1 (edited by TsFreddie 2013-03-07 16:43:27)

Topic: Expectations from China

Hi, developers. Here's Freddie from China.

I have known this game since 2010.
It's was 0.5 version at that time.
When 0.6 comes out, I'm surprised that Teeworlds has been changed its font system and built in multi-languages support. I translate teeworlds immediately. Once my friends post this game on lots of forums in China, and we got about a hundred people play this game in a short week, and more people has known this game.

So, here are some expectations to Teeworlds from China.

1.Asian Language Supporting
We found its font didn't support Chinese or Japanese. So please support Asian Language officially by using the WenQuanYi MicroHei font which is support most of language in the world, and optimization font system to load the font faster.

2.Please support Input Method Editor in Teeworlds.
Communicate in Teeworlds it's too difficult to Asian user, we have to talk with phonetic which is really hard to read.
And I found the SDL1.3 or the newest 2.0 has Text Input API which supports IME well. Please replace the KeyPressEvent in Lineinput with TextInputEvent. Maybe it's hard to trans 1.2 to 2.0, but 1.3 it's easy to use as 1.2.

3.Never give up!
We love this game, although we show up too late. But we still are fans of Teeworlds. Like xb says "replace the game"(LOL). So, please keep in progress and update.  We will always support the project in any way.

Thanks. smile

Greet from China!
Teeworlds Chinese Website