1 (edited by Ioannisjanni 2012-11-26 22:38:01)

Topic: [CLOSED]editing posts.

i cant edit my old posts anymore . why ?
thanks anyway,
Mr.Pinky

Teeworlds!!!!

Re: [CLOSED]editing posts.

Posts older than one week can't be edited anymore.

3 (edited by unsigned char* 2012-10-28 22:11:46)

Deleted...

4 (edited by Ioannisjanni 2012-10-27 20:35:56)

well thats stupid ,isnt it ? sorry if im offending , but i like to post my art in one post only , by editing it
. do you mean that each week the posts cant be edited anymore ? or only the ones before this week ?

Teeworlds!!!!

Mr.Pinky wrote:

well thats stupid ,isnt it ? sorry if im offending , but i like to post my art in one post only , by editing it
. do you mean that each week the posts cant be edited anymore ? or only the ones before this week ?

True....

And it's also not allowed to put more threads than one for own maps/gfx

How can Mod creators update their mods?
How can Gfx creators update their works?
How can you have such a bad idea, M!nus?

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

HeroiAmarelo wrote:

First of all, don't blame minus, it was my idea, so blame me.
I made it because some forum members decided to replace all their posts with useless content, like for example erasing all posts and replacing them with 'deleted' or so.. Not sure how to solve this two problems simultanously.

Maybe make the first post allways edit able and the rest not?

9 (edited by unsigned char* 2012-10-28 22:11:58)

Deleted...

Suggestions:
1) Only the OP can be edited.
2) Make the delete button visible all times.
3) Make some kind of a filter: if the message contains 'deleted', "this message has been deleted", etc, delete it automatically.
4) Make a minimum amount of characters (for example minimum 30 characters) (also handy for spam).

May be bad suggestions, but it is something.

11 (edited by Ioannisjanni 2012-10-28 14:30:07)

heinrich5991 wrote:
HeroiAmarelo wrote:

I made it because some forum members decided to replace all their posts with useless content, like for example erasing all posts and replacing them with 'deleted' or so.. Not sure how to solve this two problems simultanously.

maybe just dont do anything at all . sounds best to me...
i even think that letting people delete posts , or the admins deleting posts , is kinda stupid , cause someone new , who wants to read it , will read
[ART]Mr.Pinky's showroom.

they will click on it , and see this.

''Nice art man !

this sucks !!''

they will be confused and just dont understand what to do.

then there will be tons of topics about how there arent arts at the post , bla bla bla
i hope im not offending anyone

Mr.Pinky

Oh and Ps. wasnt there a topic that kottizen posted about not commenting on spam , cause people will be confused ?
this is kinda like that

Teeworlds!!!!

12 (edited by unsigned char* 2012-10-28 22:12:12)

Deleted...

I do not know wrote:

And HTTPS don't block bots!.... SSL only is for protect data... and in the forum only is necessary in login process.. ¿no?
Only have you managed to increase your monthly data rate...

That's a misconception, HTTPS barely uses any more traffic. The question is, why not to use HTTPS, I don't see any reason for this. And furthermore, it DOES increase security as the session cookie should leak to evil persons too. smile

14 (edited by unsigned char* 2012-10-28 22:12:24)

deleted..

I do not know wrote:

It is a matter of priorities, if you want your machine to consume resources without any sense.. good.

Example, facebook uses HTTPS but have channels to developers without encrypt data for manage info... ¿why? that the info is public.

Heinrich just told you it had an use, and it barely needed more traffic.

Nota: since it's been a while you're browsing the forum, you should really stop using ¿. There is no such symbol in english.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

16 (edited by unsigned char* 2012-10-28 22:12:35)

deleted...

That's cool and totally irrelevant.

Why should we have privacy on demand instead of privacy by default?

Facebook servers its API via HTTP (without SSL) too, because some tools don't work with HTTPS I guess.

And still, security is needed even after authentication, because of the session cookie. Google 'firesheep', you'll get why. But even without those problems, privacy by default is still a good thing.

18 (edited by unsigned char* 2012-10-28 22:12:48)

deleted...

19 (edited by Dune 2012-10-29 01:55:34)

Sigh. I kinda understand why heinrich has tried to refrain people from editing old posts. What the hell is the point of doing that? That's r*******.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:

Sigh. I kinda understand why heinrich has tried to refrain people from editing old posts. What the hell is the point of doing that? That's retarded.

Please refrain from using the "R" word. Thank you.

Ex-King of Teeworlds

21 (edited by Zodiac 2012-10-29 06:03:55)

heinrich5991 wrote:
HeroiAmarelo wrote:

This is how you can do it. Make it so when you edit your post, it displays the latest version, but the previous versions are still stored. So just add a "Post Edited" button, that when someone hovers over it it shows all the previous versions of the post, which people are able to click on and view it.

Zodiac wrote:
heinrich5991 wrote:
HeroiAmarelo wrote:

This is how you can do it. Make it so when you edit your post, it displays the latest version, but the previous versions are still stored. So just add a "Post Edited" button, that when someone hovers over it it shows all the previous versions of the post, which people are able to click on and view it.

that could work !!

Teeworlds!!!!

Mr.Pinky wrote:
Zodiac wrote:
heinrich5991 wrote:

that could work !!

Yip. But I am guessing from the lack of response that they disagree.

24 (edited by Kirbs 2012-10-31 12:42:39)

I disagree.... It could get annoying for some people...
And new members would get confused probably.  (@YemDX: trees are retarded stumps lol)

no

25 (edited by Zodiac 2012-10-31 15:08:45)

Lord Kirby [HDP] wrote:

I disagree.... It could get annoying for some people...
And new members would get confused probably.  (@YemDX: trees are retarded stumps lol)

How would it be annoying? You already have the "(edited by Lord Kirby [HDP] Today 13:42:39)" thing above each post. It will just be a text further right that will say "Edits" and when you hover over and click on it, it shows a drop down box of the different versions in order. Click on the version and it displays it.

Very unintrusive and will only affect those who want to see previous versions of the post, so in that case I don't see why it would be annoying, and I dont see why new members would get confused as they will only see the latest version unless they specifically go and look for older versions and in that case they must know what they are doing.