1 (edited by Frostworker 2013-01-16 19:14:00)

Topic: .: FrostBite Networks | Official Support Thread :.

http://frostbitenetworks.com/images/presentation_images/Introduction.png

FrostBite Networks is an independent hosting company, whose focus lies on Indie Developers and Indie Gamers. We're here to ensure that, where other hosting companies overlook the small guys, we provide quality support and performance that everyone deserves.

This thread serves to connect our customers with our team directly, we will be posting news, answering questions, providing advice and informing you of any discounts throughout the months ahead.

We will be keeping this thread up to date on the latest news and inform you on any discounts we have running, so that you can get the best performance for the best price!

If you do have any issues, feel free to respond here and we will gladly resolve them.

.: Initial Offering :.

Our current line up includes TeeWorlds, CraftStudio and the recently added, King Arthurs Gold Servers, all of which have been trialed and tested to work with our servers. All of our servers have are instantly setup on the first payment and then your details emailed to you.

We also provide support for any modifications, problems or changes you would like to make with the games, in terms of maps, 3rd party plugins, etc. We are here to ensure that you get the best support out of your hosting!

FrostBite Networks currently employ an automatic server restart and update script, called "FroStart" which is installed on all servers to ensure that your server is always online and always functional. Should you require any support with your server whatsoever, you can submit a support ticket and one of our helpful technicians will gladly help you in any way possible.

For any information or questions, respond to this topic and I'll respond shortly!

TeeWorld Server Hosting - Fully customizable
FrostBite Networks
www.frostbitenetworks.com

Re: .: FrostBite Networks | Official Support Thread :.

The webpage looks really well worked, but, there are cheaper companys that sells Teeworlds Server as well, and they support Mods...

Playing Teeworlds since 2011!
"I will always be topless for you"
                  - Günther Branlutte

Moved to Community News. You might want to add a bit more info to your post, like that where your services are located (USA by the looks).

4 (edited by Malachite 2012-08-27 21:15:43)

LOL? For 8$ (6€) a month I could set up my own vServer and run as many TW servers as I want.

No, really. It's just too expensive. TeeVision host a server for a third of your price (2€/2,7$ a month), and they support custom maps and mods.

So your offer is not what you call a "great deal"…

EDIT: Just read that you provide root access on every TW server? What is the difference to a vServer, except that teeworlds_srv is preinstalled? And why is a TW server just 1$ cheaper than a vServer which has the double RAM and three times as much bandwith?

EDIT²:  Just read that your servers have a line speed of "100 mB". Isn't that a bit too little, one hundred milli bytes? That's one byte in ten seconds…

5 (edited by Kirbs 2012-08-28 02:08:41)

It costs money? Money?!?! I have my own server up and running for free. Who needs to buy a server when there are better deals AND you can host even better servers for free. I like USA though. (because I live there! big_smile) Maybe there will be more than 3 good USA clans soon. But if lots and lots and lots of people are happy with you, then I will just host two servers. (yours and my two) I might try teevision too. I will if I ever really really really really want an instagib server. But I like to play vanilla too.

no

"EDIT²:  Just read that your servers have a line speed of "100 mB". Isn't that a bit too little, one hundred milli bytes? That's one byte in ten seconds…"

Thank you so much for the correction its actually a 100MB, a small mistake that would have cost us dearly had you not pointed it out "Malachite". A revision in prices has been discussed, it has been changed to $4.95 per month. Changes to all the prices have been made, and will be up as soon as possible. Message me if you would like to know the new prices.

Yes we are situated in the US, Dallas to be exact. Our servers do support all mods.

There is also a great special on our VPS and craftstudios servers, 50% off! Just enter the code FROST50 at check out to take advantage of this offer...

Frostworker...

FrostBite Networks

I did not find an imprint or something like that on your page, just a contact form. I don't know how the situation is in USA, but here in Germany you have to provide an imprint if you earn money with your site, even if you just embed ads…

Disregarding I don't like much making business with juristical persons outside Germany (law reasons, especially in the USA), I would do this lesser if I don't even know the name and the location of this juristical person.

BTW, are you a company or a (group of) private person(s)?

