1 (edited by Kirbs 2014-12-23 16:44:48)

Topic: Kirby Deathmatch 1.0 [MAP]

Yes, I have found a graphics error in this map. Don't tell me again, someone else already pointed me out to it.

Hey guys, I've been inactive in the TW community for a time now, and I absolutely love this game, and just couldn't forget about it, so...

I will upload a map I made a few months ago. It's one of my many DM maps I've made, but I think it's my best attempt at a vanilla map.
https://s22.solidfilesusercontent.com/M … 0/Kdm1.map

http://i.imgur.com/BEVui38.png

http://i.imgur.com/kDfsEN0.png

It's best suited for 3 players, but I'm sure most could be happy with 4 or less, in the case of TDM or something like that.

It has :
2 Rocket Launchers,
2 Shotguns,
8 shield points,
10 health points,
and 4 spawn points.

http://i.imgur.com/h94KRl8.png

It is obviously a DM map, but as I noted before the last image, I'm sure TDM can be used as well, since its just DM with teams. Anyone who wants to try or use it and doesn't exactly want/know/care/give a crap about running a server can go to my server , password turkey: 184.0.115.233:8303

Also, feel free to use it on your server as long as you don't say it is yours.

EDIT: Ooops, the images I uploaded were with HD off, so.... let's just say that you can try it yourself if you want to see my crappy background image that I made for this map.

no

Re: Kirby Deathmatch 1.0 [MAP]

Holy shit, I've never seen such a handling of the sun. That is simply brilliant. I might copy that technique. Thanks for sharing that!

Move along, nothing to see here, really.

3 (edited by Kirbs 2014-12-22 21:04:34)

TheDerero wrote:

Holy shit, I've never seen such a handling of the sun. That is simply brilliant. I might copy that technique. Thanks for sharing that!

I came up with it on the spot big_smile
4 years of looking at the dev's awesome map graphics should say something, I guess.

Also, thanks! I really did not expect praise for the graphics, but thanks! Your comment inspires me to make more maps with that wavy ray (Wavy Lays?) technique. Also, how is the layout?

no

I cannot quite give you any thoughts about the layout, for I haven't played Vanilla game modes in a decent amount of time and I only play Race now. I only do maps for that game mode, too. But I would suggest, not having such open spaces. It takes away the speed and excitement of the game. Try setting up something, where people can actually develop rather interesting techniques. I realize that's very hard, but after some days or months of practice, I'm sure you'll be more advanced in your mapping knowledge.
As far as the design is concerned: I don't believe, you meant anything real by those mountains. But as I said, that sun looks rather interesting. You can check out my maps here on the forums if you want, so you can learn some other designing techniques (lol self advertising).
Keep it up.

5 (edited by Kirbs 2014-12-23 16:33:31)

TheDerero wrote:

I cannot quite give you any thoughts about the layout, for I haven't played Vanilla game modes in a decent amount of time and I only play Race now.  I would suggest, not having such open spaces. It takes away the speed and excitement of the game. Try setting up something, where people can actually develop rather interesting techniques. I realize that's very hard, but after some days or months of practice, I'm sure you'll be more advanced in your mapping knowledge.
As far as the design is concerned: I don't believe, you meant anything real by those mountains. But as I said, that sun looks rather interesting.
Keep it up.

big_smile
It feels speedy to me, but whatever. Personally I thought I made it a bit too tight. Also, thanks for the constructive criticism.  I do have quite an idea of what to put in a map, where to put objects for speedy maneuvers, etc. My maps are generally suited for myself.  A question for you: have you played this map? (That's all with respect to the criticizer, of course, I doubt that you would give pointers to someone on a map that you haven't played.) Again, thanks for the constructive criticism, people normally just give me shit remarks about it my map, instead of actually being competent humans and saying what they like and don't like, and what should be changed. Also, what do you mean with the mountains? big_smile I think I might go make a different map now. By the way- just saying to what you said- I too have had years of practice, so I am pretty advanced in my mapping knowledge. (Doesn't mean I always use that knowledge yikes) (Again, I say this with respect.)

no

6 (edited by 2gethR 2014-12-23 16:28:12)

By the mountains I mean
img1
(the rear mountain is somehow tilted) and

img2
(the para shouldn't be -x for mountains).

Also, yes, I did play it, even with friends.

7 (edited by Kirbs 2014-12-23 16:42:58)

I like tilted mountains. But yes, tilted mountains don't make sense, considering that I can literally step outside my house and view the Appalachian Mountains, and the parts that I can view are not tilted big_smile. Also, why shouldn't it be -x for mountains? (Forget what I just said, I just noticed why I shouldn't do that...) (I didn't doubt you had played it, just asking.) Edit: Oh bleep, I just noticed something wrong with the mountains and how I can fix it. But I won't fix it here, I'll just not make that mistake again. So... This comment just became kind of obsolete.

no

Amazing, glad I could help.
Good luck with your future maps!