Topic: Master server registration not working

Hi,

I have a problem to get my Teeworlds server registered on the master servers. I read a lot of registration errors but the most of the solution did not help me. I set the sv_register to 1 and I configured port forwarding.

Server details:
- The server is on a vserver not at home
- I configured the port 8303 INPUT in iptables on the root server and forward it to the vserver
- I configured 8300 OUTPUT

Here the server configuration:

sv_name BallerBude
sv_port 8303
sv_external_port 0
sv_max_clients 16
sv_max_clients_per_ip 16
sv_high_bandwidth 0
sv_register 1
sv_map dm1
logfile /opt/teeworld/teeworld.log
console_output_level 0
sv_rcon_max_tries 3
sv_rcon_bantime 30
sv_auto_demo_record 0
sv_auto_demo_max 10
ec_bindaddr localhost
ec_bantime 0
ec_auth_timeout 30
ec_output_level 1
sv_warmup 0
sv_scorelimit 30
sv_timelimit 15
sv_gametype dm
sv_maprotation dm1 dm2
sv_rounds_per_map 1
sv_motd Willkommen auf dem OCM Fun Server
sv_spectator_slots 0
sv_teambalance_time 1
sv_spamprotection 1
sv_tournament_mode 1
sv_respawn_delay_tdm 3
sv_teamdamage 1
sv_powerups 1
sv_vote_kick 0
sv_vote_kick_bantime 5
sv_vote_kick_min 3
sv_inactivekick_time 3
sv_inactivekick 2

Thank you for your help!

Tru5T

Tru5T

Re: Master server registration not working

You may have been banned from the masterservers. That happens rarely and only when you break rules. Could you give us your server IP so we can check?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Thank you for your answer but I think I did nothing wrong. It is the first time for me to setup a Teeworlds server. Anyway, I send the IP via PM. Thank you!

Tru5T

Tru5T

You can check masterserverbans here: http://stats.teespace.de/?page=bans

I will be banned if I troll again ...

Thank you. I checked it and the server is not banned. What else could be a problem?

Tru5T

Tru5T

Deepfinder wrote:

You can check masterserverbans here: http://stats.teespace.de/?page=bans

Thank you, I was looking for that page.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

check this out :
1-your ip must internet , some ipis are intranet for own countrys lan play
2- your port must open in firewall input
3- your game mod you runned is buggy (maybe its ctf/dm , old versions will not show on list)

guys do you know where the masters servers come from ? i mean who host them ? ;l

join  my telegram group  teeworld players  :  https://t.me/teeworlds2019
Teeworld Developers group : https://t.me/teeworldsdev

Tru5T wrote:

Thank you. I checked it and the server is not banned. What else could be a problem?

Tru5T

Must be bad port forwarding. You need to allow both ingoing and outgoing TCP/UDP connections on 8303, both in your router and your (potential) firewalls.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Hi,

@alirezakaj3:
Thank you!
1. my IP is Internet because I have some other game servers which work perfect
2. I opened the port 8303 (tcp and udp) for port forwarding and firewall input and output
3. I run different mods on this server through voting (the first mod is dm)

@Dune:
Thank you!
Yes I think you right there is a port forwarding problem but I don't know which port...
I opened the upper port 8303 (udp/tcp, in/out, firewall/router)
Perhaps there is any other port which should be opened and forwarded?? (for heartbeat or something?)

I still get this message:

[553f6888][register]: ERROR: the master server reports that clients can not connect to this server.
[553f6888][register]: ERROR: configure your firewall/nat to let through udp on port 8303.

I cannot understand why it is so difficult to setup a Teeworlds server... I already installed other game servers without any problems...

Thank you for helping!

Tru5T

Tru5T

Something is blocking connections on your port 8303. Have you already successfully opened ports for other game servers?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

yes, for Call of Duty United Offensive and for Counter Strike Source. These games require much more ports and both work. As I already mentioned I think there is still another port which is not documented or something.
Here you can see some screenshots to show my settings:

netstat:
Netstat
iptables:
Iptables
port forwarding:
PortForwarding

Perhaps someone can see a mistake

Tru5T

Tru5T

If you have a firewall blocking outgoing UDP connections, you must open one port and make sure Teeworlds uses it. You opened 8300 but specified:

sv_external_port 0

what makes Teeworlds choose a random port. So just change that to

sv_external_port 8300

You can give big props to Kottizen for figuring that.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

If you have a firewall blocking outgoing UDP connections, you must open one port and make sure Teeworlds uses it. You opened 8300 but specified:

sv_external_port 0

what makes Teeworlds choose a random port. So just change that to

sv_external_port 8300

You can give big props to Kottizen for figuring that.

