1 (edited by Dr.Dre 2015-05-21 00:11:47)

Topic: Need help finding.

As the curious beginner that I am, I wanted to find out some things about the past of Teeworlds/Teewars. And in particular, FNG, my favorite gamemode. When I looked on YouTube for old FNG videos I saw people playing the same map, and I really want to play on this map too. I really like it because it is so basic.
It's an FNG map based on ctf5, made around 2010. This is not openfng5, I believe openfng5 is based on this map.
The map only has 3 shrines. One pit in the middle and 2 on the sides off the map.
You are able to see the map in this video: http://youtu.be/MFQXb7j_OM4

Please reply or PM me if you know anything more about this map, the creator and where I can get it.

Have a nice day!
Dr.Dre//Dene

I don't project my insecurities on other people.

Re: Need help finding.

I know this map from back then. big_smile
I don't know if this works, but you could try this:
Download the old 0.5.2 client from the Downloads section and start it. I bet there are still players and servers on this version (I am not sure, though!). Search for the FNG mod. If you find a server hosting the original FNG mod, it should also feature this map.

It's a pity I've reinstalled Windows on my old notebook, otherwise I still could have had the map lying around in my "downloadedmaps" folder from the old 0.5.2 times...

Loving TW since 2010 smile

Jonas the Roman wrote:

I know this map from back then. big_smile
I don't know if this works, but you could try this:
Download the old 0.5.2 client from the Downloads section and start it. I bet there are still players and servers on this version (I am not sure, though!). Search for the FNG mod. If you find a server hosting the original FNG mod, it should also feature this map.

It's a pity I've reinstalled Windows on my old notebook, otherwise I still could have had the map lying around in my "downloadedmaps" folder from the old 0.5.2 times...

Thanks for the help, I didn't think of that!

I don't project my insecurities on other people.

4 (edited by JonastheRoman 2015-05-21 18:34:16)

Yeah, I also had this "nostalgia-phase" a few years ago and downloaded every version from 0.4 to 0.1. (The most recent version was 0.5.2 back then, it was also the version I started playing.)
I was quite surprised as I saw people actually playing version 0.4, mostly instagib. I asked some guys why they still play the outdated version and they said they wouldn't know. big_smile But there were no servers left in 0.3 and older versions, unfortunately. sad
But you can still set up a LAN server and enjoy some old-school teeworlds. If you manage to do this in 0.2 you can even hear the old hook sound, pure nostalgia (even though I never actually played that version before, but it still felt like that! big_smile)

Man, I also liked the menu of 0.3. You can still find the picture in the teeworlds folder, although it remains unused.
And then the menu of 0.1 just looked weird, but take a look for yourself. I found that version somewhere on the internet back then.

Have fun exploring the past, it's worth it! big_smile

Aw, was hoping that the map you spoke of was ofng-a²-beta. Oh well xD

Jonas the Roman wrote:

Yeah, I also had this "nostalgia-phase" a few years ago and downloaded every version from 0.4 to 0.1. (The most recent version was 0.5.2 back then, it was also the version I started playing.)

Hey! I started playing Teeworlds on 5.x too!

no

Kirby [!Pixlez!] wrote:

Hey! I started playing Teeworlds on 5.x too!

Hello there fellow 0.5'er! smile