Topic: Disc distribution at first friday

So if you're not familiar with first-friday type events (most aren't); It's an event that happens here in Philadelphia (and some other places) every first friday of the month, where artists and bands and numerous others set up stands along 2nd street and sell/show off/give away their work. There's usually 20-50 stands and a few thousand people come through during the night.

I'm planning to set up a stand and hand out DVD's with several popular FOSS games on them (Teeworlds being one) to try and get some new players/build interest in people who otherwise aren't familiar with FOSS games. So before I do that, I wanted to come here and get some feedback from you guys.

I was wondering a few things myself, Teeworlds isn't really distributed on physical media (often), so what would be the best way to package it? Should there (or is there) an installer for derpy Windows/Mac users? What else should be included?

2 (edited by m!nus 2012-09-19 15:57:05)

Re: Disc distribution at first friday

I did some rudimentary work on an installer for Windows, but it's not good enough yet.

Edit: If anyone wonders why this topic is so empty again, I took out the trash.

Re: Disc distribution at first friday

Alright. I'll write a readme at the top level (above Teeworlds folder) to try and hold the derpy users hands through copying and pasting it to their disk. Short of a batch/shell script installer (or yours) this is probably the best option.