to play between friends or have a clan war on a private server.

The name is mytw.eu (as in "my teeworld"). It's completely free, I'm counting on ads displayed on the site to pay a part of server fees.

For now it only has default maps (+ some custom), and vanilla gametypes. I will probably add more maps and modded gametypes soon based on your requests and submissions (criteria here).

Server is hosted in London, United Kingdom. Instances will automatically shut down if no one is playing or after 4 hours. Number of parallel instances is very low for now but I'll increase it for sure later depending on the success of this.

Creating a server is really easy, just fill in some basic information and you're good to go, you also have rcon access if needed (commands reference also available). There's no annoying registration or frustrating stuff (hopefully tongue).

It's still a Work In Progress, needs a few design improvements, more features and some tweaks, but it's decent enough to be used in its current state.

Here's the link once again: mytw.eu

Your feedback is appreciated smile

Lucky

Re: MyTw.eu - Free EU/US server hosting, no registration

Vouch, it actually works and is running pretty good.
I set up a server an within 5'ish seconds, it was up..
I must say that I like this smile

Trust dies but mistrust blossoms. Sophocles
Landil was here, and wrote the above ^^
HOLY FUCK! Can't believe I met Landil tongue

3 (edited by Kirbs 2015-06-10 23:58:29)

It should allow people to specify votes in advanced settings.

It should allow you to specify MOTDs.

Plus, I think the "must have password longer than 6 characters" is dumb tongue

Anyhow, cool thing... I like the entrance statement xD

no

4 (edited by Lucky Guichi 2015-06-11 01:27:31)

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Few modifications as requested:
- Added motd in Advanced settings
- Added checkboxes to add vote options (with a button to "Show/hide votes" in the appropriate category under map selection)
- Still thinking about changing the minimum characters for rcon password, it's supposed to encourage users get a bit of security tongue
- Since you voters really seem to enjoy bananas, I've made a banana as the logo that is visible in the header.

I didn't really test the new features because it's quite late right now but it should work properly.

Thanks for the support! smile

Lucky

Lucky Guichi wrote:

- Still thinking about changing the minimum characters for rcon password, it's supposed to encourage users get a bit of security tongue

I like that you require a minimum number of characters!

A really amazing idea, I was looking for this for a long time.
I make maps, but I can't try them out sad.

The only problem is: only vanilla mods are available.
I make FNG and DDRace maps so this won't work for me really.
I hope those gamemodes will be added soon!

Thnx for your work beforehand and have a nice day!

Dr.Dre//Dene

I don't project my insecurities on other people.

Dr. Dre: you can test your maps out yourself on your computer.
Just download the server package, compile it, specify the map in the config file, and run the server. There's some helpful documentation on this. Just google "how to set up teeworlds server" and such.
You should be able to see your server under "LAN". You don't have to port forward if you're just testing out maps. You can PM for more info, as this is really kind of vague, but I don't want to put a full-fledged tutorial in this thread.

A is for Apple.

8 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2015-06-11 20:42:37)

@Dr.Dre: Here! Take my ads! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlVixmEte8M
Sry for the sound thought. Old vid.

And yeah. Mods. If I wanted to play DM1 I wouldn't need to create a server. I would join a already created one..

Althought I will not use your services at all in any circumstance. Most Tw players are russians and germans so American servers aren't my thing. European servers would suit most of the players a lot better... Not asking you to buy servers or anything. It's just a fact... I guess? C'mon Dune. Come and correct me.

Also, bananas

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

I tested ctf server.

1. srv only for 8 guys
2. bad lags
3. some troubles with "spectators" . it have not showed at vote options
4. good idea

Thank you for the complete feedback!

Here are the latest changes based on your requests:

- Not actually a change, but kept a minimum length for rcon password smile
- Added zCatch and OpenFNG! woo! If any glitch please report those
- Set default max players to 16 (actually, Teeworlds' default is 8 and you can configure that on MyTw under the Advanced Settings. Fixed it anyway)
- Fixed spectators votes

@heinrich5991: Yep good point, kept it!

@Dr.Dre: As Oblique. said, you can set up a server yourself without much trouble. Just drop me a private message if you want any help from me smile

@HeroiAmarelo: Server is currently hosted in London, UK; which means European ^.^ If things happen to work out well I will probably get another server running at another location for Eastern Europe players (and who knows, maybe America as well...). I'm counting on ads for that (of course I'm not asking you to click on them or anything because I'm not allowed to do so... tongue)

@Murphy: Sorry for the lags! It looks better right now but I'll investigate if I can reduce those somehow. As for the other issues, I've fixed them smile

Thank you guys! I would also like to thank ClanZone for their awesome support (and ChickenMilk 'cause they're really awesome, yknow).

