Topic: [IDEA] Caching server list in the client

What about saving all server ips in a file instead of requesting them always from master servers. I believe most good servers have a static ip so refreshing would not be needed that often also this would cause less stress for master servers and you could find servers even if master servers are down. smile

Luck is allowed

Re: [IDEA] Caching server list in the client

This way you would request information of many servers which are not even online.

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Is this a big problem ? I think if these servers do not respond a few times they could be deleted.

Luck is allowed

Moved out of the original topic.

This feature exists. It's called favorites.

But this feature is restricted to 256 servers and does not update automatically yikes . So I see no reason why the serverlist should not be cached, at least while the client is running.

Luck is allowed

I like HMH's idea, and I think it would be at least a temporary fix for the stupid master server bug that will never show all servers.

Broken wrote:

I like HMH's idea, and I think it would be at least a temporary fix for the stupid master server bug that will never show all servers.

I believe it's not a bug per se, I think it's the traffic that is needed to get the whole list which doesn't get completely to the client.

I think we already had that topic during the Great DDoS of 2013. It's a valid idea though wouldn't really speed up the serverlist loading. What takes most time is requesting the individual servers. Serverlist data from the masters is usually just ~5 packets.

Just raise the favorites cap.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

11 (edited by unsigned char* 2014-01-14 20:48:02)

Ummm.. this like server list outdated..

Perhaps, best is make a server list paged by scrollbar... https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/i … d=30566237

The client says to master server: Ey! b*tch! tell me how many servers you have.......... pls (Filtered by ...)
The master says: b*tch your mom! i have 1500 servers...
The client says to master server: xD Sry! its a joke smile i need a list of 100 servers starts in 50 order by ...
The master says: Oh! ummm... interesting.. only need 100 and not 700 or more? Happy to me big_smile

How works youtube playlist when load Thumbnails of videos...

Ummm... i see the problem... if one server its created or removed the order of the list is fucked big_smile
Ummm or not... this "chunk" of server list is reuploaded and the positions of the list are updated. tongue