Topic: Windows 8.1 and tabbing out and in

Dear fellow teeworlds community.
Since I ugraded to Windows 8.1 I have the problem that I can't tab out of the game and then tab back in the game. It just shows a black square in the upper left hand corner. I have installed the newest version 0.6.3 so it's not the problem. And in generall every 0.6 version works like this for me, so it does not matter...
I talked to some friends who are using windows 8.1 too and I am not the only one with this problem. Besides this the game works fine for me.
I hope you can help me and if someone allready asked for help and got help, please send me the and sorry for bothering you.

Re: Windows 8.1 and tabbing out and in

Are you using the minimize command in the f1 console? Is that what you mean by "tabbing in and out"?

A is for Apple.

alt+tab

Press f1 and type this:

bind f5 minimize

This minimizes teeworlds when you press f5.

A is for Apple.

5 (edited by b0red 2015-05-22 20:50:18)

It minimizes, though it has the same effect/problem as Alt+TAB

Sorry about that sad
As I don't use windows, I do not know how to solve this problem. My only suggestion is to switch to Linux smile

A is for Apple.

You could just play without a borderless window, doesn't that work?

I don't project my insecurities on other people.

You could try the latest sdl version.
Download it from here and replace the SDL.dll in your teeworlds folder.

Remember the 80s - good times smile

Tested on Win8 and 8.1, I don't have this issue at all. Have you tried hitting Win+D to Show-Desktop?

Clan: Riot (I'm one of three leaders: Mile, Deku, pie)
Host teeworlds maps on a fng/ctf/dm/ddrace server for testing:http://riotproductions.tk/teewo/ broken-need reinstall nginx http://riotproductions.tk/bounce?whatEven, Teeworlds NA Discord chat

I have windows 8.1 and have never had this issue with Teeworlds. However, I've had similar issues with other games when they were in fullscreen mode, so you if you play in fullscreen then maybe using windowed mode instead will fix it.

I've got two FNG maps which are close to ready for public release, hopefully they'll be on the forums soon! Aforementioned maps are on the back burner. Still doing mapping, but have higher priority map projects.
It should never take 45 seconds to download a map for anyone with a decent connection.

So thanks guys. I tried using borderless windows... and it worked!!! smile
But still there is a bug using full screen, please fix for next version.
Thanks for help smile