Feel free to send more suggestions! These are what makes me improve the tool ^.^

Lucky

I tried to set up a server DDRace server but it didn't work, a dm worked though.
I don't know where to find the good DDRace config and where to place it under what name.

I will use your OpenFNG thingy smile
Thank you very much for setting this up!

I don't project my insecurities on other people.

12 (edited by Oblique. 2015-06-13 00:11:57)

@Dr.Dre
Assuming that you only downloaded the vanilla server package to attempt to host a DDRace server, you need to go to the ddnet website and download the proper package for your system. Then extract the files to wherever you want.

Open notepad (for Windows) and create your config file:

sv_name "your server name"
sv_rcon_password "your unguessable password"
sv_map "your map you want to test"

Save this file as "autoexec.cfg" under the ddrace folder that you just extracted.

Double click on "DDNet-Server " to start the server.

Open your teeworlds client and click on the LAN tab in the server browser. You should see your server running in your local network.

To reload the map on the server, press f2 on the keyboard, enter your rcon password, type "reload", and hit enter.

By the way, once you finish your map, submit it on the ddnet forums to be officially tested and to be hosted on their servers.

If I left anything out or messed anything up, please correct me.

A is for Apple.

Good day!

Just a little update to tell you that I've moved to a decent server, and lags should be entirely gone now! Woo! Even typing in bold text to feel the joy. Make sure to try it again and see for yourself!

On another note, I've made a short video to promote MyTw, which you can find here. Some say it's funny... Gotta be true!

http://i.imgur.com/mxmBsgY.png

Your feedback and sharing are appreciated! big_smile

Please do tell me what gametypes and features you want to see next, I'm open to anything related to Teeworlds!

See ya there!
Lucky

hahah, good one

That video is totally awesome! xD
I literally opened my mouth full size. I could eat 3 bananas at the same time with my mouth so opened. One of the funniest Teeworlds videos I ever seen.

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Haha, well thought!

Not Luck, Just Magic.

@video: I was like "oh yey, hes gonna show off the getting killed at the top of the map when you go too high"

Then... xDD

Super unexpected ^^

no

Kirby [!Pixlez!] wrote:

@video: I was like "oh yey, hes gonna show off the getting killed at the top of the map when you go too high"

The standard ctf5 map is infinite upwards if I remember correctly.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
Kirby [!Pixlez!] wrote:

The standard ctf5 map is infinite upwards if I remember correctly.

Yep, the map itself is infinite, but the game will still kill you if you go up high.

Thanks for the nice comments guys smile

Here are a few announcements I'm really excited to share with you guys! big_smile
Some of this stuff is not actually new, but I felt like shaping everything altogether was a good idea.

http://mytw.eu/img/news/0-newserver.png
http://mytw.eu/img/news/1-locations.png
http://mytw.eu/img/news/2-gametypes.png
http://mytw.eu/img/news/3-maps.png
http://mytw.eu/img/news/4-video.png
http://mytw.eu/img/news/5-time.png

For those of you who make maps and want to share your work on MyTw, please drop me a PM or add a comment here!
All the info for map submissions is available here.

Here's the server creation page if you guys want to try out the new features

And here's the main page because why not! (← it actually has a new illustration thingy at the top)

Your feedback and comments are still appreciated! big_smile

Thanks,
Lucky

Lucky Guichi wrote:

Your feedback and comments are still appreciated! big_smile

You seem to understand how to market things!

21 (edited by jxsl13 2015-07-04 14:33:34)

Like that hosting environment and the graphics

There seems to be a bug related to having a server without a rcon. (tried with zcatch)

edit: that youtube video is hilarious x)

Teeworlds [ friends ] clan
Some YouTube Stuff about Teeworlds

Yeah, very nice visual presentation! Good luck with your projects, mate! smile

Loving TW since 2010 smile

oh hey i have my own mod and i really want to host is 24/7 cuz all the people on the server hate it when i shut it down cuz i have to shut down computer to go to sleep. can i skype you my mod and can you host it for me 24/7 please? help would be appreciated and any of you guys can help me out too, not just myTW but any of you guys out there can host my mod for me 24/7. And it would be obvious for the server to be hosted in the USA :D

skype- nohack2win555

This looks promising, I like how professional it looks.
Keep up the good work smile

Nice.. thx for the [US] servers

Wes.Mp3 - Now Playing: Celine Teeon - "I'm hooking into you"
Endurance[USA] - CTF5