1 (edited by Ich 2012-12-18 21:44:33)

Topic: [MAP]ctf_infection

Hello guys,

I want to present you my new* ctf map.
It's a 4on4 or 5on5 ctf map with a totally different gameplay than standard maps. Red and blue bases are unequal and the blue base is placed higher than the red. Some people said that red team got a handicap some that blue got one. I'm sure every side got positive and negative aspects. It's your choice how you use them for or against your enemy team and that makes it a very interesting kind of map for me. I didn't played for hours on it yet because i want your opinion about it. It's kinda a try to do something different.

Here are some screenshots:
Overview: With Gamelayer, Without Gamelayer.

Ingame: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8.

The map got a atmosphere which looks like a contaminated or infected place which has a big usage. But every pc should run this map with 200+ fps with 0 fsaa samples.
I got a gtx 560 ti 448 cores and an i3 530 and can run it on 1680*1050 with 16fsaa samples with the fps you can see in the screenshots. For those who have problems is the high detail function which disables the infection smoke.

* The map is a rebuild of an old dm map I made once. Here the link.

Downloads:
This map: ctf_infection.map
Dm version: infection.map

Please give me feedback and maybe some tips.

Re: [MAP]ctf_infection

I like it but its a bit laggy on my screen
but the animations are good

Wow! Awesome background!

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

sry but i see that the gamplay are not good hmm
to many stairs
but map looks great^^

Vanilla FTW!
My Videos

LightBulb wrote:

I like it but its a bit laggy on my screen
but the animations are good

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

Wow! Awesome background!

Thank you a lot wink

Kintaro* wrote:

sry but i see that the gamplay are not good hmm
to many stairs
but map looks great^^

Well there are a lot of stairs and you will lose your speed very often the first times.
I mean, you are able to move very fast after 30minutes. And why should it be that easy? This different gameplay is very interesting in my opinion. Else i wouldn't built this map big_smile

6 (edited by Broken 2012-11-16 18:42:21)

I like it a lot, but looks cool and something different B)

Broken wrote:

I like it a lot, but looks cool and something different B)

reminds me mo2's area_xenon. They are same awsome ^_^

As many other things on planet, this one can be solved with Vi.

You already said that here big_smile

would be unfair for one side but gw

Depends. Which side die you Mean?

12 (edited by Bee 2012-12-14 23:44:51)

That's a sexy map if I ever saw one! I really liked how you didn't stick to the typical style of having the CTF map "mirrored". It's risky but people can pull it off.
I'd give you a thumbs up yet I can't but just know that I would have. wink Me gusta tu mapa. big_smile

And commenting on what he said here:

Jambi* wrote:

would be unfair for one side but gw

He is right. I don't take back what I said about liking that you didn't mirror it; however, the red team does have a good advantage for at least two reasons, maybe three. First, there are a bit more hearts on their side. (I think there was three more in their "base" when I counted)
Second, there is more weapon spawns closer to their inner base, near the flag, than the blue. (only one more)
And third, based on how the map looks, the "middle" of the map (or the battle ground) appears to be slightly to the right of the actual middle, making it harder on the blue team to get the red flag and easier on the red team to get the blue flag.

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

The blue team had a little advantage in my opinion so I decided to give the red team more power in form of 'more weapons' or 'more health/armor'. The reason why blue has benefits is because their attackers are way faster in the red base than the reds in the blue which gives red defenders a way lower chance.

Some people say that blue has an advantage, some that red has one. I would say it's more how you and your teammates play and not the map which decides that. You can be very good on twice sides you only have to learn that they are very different and kinda the opposite of equal.

The map is well balanced in my opinion but I never REALLY tested it out with an 5on5 or something. I understand if you say that it's a not well balanced gameplay and you maybe are right with that.

smile

True, the only real way to know the map's quality is to have a large scale test.
I didn't consider the blue's advantage of quickness. That makes since. If in the end some think the red team has an advantage while the others think the blue does, then I'd say they are both opinions yet an accomplishment. Each player can be on the team he thinks has the advantage and everyone's happy!

Give others the respect you wish to be respected with. In the mean time, enjoy the website!

Thank you very much for your criticism smile