1 (edited by Somerunce 2008-05-03 21:31:32)

Topic: [MOD] Instagib 1.0

http://static.pici.se/pictures/luTorGNyq.png

Welcome to the official Instagib-thread. Instagib has been around for a while and I felt it was time to give you players something more to play with. Therefore I release Instagib 1.0! This is a major update with lots of changes - all listed right below this text. It is now easier than ever to create an Instagib-server and also funnier to play. The new version is a complete rewrite, but works exactly like the previous one.

:: Features
* Complete rewrite
* Exploding laser
* Enable Instagib with just one command
* Full support for all official gametypes
* Broadcast of kills
* Enable/disable damage with/without bounce

As you see all these things are new and can seem strange at the beginning, but after many hours of evaluating and testing this is the result.

:: Commands

There are a few commands added to make it easier to use and customize Instagib to meet your needs.

* sv_instagib - Set this to 1 to enable Instagib. This will make rifle the standard weapon and disable all item-spawns. Default: 0
* sv_instagib_dmg - Set this to 0 to disable damage from hits without bounce. Default: 1
* sv_instagib_bouncedmg - Set this to 0 to disable damage from hits with bounce. Default: 1
* sv_instagib_explode - Set this to 1 to enable exploding laser. Default: 0
* sv_broadcast_kills - Set this to 1 to enable broadcasting of the player's kills. Default: 0

:: Server hosters: Look here!

Sometimes players want to play non-modded servers. Therefore I would be really happy if you put [MOD] in front of the server name, or put MOD inside the name. This is to help people that wants to play normal servers sometimes. I won't kill you if you don't, but remember you get this mod for free and putting [MOD] in the beginning of the server name is a great way of paying back to me. One nice thing would be if you have a motd, that you put something like "This is Instagib 1.0" or something like that in the end, so I know which servers using my mod. In return I give you support for the mod.

:: Thanks to

I want to thank the Teeworlds devs for the wonderful game, and Daniel for helping me with bugs and such. smile

:: Download!

Yeah, it was a long text and now you're not far from downloading Instagib 1.0 (actually just a few pixels away).

Download Instagib 1.0 from Filebin.ca
Download Instagib 1.0 from Rapidshare
Download Instagib 1.0 from File Factory
Download Instagib 1.0 from MediaFire
Download Instagib 1.0 from WillHostForFood
Download Instagib 1.0 from SaveFile

2 (edited by [molsch] 2008-05-03 21:59:21)

Re: [MOD] Instagib 1.0

Nice Mod. Like it. It's running on my server at the moment. The only thing i have to complain about is that the command "sv_broadcast_kills" doesn't show the kills, but the points. You can't see your kills while playing capture the flag. I'd change this into "xx points" or leave the ctf points out ... i hope you understand wink

* sv_instagib_dmg - Set this to 0 to disable damage from hits without bounce. Default: 1
* sv_instagib_dmg - Set this to 0 to disable damage from hits with bounce. Default: 1

erm... The same variable for two different things? I think you meant sv_instagib_bouncedmg for the second one.
I took a look at the patch file and I wouldn't have thought that adding an new sv_var and using was so easy yikes Just a question: what does these 3 int parameters in the macro mean? One is the default value, ok, but the two others?
Btw I don't like this explosion thing, I think it's not in the instagib spirit. Hopefully we can disable it.
And why the sv_broadcast_kills var is called broadcast? (since it only sends a message to the killer and a broadcast is a message to all clients, right?) Yeah I know, it's ... (argh, I don't know the english word for this xD) big_smile
Nice work though wink.

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

4 (edited by Somerunce 2008-05-03 21:32:30)

Oh, my bad. Thanks for reminding me.

The reason for the name broadcast_kills is that it uses the broadcast function to show it smile

The first parameter in macro is default, second is min and last is max.

The broadcast kills shows the score currently, I didn't think of it before releasing. I will make that better for the next update.

Good job smile

Translation of your thread in french here : Instagib on Teeworlds.net

SO this is a instantgibmod with killing sprees or what i did´nt get it all with my english skills

Nope, it just sends how many kills a player scored to this player.
For the killing sprees, it's here.

spl0k, aka Al`. From the HuH clan.
Noobing pwns since 01/01/1970.
TeeViewer - TeeComp

Hello,

This mod is really nice and the fact that it's customizable directly from the console as well but i can't find a way to set the friendly fire off (my sv_teamdamage = 0).

What's the trick ?

I missed it when making the mod, didn't try it that way, the solution is to place the

if(gameobj->is_friendly_fire(client_id, from) && !config.sv_teamdamage)
         return false;

code over the instagib stuff in the take_damage function.

In your patch you mean !? I'm a bit lost...

Yeah. Of course I will fix this to the next version.

@@ -565,8 +565,24 @@

this->from = from;
     pos = at;
-    energy = -1;        
-    hit->take_damage(vec2(0,0), tuning.laser_damage, owner->client_id, WEAPON_RIFLE);
+    energy = -1;
+    
+    // instagib mod
+    if(config.sv_instagib)
+    {
+        if(!config.sv_instagib_explode)
+        {
+            if((bounces && config.sv_instagib_bouncedmg) || (!bounces && config.sv_instagib_dmg))
+                hit->take_damage(vec2(0,0), 0, owner->client_id, WEAPON_RIFLE);
+        }
+        else
+        {
+            if((bounces && config.sv_instagib_bouncedmg) || (!bounces && config.sv_instagib_dmg))
+                hit->die(owner->client_id, WEAPON_RIFLE);
+        }
+    }
+    else
+        hit->take_damage(vec2(0,0), tuning.laser_damage, owner->client_id, WEAPON_RIFLE);
     return true;
 }

You mean around there ?

Hi, sorry if i ask but can you tell me how you must install instagib ? i don't understand it very well sow if someone could help me plz.

i have downloaded the istagib.patch but i dont know what to do with it.

thanks a lot wink

what do with this folder ? (instagib1.0 )

Sorry for me bad english

how do i open the instagib.patch?

http://i.solidfiles.net/3efd0.png

burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

andy.c wrote:

how do i open the instagib.patch?

You can apply the patch to the source code. But this one is afaik for teeworlds 0.4.X. So it will not help you very much.

Antoine de Saint Exupéry: It seems that perfection is reached not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
Besides -  I am the gfx guy!