`sv_external_port` is not the config that Teeworlds uses for its socket, it's just the alternative port to report to the master server, it defaults to `sv_port` if it is 0. `sv_port` is the port for the server socket.

ok I configured:

sv_port 8303
sv_external_port 8300

and I forwarded both ports (tcp/udp, router/firewall, in/out) but still not working...
The error message says that port 8303 udp is not available for users BUT if I connect directly through the IP and the port then I can play on my server... I just cannot see it on the server list...

Tru5T

Tru5T

Can you try without these options in your config file?

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I tried it without these options and same error, any other ideas?

Tru5T

Tru5T

Tru5T wrote:

I tried it without these options and same error, any other ideas?

Tru5T

of course smile
you have programme about anti ddos protection in your vps ! if you have go close it
else same problem : give me remote acess to fix it ! you can pm me

alirezakaj3 wrote:

else same problem : give me remote acess to fix it ! you can pm me

If you know a fix, you should be able to explain it without requesting admin access.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

@alirezakaj3
Thank you for your help. I installed no ddos protection, so I can nothing close.
I'm a little bit careful by giving remote access to foreign people. If you have more possible ideas to solve my problem, so write it, please.

Tru5T

i think its simple and newbie problem ! ican fix by my hands
the remote acess is latest way , how soever you want  smile

Do preclude an error in the Teeworlds configuration I installed the Teeworlds server directly on the root. I used the identical configuration and the registration on the master server works!!

The result is it depends just on the port forwarding. If the users have the IP and the port of my Teeworlds server they can connect without any problems, as already mentioned. So the problem is while the registration process.

Do someone know how exactly this process works?

Tru5T

Tru5T wrote:

Do preclude an error in the Teeworlds configuration I installed the Teeworlds server directly on the root. I used the identical configuration and the registration on the master server works!!

The result is it depends just on the port forwarding. If the users have the IP and the port of my Teeworlds server they can connect without any problems, as already mentioned. So the problem is while the registration process.

Do someone know how exactly this process works?

Do you port-forward in the opposite direction too? That is, do outgoing packets from your Teeworlds server get the external port? Now that I think about it, I'd bet that this is the problem.

23 (edited by Tru5T 2015-05-04 17:05:35)

@heinrich5991
I think I need no port forwarding in the other side, it is just necessary to open the OUTPUT port with iptables (in this case 8300).

I checked my iptables log file and I saw the following line:

May  3 18:00:04 OCM kernel: [1274147.221044] INPUT - IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=50:46:5d:a1:9b:4d:f8:c0:01:cb:29:1e:08:00 SRC=188.165.209.72 DST=MYIP_ADDRESS LEN=42 TOS=0x08 PREC=0x20 TTL=56 ID=42157 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=8301 DPT=8300 LEN=22

After this I added this port for INPUT to my iptables script and I added a port forwarding rule for this port, but I still cannot found the server on the master server list and the error is still there...

Here two netstat screenshots (maybe there is something wrong?):
netstat_root
netstat_gaming

I think I know the problem refer to the screenshots you can see the virtual server is listening on :::8303 but my root cannot forward ipv6 addresses, so how can I disable ipv6 on teeworlds?

Tru5T

Tru5T wrote:

@heinrich5991
I think I need no port forwarding in the other side, it is just necessary to open the OUTPUT port with iptables (in this case 8300).

If you only do one side, the following might happen:
client -> server:8303 -> server:8300
server:8300 -> client

@heinrich5991
Now I think I know what you mean

I configured port forwarding for ipv4 and ipv6:
- only udp
- 8303/8300 (INPUT and DPT (Destination Port)
- 8300 (OUTPUT and DPT)

After I configured ipv6 and the upper information I got the following iptables log entry:

May  5 17:46:51 OCM kernel: [13269.588996] INPUT - IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=50:46:5d:a1:9b:4d:f8:c0:01:cb:29:1e:08:00 SRC=198.251.81.153 DST=MYIP_ADDRESS LEN=42 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=54 ID=0 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=8301 DPT=59892 LEN=22

If I understand this entry right I have a big problem now...
I think this is what heinrich5991 means, but how can I solve this problem? Port forwarding through source port is not possible or?
I hope someone can help me because I think I'm almost solved the problem...
Thank you!

Tru5T