1 (edited by yemDX 2011-04-04 05:14:19)

Topic: [COMMUNITY] Exodus Gaming Community wants your feedback! v2

Exodus Gaming Community

Hey guys, I'm the Teeworlds Moderator over at Exodus Gaming Community.
We're currently hosting two 0.6 dev build Teeworlds servers (CTF server with ctf2 on default, and a private server, whose password is "headsup"), and our server is located in Chicago, USA, and I'd like some feedback and/or suggestions.

I've got a couple questions for you guys:
1) What can we do currently to improve the quality of our servers?
2) What mods need a good server in the USA?
We've got plenty of room for improvement and more servers, and we'd like to know what you think. Feel free to hit us up at our website, too.

Also, if you need a good server to host an event like a tournament, feel free to ask in this thread, on our forums, or ask me in-game. I'd be glad to do it.

-yemDX

Exodus Gaming Community

Yes, this is a carbon copy of Prulez' post from a year ago.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Re: [COMMUNITY] Exodus Gaming Community wants your feedback! v2

Hey,

In my opinion, you shouldn't try to host 24/7 servers and start tournaments on the 0.6 devlopment version, it's really an unstable version, and you should wait 0.6 to come before orgainzing events on this.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Yes, 0.6 trunk is available for everybody. Does that mean everybody should host a 0.6 trunk server? No, it means there should be some for testing purposes, but that's it. We don't change to 0.6 right now. In fact it can be even very problematic for you, because the netversion is very likely to change frequently which means you would have to update your server like every 30 minutes to be sure it is compatible with the latest clients. Also it's very likely that there is still a good amount of bugs in it, so it's very unstable, as Dune already said.

Of course we can't force you to use 0.5 until 0.6.0 is released but we really recommend doing so!
Please only use it for testing purposes and wait till 0.6.0 is released!

ghost91 wrote:

Yes, 0.6 trunk is available for everybody. Does that mean everybody should host a 0.6 trunk server? No, it means there should be some for testing purposes, but that's it. We don't change to 0.6 right now. In fact it can be even very problematic for you, because the netversion is very likely to change frequently which means you would have to update your server like every 30 minutes to be sure it is compatible with the latest clients. Also it's very likely that there is still a good amount of bugs in it, so it's very unstable, as Dune already said.

Of course we can't force you to use 0.5 until 0.6.0 is released but we really recommend doing so!

I think ghost is right, because if the server list grows, it's somewhat harder to find a test server. If you really want to host a test server, please run it with a debugger (like gdb) to provide backtraces on crashes.

heinrich5991 wrote:
ghost91 wrote:

I think ghost is right, because if the server list grows, it's somewhat harder to find a test server. If you really want to host a test server, please run it with a debugger (like gdb) to provide backtraces on crashes.

Thanks for the replies, we were actually getting ready to put some 0.5.2 servers up. Personally, I'd like USA players to be able to test the 0.6 trunk clients with good ping, and play with others with the same ping.

If this truly is an issue, we can take them down, more likely than not we will not be using the servers to test anything.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

You're back! Finally!
At this moment I haven't tried 0.6 yet, neither do I have time to. But I would defintely like to see the DDrace, zomb, and iCtf (If you don't already have it) servers back again. We had good times before everyone started crashing tongue

USA pride. What now.

can only have a limited amount of servers, Fazer, not as many as last time as far as I know o_o

fazer! wrote:

You're back! Finally!
At this moment I haven't tried 0.6 yet, neither do I have time to. But I would defintely like to see the DDrace, zomb, and iCtf (If you don't already have it) servers back again. We had good times before everyone started crashing tongue

We're going to be skimpy on servers as alias has said. After 0.6.0 is actually released, we'll probably have a private server, a CTF server, and maybe a DDRace one.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

Please add restart vote to your servers. Thank you.

10 (edited by HeroiAmarelo 2013-03-19 23:18:31)

I love ponies // Dune

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Zgokee wrote:

Please add restart vote to your servers. Thank you.

Thank you for saying this on the forums instead of in-game, or in a PM, where it would be much easier to see your message, as I hardly frequent the forums any more.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

12 (edited by Kirbs 2013-03-27 02:10:05)

ICTF needs more servers, not that there aren't a lot of them, but just more US ICTF servers, and ones that aren't duel Instagib. And those that aren't duel are all private (mine is private), except a few. I would appreciate it if you hosted some more US ICTf servers.

no

I host Inspire iCtf I and Inspire iCtf II as well as Wallshot iCtf.