Topic: Player required for Data Mining on war3 =)

Hello Teeworlds Community !

We are a group of students in a french university and we are trying to profil players (attacking, defending, noobs, pros...). In order to do so we need datas ( = players on our server ^^).

We made a (python) software that can analyse logs from 0.5 to 0.6 servers. It would also work on the normal version, but only for basic events that are already logged. We added logging information to the war3mod made by Rahj (very fun by the way) and our version is giving a lot more gaming informations. Ultimately, we could generate reports, make statistics and maybe integrate the profiling part in Teeworlds. We also are beggining to have a good understanding of the code and we are willing to make the server more fun.

But, for now the data mining part is happening in Matlab and we need datas ! We have a server running at asi-13-teeworlds.insa-rouen.fr:8306 (194.254.15.214:8306) also known as : 'War3- Warsong-Gulch InsaDeRouen DataMining' but it is always empty. sad

We would very much appreciate if some of you could play on it. We play sometime but we're not good enough and we need datas from "professional player" in order to know what a professional player look like ^^

So, next time you don't know where to play, remember our server ^^

asi-13-teeworlds.insa-rouen.fr:8306 <= War3 mod server, actually searching for players to profil smile

Re: Player required for Data Mining on war3 =)

I'll try and play on it! smile

Ex-King of Teeworlds

3 (edited by eeeee 2013-05-13 11:06:35)

Instead of instrumenting a server you should rather add logging to a teeworlds client. Then launch several copies of the logging client and spectate some popular servers. This way you will get a LOT more data.

I used to gather stats this way, can give you a headless client patchset if you're interested.

PS: Professional players don't play War3 tongue

Omg this is such a good idea.

In fact at the beggining of the project we wanted to make a server with statistics reports and other services. (So we had to make everything server-side in order to provide a website for people with a normal teeworlds client.) But for datas only the client solution is so much better. It's a shame we didn't think about the client when we decided to analyse datas. I wish i posted this message earlier !

Does a client is aware of the activity of every tee on the map or juste the one he can "see" ? We retroengineered mostly the server, so i'm really interested by your patchset !

We like the war3 mod very much but it sure have some weakness. We are planning to make our own mod (because it's funnier than just extracting data ^^). What are the gamedesign you don't like in war3 ?  And what are the most popular mods in teeworlds ? smile

asi-13-teeworlds.insa-rouen.fr:8306 <= War3 mod server, actually searching for players to profil smile

Prof_Revest wrote:

Does a client is aware of the activity of every tee on the map or juste the one he can "see" ? We retroengineered mostly the server, so i'm really interested by your patchset !

The client is only able to see what it can see. However, to view a specific player, you can spectate him, which is a serverside function that allows you to receive very similar messages to the tee you're spectating.

Prof_Revest wrote:

We like the war3 mod very much but it sure have some weakness. We are planning to make our own mod (because it's funnier than just extracting data ^^). What are the gamedesign you don't like in war3 ?  And what are the most popular mods in teeworlds ? smile

Best for data mining are probably just plain vanilla (game modes DM, TDM, CTF, that is), or their instagib variants (iCTF, ...).

If you're asking for the most played mods, it pretty much boils down to racing mods. There are some that are very near to the vanilla play style like plain 'Race', and others which have heavily modded teeworlds, like 'DDRace' for example.