1 (edited by GreenReaper 2014-04-21 14:22:08)

Topic: [REQUEST/IDEA] Map-Redesign

Hey All,

I want to redesign all (standard) maps, i like this simple (bad word for this) comic style but i think, it would look awesome with high resolution textures.
I tried it with HD textures i found on the internet, but it wasn't very beautiful, so I added some blur and it became a bit prettier, but still not perfect.
[screens will be added later]

The textures have to fit when they are drawn in a row without looking trashy.

Does anyone has Textures that could fit, or an Idea where to find such?
And what do you think about my idea? Bullshit or attemptable?

mfg

GreenTee // GreenReaper

first Screenshot (not finished, don't worry!):
http://i.epvpimg.com/TjnWg.jpg

Textures taken from:
Minecraft HD Texture Pack by Misa

Re: [REQUEST/IDEA] Map-Redesign

HD textures can not follow KISS, so it won't be teeish. If you really want to do this you could search for minecraft HD textures, I think they fit your criteria. Anyway in my opinion HD does not fit to teeworlds, well maybe you can convince me from opposite. And keep in mind normal skins will look weird on these maps.

Luck is allowed

HMH wrote:

HD textures can not follow KISS, so it won't be teeish. If you really want to do this you could search for minecraft HD textures, I think they fit your criteria. Anyway in my opinion HD does not fit to teeworlds, well maybe you can convince me from opposite. And keep in mind normal skins will look weird on these maps.

You're right with better Graphics there're more problems and more work to do, but i think it's time for something new and fresh. Also I don't want "real" HD textures, just others or a bit better ones, that's teeworlds not battlefield :D. Great tip, thanks! They are in a higher resolution but not as difficult to adapt as other textures. I agree, .. thought about this too, but I think there're a lot of skins available for teeworlds, some must fit, otherwise with some editing they may fit on the new maps.

I will try it with the Minecraft HD textures and post some screens (asap), i hope it works and thanks for the tip! :)

Nice initiative, I'm looking forward to see what you get! Post some screenshots maybe when you get some result? smile

Not Luck, Just Magic.

5 (edited by GreenReaper 2014-04-21 14:22:59)

Okay a first Screenshot:
http://i.epvpimg.com/TjnWg.jpg

Textures taken from:
Minecraft HD Texture Pack by Misa

I haven't changed anything except the "earth part". The grass is the original, i cutted it out and pasted it over the "new earth".

I think it's pretty dark, but it has something. It's not finished, but i think the idea wasn't so bad: With a view adjustments and maybe another texture pack it could be pretty cool.

What do you think about it?

Do not use directupload..

I will be banned if I troll again ...

Deepfinder wrote:

Do not use directupload..

Okay changed.. but why?

HQ textures? If anyone is in need of high resolution PNGs we can easily render them.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Landil wrote:

HQ textures? If anyone is in need of high resolution PNGs we can easily render them.

That would be awesome!

Thanks in advance!

10 (edited by 2014-04-21 22:31:53)

For what reason do you need them?

And which graphics do you need?

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.

Why not upload all graphics (vectorgraphics) to github?

Luck is allowed

12 (edited by GreenReaper 2014-04-21 23:00:09)

Landil wrote:

For what reason do you need them?

I want to create a client with better graphics, including maps, skins, effects (..), to get a new game-experience. Of course this game isn't created to impress with the graphic, but i think that is no reason not to change something smile

Landil wrote:

And which graphics do you need?

The maptextures (mapres), but at first grassmain would last out to check if it fits.

HMH wrote:

We do not have official vector graphics. Most of the graphics were done by former graphic artists (red_com, maikka ...) who do not have them anymore.

We redrew some of them, but as it is still beta we/I do not wanna publish them.

Landil wrote:
HMH wrote:

We do not have official vector graphics. Most of the graphics were done by former graphic artists (red_com, maikka ...) who do not have them anymore.

We redrew some of them, but as it is still beta we/I do not wanna publish them.

Which ones have you already redrawn and which are missing? I could redraw some graphics too (maybe with some adjustments? or in original stil) if you need help.

http://i.solidfiles.net/ead019172e.png
If you experience any tiling problems pls let me know.

Landil wrote:

Is it intentional that the tile with the size of 1x1 is missing in the tileset?

heinrich5991 wrote:
Landil wrote:

Is it intentional that the tile with the size of 1x1 is missing in the tileset?

which one?

This one:
1 by 1

Zeta-Hoernchen wrote:

This one:
1 by 1

We have not drawn it, yet.