Topic: Server Help!

I've already done all the configs, batches, all that crap. but I use

sv_register 1

and it always connects to LAN only! How can I make it appear on the servers list? No FAQ, forum thread, or support/help pages have helped!

Re: Server Help!

Do you host the server locally on your computer? If so, have somebody else check if your server really does not appear in the server list, because it happens quite often that only for you, your server will only be listed in the lan tab, but it will be available for all the others in the internet tab.

register]: no firewall/nat problems detected
[register]: server registered

When you see this in your console then your server is registered and other people can see it.
You often can't see your server in the Internet list because your router blocks it.

Have you forwarded a port in your router settings?
If you see lines like "check your firewall/nat" or "server not registered" then you need to set up a port forward on your router.
Google can help you how to do that: "*my router model* port forward"

Ah ok then. My server IS on the internet. So to join it, would I have to go to my LAN server? Or is there no way for me to join on the internet? I was trying to bring Teeworlds to this one website by having a server for it, and we were gonna have a tournament. Does this mean that I wont be able to play with them?

When you get the above message that your server is registered then there are no problems and players can join your server.
But please not that running homeservers isn't really a good idea because other people will have a high ping and laggs because of your internet connection (I assume you haven't got fibre)
It's funnyer to just play the game on other servers smile
You don't need to host your own server. There are tons of empty servers and we really don't need more of them.

I don't Know the reason for your server not showing up on your internet tab, so I don't know if it will be possible for you to connect to it. You can try entering your ip address manually, I'm quite sure this will work.

Hmm, well, it said it was registered, but it only appears in lan. I used sv_register 1, so I dont know why it isnt working. Since I cant see it, I got my friend on skype and told him to search the name and IP, but he said it didnt show up. Well, this sucks.

I have the same problem, and everyone in the neighborhood around me says it doesn't show up...
But my russian friends from my clan says it shows up.
I am sure people can see your server.
Ask somebody random.

no

What is it's name? We can search the name for you.

But... what if we tried more power?

if you want to join your server faster and not over internet then just type into your server address:
localhost:yourport

Pi_ wrote:

if you want to join your server faster and not over internet then just type into your server address:
localhost:yourport

That is basically the LAN tab.