26 (edited by Broken 2012-01-01 23:51:16)

Re: [MOD] zCatch

Would you consider adding a laser jumps option, I think this would be challenging and fun. That is, the laser boosting like a grenade.

27 (edited by Teelevision 2012-01-29 01:35:14)

I was getting a virus warning when trying to download the compiled binaries. It seems not to be the mod but the site.
So anyway I just compiled the source for 32 and 64 bit linux: http://dl.teele.eu/tw/mods/zCatch/0.4.5/

I really like the mod. It is funny to see all the helpless insta people having problems handle grenades when someone voted it. ^^
Additionally for those who care: if you cannot host a server yourself you can try this (requires registration): http://www.teevision.eu/beta/tw/server/add/zCatch/3/1

28 (edited by 2012-02-26 16:33:04)

Hello

The last days i thought what to do against all these botters on zCatch. Unfortunately only very very few servers using banmaster so the current situation is very bad. So i had the idea to add my banmaster-address to the source of zCatch.
This has the advantage that a banned player cant simply change the server to continue botting there and a player who botted and has beeing banned once or twice probably wont bot anymore.
What do you think about my idea?

@ Teelevision
Thx, i will change the hoster.

@Broken
I think i will add it.

zCatch 0.4.6 released big_smile

Hey, thanks for adding laser jumps, but I'm getting an error on the latest version:

---------------------------
zcatch_srv.exe - Unable To Locate Component
This application has failed to start because libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
OK   

Hm, somehow gcc and msvc came into conflict, i dont know why.
Anyway, the new version should work (see first posting).

31 (edited by Broken 2012-02-26 22:32:10)

Thxxxx what's the variable for time to change teams when spec voted?

Broken wrote:

Thxxxx what's the variable for time to change teams when spec voted?

sv_vote_spectate_rejoindelay <minutes>

33 (edited by Broken 2012-02-26 22:33:51)

Thanks so much,

Also, I don't think the lasers should explode on wall rebound? big_smile (with laser jumps)

34 (edited by BlindC0der 2012-02-27 21:48:06)

Can u post an Linux 64Bit Version?
Cause when i run apt-get install ia32-libs i always get the following:
"Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?"
So i cant run with the 32bit libs...

EDIT: Ok, now i made it big_smile Dont need to post for 64bit^^

@TT:

Request, for making the mod for 0.7 not public. For more informations about this just look forward on me ingame. Message me as fast as possible, it's important.

xFrozen wrote:

@TT:

Request, for making the mod for 0.7 not public. For more informations about this just look forward on me ingame. Message me as fast as possible, it's important.

Are you retarded? 4get it.
If the original dev wont port it to 0.7 or wont realease it then I will. Just as easy as this.

xFrozen wrote:

@TT:

If you're not making it public, make sure it doesn't leak to xFrozen. smile

big_smile
No, zCatch will stay open source. Except you have very very very good arguments...

39 (edited by Zodiac 2012-09-21 19:14:33)

TT <3 I have an idea for zCatch, use it dont use it tongue There is a problem where 2 people would play together and get it down to just them and then refuse to kill each other. A way to fix this is too have a displayed timer (minute maybe?) once it reaches two people, and if neither kill each other in that time then both suicide.

This isn't just to stop people from causing trouble, it adds something extra to the final kill as you have the added pressure of doing it in a certain time period. The other thing is, is that it also alleviates the boredom of people haven't to sit and wait cause it would be more entertaining to watch and they wouldn't have to sit and wait forever if the people are noobing it up.

Just a suggestion smile

Hi AvidTeeworlder, thanks for your suggestion.
I also had this idea before but i decided not to implement this countdown because it might be disturbing for the players when they have such a countdown in the window (eg. as broadcast). I'm confident that if the last two players wont kill each other, the watching players will move them into spectators or even kick them after some time.
It's true, it might be more challenging but i think we dont need it. But anyway, i gonna ask some friends and other players what they think about that and then i will decide.

TT <3

TT <3 wrote:

Hi AvidTeeworlder, thanks for your suggestion.
I also had this idea before but i decided not to implement this countdown because it might be disturbing for the players when they have such a countdown in the window (eg. as broadcast). I'm confident that if the last two players wont kill each other, the watching players will move them into spectators or even kick them after some time.
It's true, it might be more challenging but i think we dont need it. But anyway, i gonna ask some friends and other players what they think about that and then i will decide.

TT <3

You could make it an optional extra, which someone could enable in the config.

How to make infinite ammo in Grenada?
How to increase the slots in the server?

This is not possible but I will (re-)add this feature soon again.
I dont know if you mean "sv_max_clients" or "sv_spectator_slots". Note that both are limited between 0 and 16.

I've seen some servers infinite ammo grenades and Lazar, help do the same.

Safok wrote:

I've seen some servers infinite ammo grenades and Lazar, help do the same.

This was available in older versions of zCatch but because many people complained about "spammers" (who continuously shoot) i decided to remove it. But as i said, in the next version it will be available again.

46 (edited by 2013-01-30 21:28:13)

Everytime I want to compile the clean source (on Windows & Linux) I receive no Error, but when I start the server I receive: Client dropped Reason: ""
And with the compiled version it works. The problem is: I want to change a few things for a clan intern server.
Please help me neutral

Ah i found my error. Thank you for this nice mod smile

Which source do you use? The latest on github?

In this Thread the Sourcelink is the source of the 0.7 trunk and I didn't see that^^ But with the zCatch Source it works.

Problem is that the disconnect reasons get dropped if sent from the client. This results in some unexplainable errors.

heinrich5991 wrote:

Problem is that the disconnect reasons get dropped if sent from the client. This results in some unexplainable errors.

I dont know what you mean. zCatch isn't available for 0.7 yet cause I didnt updated it.
NoXx probably used the 0.7trunk and tried to connect with a 0.6 client.

Anyway...

zCatch 0.4.7 released
First posting has been updated. I recommend you to update to the newest version.
If you find any bugs please report them. Thank you smile