Re: [MOD] Instagib

Hey, can someone help, dont understand the instruction. Can you tell me what i have to do with the files in your zip file?You said :
you apply the patch to the sourcecode like this:

patch -p1 < instagib.patch

then you build teeworlds as you normally would with bam:

bam release

then run the server

./teewars_srv -f something

and you'll be running instagib

But i dont understand, are there any little other steps?

I have compiled and uploaded binaries for Windows 32bit and Linux x86, feel free to download your choice and replace the exsisting ones with the binaries. Note that these are like 0.4.0 or 0.4.1.

28 (edited by motar 2008-04-14 13:22:38)

I red it all and it works that laser is my default weapon and damage 10 works too. But what i have to do to meke weapons armour hearts away?

If I get you right, you want to disable powerup spawning. That is done either by using the patch or my binaries. Did you even read what I wrote?

Yeah i opened your patch file with the editor. But there isnt anything what hepls me to disable powerups. Or I dont understand...?

31 (edited by Somerunce 2008-04-14 14:01:10)

Just comment the following row:

world->insert_entity(this);

32 (edited by motar 2008-04-14 14:16:56)

Ok, i dont know mabey i am to dumb for this ..., i have the patch file in my teewars folder(the main folder), so what i have to do now?? And what do you mean with the code, have i to put it anywhere?

You must apply the patch to the source and then compile it. Probably you shouldn't do it because you don't seem to be able to do what I tell you to.

ok what is the source , which data? And how can i apply the patch with the source, can u discribe me plz?

The Teeworlds source of course.

Apply the patch: http://www.teeworlds.com/forum/viewtopi … 8346#p8346

Ok thanks for your effort, i will try a little bit smile

37 (edited by motar 2008-04-14 14:55:03)

ok 1 last question..., where have i to write this --> patch -p1 < instagib.patch

I never made something like this, dont understand wehen there is to apply make: patch -p1 < instagib.patch

dont know what that does that mean, mabey someone can discribe it in little steps?

I have a problem... The same as CaptainHook.

~/teeworlds-0.4.2-src$   patch -p1 < instagib.patch
patching file src/game/server/gs_server.cpp
Hunk #1 FAILED at 857.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1601.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/game/server/gs_server.cpp.rej

I don't know if the patch is compatible with 0.4.2, so you maybe must change the things manually. It's not much.

Yep, now it works tongue After manually change is ok. Great job tongue

My instagib server closed randomly after some hour of working.

I have 3 normal servers and 1 instagib; only instagib have this problem.

Anybody have the same issue ?

When I ran the instagib server, the same happened to me. I'm currently not maintaining the mod so I wont debug and see what's wrong. If anyone finds a solution, feel free to upload your version.

I had a similar problem with The Black Ninja mod, after few days (like 3 or 4) the server died. I've never run a normal server, so don't know if that's normal. Anyway couldn't spot the cause of the problem (which imo was an overflowing variable or something like that).

Dio Bastardo!

do you fixed the teamkill? for the windows version

zarj wrote:

do you fixed the teamkill? for the windows version

I think this post is for the old version, for the 1.0 look > here <

Somerunce wrote:

To make it killing with one hit, use "tune laser_damager 10" in the conf.

Please modify this... it is laser_damage

i cant extrahier it

i need the windows version

49 (edited by caribou 2008-05-11 23:13:00)

The windows version of this instagib version is not working contrary to the 1.0 instagib windows version, but on the 1.0 you can't set friendly fire off without patching and compiling again.

The easier thing for you would be to compile THIS version (from this post then) and use it, depends of yours skills.

Hi, sorry if i ask but can you tell me how you must install instagib ? i don't understand it very well sow if someone could help me plz.

i have downloaded the istagib.patch but i dont know what to do with it.

thanks a lot wink