1 (edited by Broken 2013-04-03 10:59:27)

Topic: [MAP] ctf_moxie

My attempt at a 3v3 ctf.  Thanks to Regate for a really nice tileset.

http://i48.tinypic.com/9zxfzq.png

http://www.mediafire.com/?4syk6vqnfc8jpeo

2 (edited by Zatline 2013-02-18 14:57:27)

Re: [MAP] ctf_moxie

I added this map to the map working group folders, maybe we can create a similar map which is inspired by your's...
I actually like the construction of this map! big_smile

Nice idea and well done... smile

Thanks Zatline and I'd be honored, I definitely think it might benefit some adjustments.

4 (edited by yemDX 2013-02-21 22:44:10)

ctf_bat

Also way too little pickups for 3v3

Ex-King of Teeworlds

It has 1 more heart and 1 more shield than ctf3.... :S

This map is great... wow... great work, Broken!

no

7 (edited by yemDX 2013-02-22 02:34:21)

Broken wrote:

It has 1 more heart and 1 more shield than ctf3.... :S

Oh! My mistake.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

... Yeah.. oops, the blue side has more pickups! You need to put those pickups on the red side too...

no

Lord Kirby [HDP] wrote:

... Yeah.. oops, the blue side has more pickups! You need to put those pickups on the red side too...

Actually, the map DOES have symmetrical pickups. You'd know if you actually played it. Thanks for showing that you just praised this map without even playing it. lol

Ex-King of Teeworlds

10 (edited by Kirbs 2013-02-22 02:38:18)

... Praising the screenshot? I did play it. ... Maybe I just didn't go down there.. I don't even remember seeing anything but the middle, and payed no attention to much but the color of the tiles, and the gameplay (I am half asleep)
Edit:// .. Ooops.. Ok, just played it again, and sure enough.. You are right yemDX.

no

11 (edited by Broken 2013-02-22 09:08:17)

Thanks kirby!

Also for those curious to know ctf3 has 2710 free tiles while my map has 1991. I reduced the size because of increased maneuverability, but didn't realize how much smaller it was. Could be redesigned for 2v2. Ctf7 is 1560 free blocks.

I'd say your map has equal gameplay for vertical and horizontal maneuvers around objects. Where as, ctf5 has a bit faster horizontal gameplay than this, but the vertical gameplay isn't a shining star on ctf5.
A very unique map indeed. I will definitely play this one in the Saturday Family GameNight. (Teeworlds)

no

13 (edited by Broken 2013-04-03 10:58:55)

Thanks to a beautiful tileset made by Regate, I've updated the maps graphics with I think good results.

download is updated

I will upload a finished version of the tileset this week or the next, with unhookables, doodads and main.
I will also upload the svg files for those who want tweak it.

good map xD

Please use an english signature //heinrich5991

Added to the Map Dev server.

Broken, sorry for messing with your map, but I saw some odd parts of the map, where there was just plain flat tileset, without texture. I tried to change it to a textured texture, but no luck. So I just got the jungle main tiles, made them green, and dark, like the background of the map, assembled them with automapper, and there it was.

I probably should have asked before I did this, but it's too late now. Here it is: http://mapbase.tee-stats.de/maps/ctf_moxieassembled.map

Name: ctf_moxieassembled

I personally like the original stuff better, because its diffrent, and it was put on the map by the map maker.

But this stuff almost looks the same... or not.

no

18 (edited by Broken 2013-04-06 05:54:05)

Hey it's no problem. That doesn't look half bad. I was going for kind of a different, funky style.

Like I like to say, funky/different = awesome. I think the gameplay on this map tops even ctf5!
I will definitely play this map during the weekly Teeworlds party.

Good choice of background, too.

After a while of playing this map, some people might find it to be like a map that has good gameplay, but doesn't look anything like normal. 

Some people might not like it to be different, but the gameplay more than makes up for it.

10/10 stars!

no

The map has been updated with the finished tileset. Minor additions and glitch fixes.

(y)!

Me gusta

Once in a century...

are you see "Whenever you created a map, please put some effort in your post and make sure it contains at least the following elements. This allows players to see exactly what they can expect on your map and gives them a good idea if they want to download your map. It's very helpful to both you as a creator, the community as potential players and it also gives the forum some structure by which it can function.
1. Clean topic's title - [MAP] Insert your map name
2. Gametype - Standard gameplay or for mods?
3. Version - Have there been any previous releases, if yes, what has changed?
4. Screenshots - If possible an full overview shot from the editor and some highlights
5. Download link - Try to pick a hosting service without registration, many adds or download limitations
It is also advisable to take a look and work by the General Rules. Failing to do so could potentially inflict (serious) measures against your posting freedom. On the other hand, if you follow them your maps will be seen by many and can get great praise and rewarding from the community." at rules?

Maper,PRO Blocker.....Blockers call me to 1on1(please) smile

why did you post that