51 (edited by Broken 2013-01-20 03:26:42)

Re: InoT [CTF Tournament] #2

Dune wrote:
yemDX wrote:

I stopped reading there. That's not a reason. If you think that's a reason, the rest of your post isn't worth reading. Just because something is new or "fresh" doesn't mean it's good in any way. Sorry if the rest of your post is actually worth laying my eyes on.

The map being different than the usual doesn't mean it's garbage. Experience it.

Please trust that the critics here are not criticizing the map because it's different.

Far from it. In fact this map mostly copies a lot of ctf2 movement patterns and makes them a bit worse. As for specific criticisms; the health is crazily unevenly spread, with massive amounts in the base which encourages camping with the flag; the graphics are terrible for several reasons, one they look spattered with no variation, two the color combinations are very uglys (bright green bush with pea green?), three the random owls spattered all over and mutated like some kid excited over his first map editor, three many graphics fails and sloppy and lazy graphics. The movement, what is good in it, is mostly a repeat of ctf2 patterns, except with more paths (which is probably the only good thing in the map) and more platforms and sharper turns (not a good thing). The weapons are badly placed  and proportioned and the map is slightly too large for 3v3.

shrek wrote:

Can you make a map is better than this?

Can I make a better map? Yes, I can. Not much need as I can pick many better maps already made. Just take one of Nilaya's CTF maps all of which are better.

52 (edited by Cart 2013-01-20 04:00:58)

Chill guys. Sonix said that the map is ok so I'm cool with the map. He has got a reason to say it(though I really dunno why). Nevertheless I haven't even seen the map in tws but I assumed that the scetch is in original size(maybe shilds and hearts are displayed wrongly dunno).
Anyway. Please consider what I said already: If you like the map play it and if not then let it. If other guys have fun with it let them have fun. I guess there are many disliking my favorite fly maps cause.. yeah cause they are flymaps.^^
I really like it(although I'm not playing anymore) that there is someone who is hosting an event. Pay some respect. It was just that I just had to say something about this for me aweful looking map. Don't wanted that this event will be seem worse than it is and that people are hating here.

Btw: Team J reserved for Team Jambi.:(

[21:15:20] Tom-d1ed: das ist ja mal so
[21:15:21] Tom-d1ed: extrem schlecht

Nice sentiments "AMERICA MAN" ;P I really am not meaning to be overly negative. I firgured it would be a simple suggestion out of respect for the players involved. If the majority think this is a high quality map, far be it from me to spoil the party. You notice I started my particular post with positive comments but he did ask for specifics.

I did test it ingame and I think this map is ridiculous. It is definitely too huge for 3v3. The ways are too unbalanced, pickup placement is mostly random, structure allows spamming almost through the whole map. Probably movement is the only good thing there. How's that gonna be played 3v3 - i have no idea.

Why not use the official maps if its going to be a vanilla ctf tournament? But the map you have there looks like a remake of ctf2 ^^

P.S (Thanks YemDX)

no

I think that a tournament on the official maps are not worth it. On these maps you can play outside the tournament.

I agree with the idea, but you could ask more experienced mapmaker to create a map for tournament, or even use already existing custom map (people anyway have no experience on them), and it would make a better sense.

Tournament is over.
The results are published.

I am extremely unhappy with the way teams attitude negligently for this tournament. What a surprising lack of activity! Really so difficult to add to the list of players from opposing teams and to agree with them about the upcoming matches?

It is sad to see it all. Only waste time and resources spent.

So much tournaments ended like this. Really sad, feeling sorry for you. Was a nice initiative hmm

Not Luck, Just Magic.

I appreciate the way you brought up the tournament shreko. It was nice to finally see one after so long, but it the demise of it was forseen. Broken's dm tournament took the period of a few months to complete. That long for 1v1 games! Not everyone was able to get on at the same time, and people went inactive. So I could have seen the same happen for this sadly. sad I suggest having 2v2 for this reason. Also, try to have it flexible where active teams can face each other rather than a bracket. I don't see bracket systems being able to function as seeing how inactive people ruin the whole thing.
Ddrace tournament went pretty smoothly correct? My assumption is because two people could meet up a whatever time they wanted to, and could play for however long they were able to. If they didn't finish the map? No problem, they could resume it whenever they felt like.
Anyway, if you take into account my points. I would definitely love to see you make another tournament sometime. smile please don't be depressed over the outcome of this one. You're awesome. big_smile

Totally agree with Zgokee really said it well

OK OK,  after some pondering i have come up with the way to make the brackets although it may not the best way, it's better than the standard way. The games will be 2/3 as usual or however you used to do it.
1. Gather your teams up as usual and decide a length of time for the duration of the tournament.
2. You let each team play as many of the other teams that there are. No team can play each other more than once.
3. A team gets a point for every game they win. If you want to deduct a fraction of a point for a loss, feel free to do so. Although i don't see the point.
4. The winning team is decided by whichever team has gained the most points. In the event of a tie, the teams battle off for first place.

Pros:This method should remove the causes of long tournaments. Teams can play whenever and whatever team they want to play against whenever any of the other teams are online. It will smooth things up!

Cons: Theoretically, the most active team will win. However, i don't see that as an issue because they took the effort to be online.

Any thoughts on my idea?

I personally like the KnockouT structure, there is less players to keep track of, more momentum, and the final is more exciting than tallying points.