26 (edited by Neox 2013-07-16 20:47:50)

Re: [MOD] Monster

SteelTermite wrote:
Neox76 wrote:

If someone can compile it for Linux...

I successfully compiled the Monster server for Linux (although I had to add #include "math.h" in src/base/vmath.h). The binary is 64 bit. If you want a 32 bit binary, please let me know.

The Linux binary can be found here (md5sum 05d645fe0e63cf6cf1b1d5db77f8df00).

Thank you smile If I can get the 32 bit too, it would be nice.

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

27 (edited by SteelTermite 2013-07-16 21:58:54)

I have no experience with bam, so either I look into it, or I use a 32 bit Linux live cd to compile the server.

--------------------------------------

At last, I've managed to compile a 32 bit binary on a 64 bit system. I didn't test the executable, however.

The 32 bit Linux binary can be found here (md5sum 88dad314f6510ad26762824510536a5e).

Willem fixed it again... big_smile

Hey, can someone tell me how i can set a Rcon-Console Password for my monster Server?
I dont really get it?

30 (edited by HMH 2013-07-17 16:32:48)

Download for Macintosh here

I played this mod serveral times now.
That is why I have some ideas to improve it:

1. option to give some of own score to another player because if you join at wave 40+ it is nearly impossible to get any score

2. shop: if you got killed and bought this item you will respawn and get a second chance

3. different monsters in one wave

4. option to create own waves

5. winpossibilities since I think it gets boring after hundreds of waves with same monsters:

a) final wave with a boss monster

b) final wave with ninja, soldier and sniper big_smile

c) something else

6. this would add more alternation to monster mod: ctmf-wave = capture the monsters flag: like ctf but monsters can not get a flag and need more time to respawn (players can not respawn if a monster killed them)
after x captures: new wave

@ running_tee: have a look at this page https://www.teeworlds.com/?page=docs&am … erSettings

Luck is allowed

running_tee wrote:

Hey, can someone tell me how i can set a Rcon-Console Password for my monster Server?

Add

sv_rcon_password RconPass

to your configuration file.

For example, my monster.cfg looks like

sv_name Teeworlds Monster - Private
sv_map ctf5
sv_register 1
sv_rcon_password Secret
sv_inactivekick_time 120
sv_vote_kick 0
sv_vote_spectate 0
wall_lenght 1000
password AlsoSecret

SteelTermite wrote:

Add
sv_rcon_password RconPass
to your configuration file.
For example, my monster.cfg looks like

The Problem is that i can´t find that configuration file.
I downloaded Neox Version of Monster for Windows and now i can´t find it.

There is no configuration file by default, you have to create your own. Without a configuration file, default settings are used and the Remote Console is disabled because no password is set.

If you have made a configuration file, like monster.cfg above, you should specify the path to this file when starting the server. You do this with the -f option (see here).

34 (edited by running_tee 2013-07-17 17:41:33)

Yeah but then i can´t make a Monster server, just a normal one.
I wanna make the normal ctf5 Monster server with the password.

Everything workes perfectly now. Thanks for your help.

this mod has been fun i think a suggestion is to make a final wave so you can complet it, kind of gives you a goal. maybe make like 1 incredibly strong bot and everyone explodes when you beat it just to be funny.

I love this mod! It's great! Here's some of my favorite parts!

- How easy it is. I play a video game to relax, not to be challenged. This mod's perfect if you don't want to think ever!
- Spam. I love how spammy it is. You don't even have to aim. Just stand still and hold down the fire button!
- The upgrades. Infinite ammo + regenerating health? Oh boy! My favorites! I love the upgrades! I use these kinds of cheats all the time when I play games. I don't have time to die, it's easier if you just can't die

Thanks for making this mod! It's amazing!

Ex-King of Teeworlds

37 (edited by KChris 2017-08-13 00:10:54)

-deleted-

Lazy dev

heeey, my english is very bad, but i love this mod <3

One Ask: What is this Code,  which you can use as Vote for "add 20 points all(for noob)"?

On my Server i don´t have this vote and i want it to add to my config-file for this Monster-Mod.

Thanks, Andre smile

Andre92 wrote:

One Ask: What is this Code,  which you can use as Vote for "add 20 points all(for noob)"?

On my Server i don´t have this vote and i want it to add to my config-file for this Monster-Mod.

It is not available. You are talking about a customization someone made in the source code of the Monster mod. Your server will not have this option, unless you patch the source code. wink

Arch Linux users, see packages for some Teeworlds mod here! wink

yemDX wrote:

I love this mod! It's great! Here's some of my favorite parts!
- How easy it is. I play a video game to relax, not to be challenged.

You actually play a video game to entertain yourself.

privet

Yet you can be entertained in so many ways.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

42 (edited by HMH 2013-09-01 00:58:48)

I just got kicked at wave 164 by some other players.
Now I am pretty wrathful about this. mad mad mad

So my question is: Could you make vote kick and vote move to spectators disabled on standard?

Luck is allowed

I would like to say that I'm sorry for not doing any update, I'm really busy on some other projects (even if it's not coding), so I really don't have time to code on Teeworlds. I'm even not doing updates on NX mods (which are mine, and which are not public).

There's still a crashbug on the Monster mod, I would like to fix it but I have to investigate a lot of time on it...

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

44 (edited by allu 2013-10-10 12:58:08)

How about setting in source that this mod reports always something else then VANILLA mod in server tab?

Not only is this forbidden (To report a modded server as Vanilla server to masterservers) and should lead to server being banned from masterservers, Its also annoying the hell out of me hmm

Just change it to report it as MONSTER or something, not DM.

Read here about server rules.
https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtop … 70#p107170

Thank you.

BBCodes I'd like to see: [youtube]

The servers already report monster as gametype yikes . Where did you found the dm monsterserver ? If there is one I am sure it is a modified version.

Luck is allowed

HMH wrote:

The servers already report monster as gametype yikes . Where did you found the dm monsterserver ? If there is one I am sure it is a modified version.

Some modifications don't remove the DM/TDM/CTF gametypes so you can set these as well as "Monster".

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I tested to set the gametype of my monsterserver to dm but this was not successful. Anyway I found a server with dm instead of Monster as gametype reportet mad IP:  134.255.225.141 (port: 8301).

Luck is allowed

48 (edited by raphaelo99 2013-10-14 18:15:10)

SteelTermite wrote:
Neox76 wrote:

If someone can compile it for Linux...

I successfully compiled the Monster server for Linux (although I had to add #include "math.h" in src/base/vmath.h). The binary is 64 bit. If you want a 32 bit binary, please let me know.

The Linux binary can be found here (md5sum 05d645fe0e63cf6cf1b1d5db77f8df00).

thanks for this post
@Neox76 it's still the old source, I've updated the source.
Pls change the download link to this source : Monster md5:80bd708b1f985178a19fdde1a0a8d0cc

It's a awesome mod big_smile

What did you update raphaelo99, did you fix the bug ?

Luck is allowed

50 (edited by IiIRicardoIiI 2013-10-31 18:27:06)

because the other servers have votes as special bonus points and relive all? can someone tell me how I can put on my serves too? (For win 32)