1 (edited by Neox 2012-09-28 16:57:35)

Topic: Creat an Infection mod

Hi,
Yesterday I made a map in 3 hours, the map was created to be an infection map. Then I wrote the server's settings, to play in the infection mod (I wrote sv_gametype infection) and when I start the server, it's not an infection but a DM mod.. I searched on Google, on the forum, tutorials on Youtube, downloaded a server creator (where there is infection mod too) but I can't select my own map and tune the server, I searched for 3 hours and don't find ! Please, can somebody help me, saying what I need to write in the server_default.cfg to play in an Infection mod, and tune the server too have a tuning like other good infection maps (with Speedhook etc.)

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.

2 (edited by G@mer 2012-09-28 11:44:02)

Re: Creat an Infection mod

Hi Ketur Killer,

to create a server with the infection mod you need to download the special server file. Your standard server file doesn't contain the mods made from fans. It's just supporting the standard gametypes.

So you have to do the following:

- download the infection server binary here https://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8360
- unpack it into your server directory

server.cfg:

sv_map yourmap
sv_gametype infection

- move your map to the folder maps/ where your server binary is located

Hope this will help you,
G@mer

3 (edited by Neox 2012-09-28 17:04:03)

Re: Creat an Infection mod

So, it's very different of the normal servers ? I'll try it !

-----------------------

Where need I write the "sv_map Mymap" ? Because the infection server (the link you gave me) open the file dm1.map, not my map >< And for the tunings please ? ^^' What need I do ? (I'm sorry, I am a noob in server creating xD)

--------------------------

Ahhhh thanks, I just forgot a little detail ! Thank you man smile

while(!Success())
    TryAgain();
Try until you succeed.