8 (edited by 2012-08-28 20:37:06)

Malachite:
-We are a company.
-What do you meen by imprint if I may ask?
-We have Terms and Conditions if that is what you are after?

Frostworker.

Prices have been fixed please feel free to check out our site.

http://www.frostbitenetworks.com/

FrostBite Networks

9 (edited by Malachite 2012-08-28 21:20:39)

Frostworker wrote:

-What do you meen by imprint if I may ask?

Don't you say that in America? Maybe it's a British word, but it exists: http://dict.leo.org/?lp=ende&from=f … =impressum

You maybe say "legal notice" or something like that. It's a page with the name of your company, your location and how you're contactable, like the following

Lorem ipsum GbR
Alan-Turing-Straße 42
99423 Weimar, TH
Germany

Tel.: +49-03643-1234
Mail: lorem@ipsum.de

10 (edited by Frostworker 2012-09-01 20:16:58)

Hey guys, so im going out on a limb here.

I want to know if you guys can think of any new games that may need hosting!

If you do feel free to comment!

Regards,
Frostworker

FrostBite Networks

Frostworker wrote:

Hey guys, so im going out on a limb here.

I want to know if you guys can think of any new games that may need hosting!

If you do feel free to comment!

Regards,
Frostworker

This is a teeworlds forum. Maybe you should ask that question in a more general forum.

Hence the "going out on a limb part"...

Was just wondering if there are similar games that you guys know about?

FrostBite Networks

Frostworker wrote:

Did you try google? Sorry, but I think this is really not the correct place to discuss this.

ghost wrote:
Frostworker wrote:

Did you try google? Sorry, but I think this is really not the correct place to discuss this.

My apologies Ghost. Will re frame from asking questions like that again.

We've updated the first post to give a better overview of FrostBite and what we're about.

FrostBite Networks

I like your tagline:

FrostBite wrote:

Dominate in range of maps and gamemodes! Join the battle. Leave your mark.

smile big_smile

Once in a century...

DARK HUNTER wrote:

I like your tagline:

FrostBite wrote:

Dominate in range of maps and gamemodes! Join the battle. Leave your mark.

smile big_smile

Thanks! Glad you enjoy it wink

FrostBite Networks

Bought a TW server from them, love the service, instead giving you some crappy control panel you control everything through SSH, love it.

If you want to test your ping or just try out my server search for My Imaginary Clan in server browser.

frecel wrote:

Bought a TW server from them, love the service, instead giving you some crappy control panel you control everything through SSH, love it.

If you want to test your ping or just try out my server search for My Imaginary Clan in server browser.

Hey Frecel,

Thank you for the kind words, we love it when we can make another TeeWorlder smile! It's good to have you aboard Frecel!

Also, if you have any questions or issues, you know you are always free to contact us at any time.

Regards,
FrostBite Networks

FrostBite Networks

Is there any chance for FrostBite servers in more locations around NA in near future?

At the moment there are about a thousand teeworlds servers.
Let's assume frostbitenetworks were to host half of them, you would be making ~ $2500 minus the cost of the servers.

I wonder if teeworlds support is really worth it !?

Developper of teeworlds-stats.info

Actually after paypal fee and taxes they probably keep around $4 per server. Maybe making money is not their main focus here.

frecel wrote:

Is there any chance for FrostBite servers in more locations around NA in near future?

NA? To which region does this refer?

TeecTac wrote:

At the moment there are about a thousand teeworlds servers.
Let's assume frostbitenetworks were to host half of them, you would be making ~ $2500 minus the cost of the servers.

I wonder if teeworlds support is really worth it !?

We want to be able to provide servers for anyone who needs them, not just games with massive audiences. So we offer a few games and will be adding more as we are made aware of them or the need for them grows. This way, we will carry on supporting and growing our business.

FrostBite Networks

Frostworker wrote:

North America

frecel wrote:
Frostworker wrote:

North America

Hey Frecel,

Do you have a specific area in North America in your mind? Or Just North America in general? We want to try get servers as close to our customers as possbile.

FrostBite Networks

Well I live in Alberta, Canada, having a server here would be great. If it is easier for you to get set up in US a server in Montana would be just as awesome.