Topic: Private message

T = regulare chat
Y = Team Chat
Tab + name = easy spotted red chat

how about a private message function too one specific player regardless wich team he is in?

P + name = blue letters (for an example) only visible for the player with that name

Re: Private message

I really like our idea smile but u could post it here:

Ideas for the next version

Maybe you got more succes there

I heard that a whispering system is planned for 0.7..
You can check the issue here https://github.com/teeworlds/teeworlds/issues/529

thanks for the link both of you!
the whisper function is exactly what i had in mind:)
nice:) !!!

5 (edited by Zodiac 2012-08-05 16:21:31)

I have implemented a whisper function in my mod. The way it works is a person types /w Name then it goes through all the names and gets their client ID then sends it as a server message.

I also edited the client side where it servers this server message and identifies it as a whisper then makes the necessary colour/format adjustments.

Not that hard to implement, and incredibly useful.

EDIT: If someone wants the code just give me a message and I am more than willing to give it out. Btw, I also got /r<TAB> working for auto-reply, but a far more useful function would be /r<SPACE>, donno if someone wants to look into that.

GJ :-)

AvidTeeworlder wrote:

I have implemented a whisper function in my mod. The way it works is a person types /w Name then it goes through all the names and gets their client ID then sends it as a server message.

That's just server-sided whisper - it's just about not sending the message to anyone else than the target. No need for a client modification for that (thus for a 0.7).

The /r would require client support to actually just change the /r into /w LastName.

Not Luck, Just Magic.

Dune wrote:
AvidTeeworlder wrote:

That's just server-sided whisper - it's just about not sending the message to anyone else than the target. No need for a client modification for that (thus for a 0.7).

The /r would require client support to actually just change the /r into /w LastName.

A server sided whisper is the best way to go about it, else it just leaves room for abuse, E.G Someone harassing another person in whisper. The way I handle it, is that the whisper is recorded in logs and then sent to the target so if a complaint is made an admin of the server can deal with the problem and have evidence to go by.

Having said that, I can see the need for someone who isn't playing on a trusted server to not want their whispers to go through the server.