Topic: upTee - Web based Teeworlds server management tool

http://uptee.sushitee.de/static/img/logo_75.png

upTee aims to make the administration simple and fully configurable. It is designed to manage all kind of mods without the problem of missing something.
Also it shows the current status of each server hosted with upTee.

What can you do using upTee?

Like the topic already said you can manage teeworlds server. You can change the config, you can add and remove votes and even edit tunings if it is useful for the current mod. You can upload and delete maps. Additionally you are able to start and stop your server whenever you want.
Every mod is possible and it's easy to configure.
You can see live who is playing on all servers hosted by upTee.

What more you may want to know about upTee?

upTee is open source and can be installed on every PC/Server and operating system. It is written in python using the django framework.
The sourcecode can be found on github.com.
We are happy about every suggestion and bug report. Please use the github issues for that.
Feel free to join the development. We are ready to help you to get started.

What is planned in future?

For the future it is planned to make statistics for every server hosted with upTee and also to provide a webbased rcon console to manage your servers without the need of joining teeworlds. Also we want to have a little blog application for giving information.

Who is developing upTee?

upTee is made by Sushi and Fisico. A special thanks goes to Zatline for the header logo and to all the teerace team because I used lots of code from there.

Beta tests

upTee goes to beta right now. All main functions are included and ready to test. The first 5 users (for now) who can provide us with a mod and a basic config file will be able to join the beta tests. So hurry up wink
You can join the beta tests on http://uptee.sushitee.de
After the registration you will have to wait until you an admin accepts you which will happen only to those 5 users I already mentioned.

What else I have to say?

Actually nothing. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Have fun smile

uptee - a simple web interface for hosting and maintaining teeworlds servers
teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

Re: upTee - Web based Teeworlds server management tool

Uiii this looks really nice! Ten internets for you.
I've register and waiting for my approval smile

The Design is very sexy aswell :3

Interesting. Looking forward to see samples of what one can do using upTee!

Not Luck, Just Magic.

after the first problems (something fucked my server) i accepted all users who registered.
Noone has a server yet. The first 5 ppl who tell me what exactly they want (server, config and so on) will get the servers.
Some will wonder how to contact me... Well PM here would be one possibility wink

teerace - a website gathering results of trusted Race-mod servers providing global ranking and statistics
*gV* rox ^^

5 (edited by m!nus 2012-11-15 11:57:43)

I'm impressed. I've been wanting to do something like that for a while. Now I won't have to. smile

Edit: The setup.py isn't working, the module lacks a docstring and get_version().

Edit2: After trying to add a server executable I see you have to use a specifically prepared bundle (config.cfg). Also, if using a tar.gz file make sure python has gzip support enabled.

Edit3: Registered on your site, SushiTee. I just want to see it…

6 (edited by Sushi Tee 2013-01-26 02:17:54)

i think i fixed the thing with the setup.py... thx smile

about tar.gz... for now tar without gz is ok i think but this will be added. smile
about the config... yes. The settings which can be used by the website are defined by the config which comes with the mod. In the config file u can set which variables are sconfigurable and also the widget the which should be used in the list. Like this it is possible to provide support for all mods which are out there.
I gonna create some readme file which shows how to configure all the page and how to add mods the right way.

I activated u and created a 0.7-trunk vanilla server for u

EDIT:

i just noticed that the uptee was down for a long time... im sry about that... i dont know why and i only saw it now because i was kinda not there all the last months...
it is running now again smile

EDIT2:

Wiki for upTee

I finally found the time to write a little wiki in github which explains pretty much everything about uptee.
It shows how to set up a development or a production server using nginx and uWSGI. Also it describes how the mods work and what u have to do to create your own mod for uptee including a detailed explanation of how the configuration works and how its is possible for every mod being compatible with uptee.

So everyone who is interessted to help with the development or who want to host uptee for public use can now easyly achieve this.

EDIT3: xD

Thx to all testers. the software seems quite stable and i decided to finish with the first version... so i just released version 0.1.0 of upTee.

The next step will be to change the version to 0.2.0 alpha... meanging new features will be added like the possibility to invite other ppl to an server and allow the to moderate the configuration and so on. Also a little blog is planned and a userlist of the players playing on the servers and blabla.

Feel free to suggest things you may wanna see different or you would like to see wink

And another edit:

We have a little userlist now and the user can switch between the mods. So every mod uploaded can be chosen. smile

*gV* rox ^^

Very nice idea! I love it!

The development is going well and the newest feature which needs testing arived smile

http://i.solidfiles.net/f58bad5547.png

*gV* rox ^^

Looks amazing. Does this have mod support yet.

ofc... since teeworlds 0.6 you can use the so called econ to connect to the teeworlds server and use it like you would use the rcon. I simply use it smile

*gV* rox ^^

Nice console content big_smile

Is it possible to control my own servers with uptee or only your servers?

all servers hosted with uptee can be controled by uptee

if u host your servers using uptee (your own uptee installation) u can control your servers too.

*gV* rox ^^

great work, as always Sushi

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!

Hi,

I've been trying to set up a production server on my Ubuntu VPS.

I followed the instructions on GitHub, but i got stuck at

python manage.py syncdb

It's giving me this error:

...... ImportError: No module named django.core.management

Do you know how to solve it?

If possible please reply with a noob-friendly version of your sollution.
thx

SNAK3
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. tongue

# apt-get install python-pip
# pip install $(cat requirements.txt)

Try this. The first command will install the python package manager, the second one will install all requirements for uptee.

16 (edited by dodedodo 2013-03-07 19:24:24)

I thought i had already tried that because it was also stated in the setup guide. It turns out i haven't. Or this is a different command than the one used in the uptee guide.

Thanks for you reply, and sorry for my stupid question tongue

SNAK3
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. tongue

17 (edited by 2013-08-04 15:08:53)

to all who can call a test server on uptee there own... i added some nice feature (which looks ugly though) to uptee which allows it start/stop/restart their servers automatically on a specified time. In my tests it worked quite well but as it is new and i didnt really see it in action yet it needs testing and feedback.

So feel free to test and try to break it smile

edit: uptte is no available with the following url too: http://uptee.teesites.net/

*gV* rox ^^